eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Chances of ebay unlimiting my parents accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/4317-chances-ebay-unlimiting-my-parents-accounts.html)

guitarca18 04-28-2008 11:05 AM

Chances of ebay unlimiting my parents accounts?

I was foolishly tossed from ebay on my own stupidity. Multiple accounts canceled..You know the song and drill. Unfortunately I have come to find out that my parents accounts have been suspended as well for being associated with mine.

This seems kind of ridiculous. Although my accounts were originally registered at the same address they have been changed and different for about 1 year. All other information is different. The only thing I can think is the day I discovered I was suspended I happened to be at they're house on they're wifi and logged in to discover my suspension. That was about 3 weeks ago. Yesterday I discovered the rest of my accounts and as well as their accounts were suspended.

What are the chances of ebay removing the limit on they're accounts? They were merely innocent bystanders that honestly knew nothing of what I did on ebay.

mantisinc 04-28-2008 12:02 PM

If you were on their Wifi, then you were using the same IP. So I expect that, and the old address match contributed to it.

Having said that, I've had multiple ebay accounts suspended from the same address and IP as my sister, and dad. Both of theirs got suspended. (This was about a year ago.) They created new account with the same info. As they are in the same house, we log in via the same IP, and I've had accounts suspended since then. But theirs have remained fine.

So it's an odd one. I think if they see you are in the same household, but selling/buying totally different things, they may let it slip.

guitarca18 04-28-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 38584)
Did you ever use any of their accounts for any purpose? Did you ever yourself log into their accounts?

Nope. I have never logged into they're accounts at all.. They don't trust me that much. :) I don't even live there anymore. I just happened to be there with my laptop and logged on to discover my accounts were suspended.

guitarca18 04-28-2008 08:24 PM

A little update. My Dad got the "Send us your info" email and we will review it..He sent me the form..I'm tempted to fax it on my other accounts that were merely linked to my bad one. Think maybe they'd screw up and un-limit my account?

guitarca18 04-29-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 38684)
Any accounts that were used for similar purposes, or bid on each other, or provided feedback to each other, will never be reinstated.

If your parents' accounts have no connection to yours other than the IP/cookie linking, then they should be able to get them back.

I bought the stealth book today because thats what I figured...I guess my sarcasm was lost to text..That book is awesome though. A few things and uses that I hadn't thought of.

tbone 05-05-2008 11:03 AM

how much time to wait before making a new account?

This is probably a dumb question already asked and answered elsewhere, but after an hour of looking on this forum I can't find it, so I'm gonna let it fly here and see what happens. Here's the deal: I was thrown off eBay for selling "questionable" items. We went back and forth (eBay and me) about being reinstated, and they just today told me that I was being booted permanently "with no plans for future reinstatement" or something like that. Basically I'm out for good. Long story short, is, I was booted for selling the same stuff a couple of years back- faxed my ID, etc to them, along with a statement saying under penalty of perjury, etc I wouldn't do it again, they let me back on, and slowly I got greedy again and started slipping the same items back into my eBay repertiore. So I got bumped again, and I guess after doing a history search on me they realized I had been warned already about this, so hense the decision to permanently give me the axe. I think I've got enough information here to get back in the game with a new/bogus account and fly under the radar for a little while, but the question I have for you guys is, my wife and kids like to play around on eBay some too, doing stuff that's on the up-and-up, not affiliated with my borderline/questionable stuff. My question is this: what if my wife wants to set up a new account? She has a separate bank account, e-mail address, cell phone number, etc. and can get her own acct. up and running without any problem- the only thing is, we have the same home address. At what point can she set up an account without it raising the obvious warning bell? 30 days? 60 days? zero days? Never? Surely someone here has this same type of thing happen. I just want the rest of the family to be able to do stuff on eBay without having to do any kooky stuff like I'm going to have to do to get back in the game.
Thanks for all the info you guys share here, it is appreciated.

ebayaintstupid 05-05-2008 11:53 AM

When they suspended me...

for essentially no reason, and decided to keep it indefinite, they suspended my wife, my son, my brother, and my niece. All had, at one time, used my machine to log into their accounts.

EBAY said all accounts would remain indefinitely suspended after I faxed them my entire life story. And all linked accounts would as well.

I appealed that they should suspend me if necessary, although nothing I did was all that horrible, but they refused. Just repeated themselves.

So, if you want to set up new accounts or what have you, get the new IP address and try to distance yourself. Maybe get a box at a local UPS office as another address. Or make one up local to you.

Phone number is another issue. Make sure you don't use the same phone number or they will likely nail you.