Bad idea to use a friend's account on my network, post MC999? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-17-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Bad idea to use a friend's account on my network, post MC999?

Hello. I'm new to these forums, as you all can tell. My account was effectively banned after having been on ebay since January 99'. After a bout with low DSR's for shipping time, as well as one each of Negative and Neutral feedback over the course of a couple months or so, they sent me this message:

MC999 Alert: Listing(s) removed - seller performance below standard

The following listing(s) have been removed because of violations of our seller performance policy:

All fees associated with these listings have been credited to your account.

We will send you a separate email containing details of the action taken on your account.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

H60971

==========================================
Just for the record, after I received that message I called ebay, and after nearly 30 minutes on the phone, they basically told me that "indefinitely" actually means for all of eternity.

Now, my question is... Is it a bad idea for me to borrow/use an active ebay account belonging to a friend of mine, on my network, with my IP address? Are red flags going to pop up? Am I putting his account in jeopardy, by using it on my network?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Bad, silly and unwise idea.

One sure way to ruin the friendship.

Make your own stealth accounts.

And work on the reasons you lost the older account. You stated 3 areas of concern. That's 3 too many in the eyes of ebay

Why? Because you will repeat your errors.
Old 04-18-2012

Longevity: 79%

Firstly welcome to the forum.

GreenBean is 100% correct.

But what a shame it is you lost a January 99' account thats a very rare gem. :(

If only we knew then what we know we would of made tons on of accounts years back!

Yeah don't think even think about using a friends account on your network or any other network for that matter!

However on the bright side you can still come back to e/b on a stealth, so don't let this disheartened you put in the past and move on don't even think about friend/family accounts aswell - learn from your mistakes now, focus and start thinking logical from now on, theres many ways e/b can link you these days so start reading around - use the search button on the top right.

And if you are serious about coming back look into buying the stealth guide.
Old 04-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

I would also consider speak to eb via phone or live chat - explain that you have some longetivity and ask politely how you can come back to eb...revamp your model, etc - is the ban permanent? You may be reinstated after few months if you catch a good agent.

Otherwise - yes, stealth is key.
Old 04-18-2012
Threadstarter  

Making a "stealth" account seems like an awful long process to go through, just to sell a few things and put some money in my pocket. Besides, the friend's account that I would be selling on, or rather the person selling things on my behalf, lists the exact same type of items that I did. How could they possibly know that anything is awry? Why would they have any reason to suspect my friend of any foul play when everything he is selling is just business as usual?
Old 04-18-2012

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromantik View Post
Making a "stealth" account seems like an awful long process to go through, just to sell a few things and put some money in my pocket.
Welcome to the world of the underlings, the derelicts, and the unwanted.

Quote:
Besides, the friend's account that I would be selling on, or rather the person selling things on my behalf, lists the exact same type of items that I did. How could they possibly know that anything is awry? Why would they have any reason to suspect my friend of any foul play when everything he is selling is just business as usual?
Yes, they will have reason to believe that you are doing something wrong because there is an 80% chance that YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG because you either haven't read or haven't fully understood what you're doing yet.

Please, and I'm speaking from experience here, PLEASE listen to me when I say this.

Do things on your own first. Make sure you have your stealth system down pat before doing anything that involves your loved ones or your friends. I completely understand and I know how you're feeling right now. You're thinking, "Pfft it's the internet, what do I need to worry about?" but really, eB and PP are some of the most sophisticated websites in the world when it comes to tracking user data. You need to know thy enemy before running into a hail of bullets.

From experience,
Goozle.
Old 04-19-2012
Threadstarter  

I'm sure that after 10,000+ posts on these forums you are doing something right. But, the only "advice" that any newcomer appears to recieve is something like "Buy this book. Go stealth. **** everything you think you know, and buy my book." and that's it.

I mean, how is selling on my friend's account such a horrendous idea? It wouldn't be the first time that I've done something like this. And besides, as previously mentioned, this person sells literally the EXACT SAME THINGS that I did.

Also, telling me "make sure you have your stealth system down pat before doing anything..." is not very sound advice, currently. I need money sooner rather than later. I don't have the time to **** around with some lengthy process creating a "stealth" account, that may or may not actually work.

Lastly, how is the account I lost a "very rare gem"? Sure, it was 13 years old, but how is it different from any other account that any person on Earth has on ebay?
Old 04-19-2012

Quote:
I'm sure that after 10,000+ posts on these forums you are doing something right. But, the only "advice" that any newcomer appears to recieve is something like "Buy this book. Go stealth. **** everything you think you know, and buy my book." and that's it.

I mean, how is selling on my friend's account such a horrendous idea? It wouldn't be the first time that I've done something like this. And besides, as previously mentioned, this person sells literally the EXACT SAME THINGS that I did.

Also, telling me "make sure you have your stealth system down pat before doing anything..." is not very sound advice, currently. I need money sooner rather than later. I don't have the time to **** around with some lengthy process creating a "stealth" account, that may or may not actually work.

Lastly, how is the account I lost a "very rare gem"? Sure, it was 13 years old, but how is it different from any other account that any person on Earth has on ebay?
Of course it's a gem look how old it was - in eBays eyes it was most prob a very trusted and well established account, in comparison to a new account which are watched like hawks from e/b.

You know what though people are trying to help you here but it seems your attitude stinks.... no one is paid to do this *its free information* i'm not sure what you expected.... show some appreciation at least.

The stealth guide is the foundation to coming back and prob the best investment you will ever make - heck no one is trying to sell it to you, people are trying to help you - you can do it your own way if you want using your friends account - but like GB mentioned an easy way to ruin a friendship.

Ask yourself though why run the risk of ruining a friends account?

As you mentioned you "I don't have the time to **** around with some lengthy process creating a "stealth" account, that may or may not actually work."

Then i really don't think your in the right forum at all unfortunately....

Patience is a virtue.

Last edited by Thankful; 04-19-2012 at 05:12 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thankful For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-20-2012), rsot (04-20-2012)
Old 04-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Nicely stated Thankful - you have to put in the time +/- money to operate well.
Old 04-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Trying to understand why the OP has thrown rubbish at several posters who all offered help and generalized with mostly everything he stated.

Luckily I worked it out.

It's a little tantrum because he did not get told what he wanted to be told.

Good Luck with whatever you try.

Improve the attitude quickly.

Old 04-20-2012

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Making a "stealth" account seems like an awful long process to go through

half an hour and thats only if you have a coffee break halfway through

Old 04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thankful View Post
Of course it's a gem look how old it was - in eBays eyes it was most prob a very trusted and well established account, in comparison to a new account which are watched like hawks from e/b.

You know what though people are trying to help you here but it seems your attitude stinks.... no one is paid to do this *its free information* i'm not sure what you expected.... show some appreciation at least.

The stealth guide is the foundation to coming back and prob the best investment you will ever make - heck no one is trying to sell it to you, people are trying to help you - you can do it your own way if you want using your friends account - but like GB mentioned an easy way to ruin a friendship.

Ask yourself though why run the risk of ruining a friends account?

As you mentioned you "I don't have the time to **** around with some lengthy process creating a "stealth" account, that may or may not actually work."

Then i really don't think your in the right forum at all unfortunately....

Patience is a virtue.

oh yes indeed, couldnt agree more
Old 04-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Well OP seems to like things handed on a platter and this quote:

I need money sooner rather than later. I don't have the time to **** around with some lengthy process creating a "stealth" account, that may or may not actually work.

Shows a lot about the attitude.
Old 04-20-2012

clearly properly created stealth accounts DO work

you just need to search the forums, be humble, friendly and you will recieve all the help you can handle
Old 04-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:

I will get to the point with this person. I'm sure this post will get deleted.

What I can't stand is lazy pushy people who ask to get all the info without doing some simple searching.

If you want to use your friend's account that also sells the "EXACT SAME THINGS that I did", then go ahead and use it on your network and same IP address.

If you, "I need money sooner rather than later". I would suggest getting a real job that pays every week. That way you can have a steady form of income coming in.

If you want a daily form of income, I would suggest making a "homeless sign, I will work for food" and plant yourself at the local highway off ramp. That way you can get your daily form of income so that you can get your money "sooner rather than later". I have heard of people raking in pretty good daily averages at any highway off ramp.

It only takes a new person about 45 minutes to open a new ebay/paypal account. Some people make it in under 25-30 minutes. Jbluntz makes it in 5 min. but he is not human so he does not count.

If you need anymore help, I would suggest another forum.

thank you

P.S. Dont try any highway off ramps in Las Vegas cuz their is tons of out of work people here. You will not like your daily income average.
Old 04-20-2012

I already ranted at him i think he got the point and stopped using the forum lol.
Old 04-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Well good that he stopped using it.
Old 04-28-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Output = Input

Effort = Success

Dont want to waste time doing either then give it up.

Many of us have spent 15-16 hour days learning and working how to operate and someone wants to have us just hand them everything in a moments notice.

Going back to one of the vets when I came here said.

If you want to know this then read until your eyes bleed.

Damn it was frank but it did wake me up that you wont get something for nothing.