My ebay saga (for the past 14 years) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-03-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default My ebay saga (for the past 14 years)

yes I was on ebay selling stuff for 14 years. This is my part time job and an important income. My first ebay account lasted 3 years. It was in the early 2000s when I got scammed by some foreign scammers. I then fight back with some seller accounts I had and when the fight escalated ebay suspended my first account.

My 2nd ebay account lasted pretty long, from 2001 all the way to 2007. It was eventually suspended for selling counterfeit items(which I didn't know they were counterfeit, bought them in a big lot at a liquidation sale).

The 3rd ebay account lasted till last year. Somehow they linked it to my last ebay account in 2007 and suspended it in late 2011.

Tried to open the 4th ebay account this january. With all new info, new IP, new computer(to make sure there's no cookies or any old stuff they can link), new address, new phone(a prepaid cell phone), new bank info, new email. Basically everything new, even a new name which I made up. Nowadays ebay only allow new seller account to sell up to 10 items per month for the first 3 month. Fine. I can start slow. 2 months past I got 100% feedback(although only 12 feedback). Then, suddenly ebay suspended this account as well, asking for verification(photo ID, address verification). Of course there's no way I can supply those. So that account's in trash now.

I have no problem openning up another ebay account with all new info like last time. But what if ebay asks for verification again? Does ebay do this often? Or might I have done something wrong? Is there anyway to bypass this verification?

I appreciate any help! I'm currently selling on amazon but didn't do nearly as well as I used to do on ebay. My products just sell better in an auction format.

Thank you all.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,921 Times in 8,213 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you read around.

If you operate well, you could avoid eb verification steps - this comes with experience.
Old 07-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Stick to content of this forum only ,Thanks.

Not up for discussion.
Old 07-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

why is it suspicious? this guy has posted wherever he can because a catastophe has happened in his life and he is panicked. Maybe I am in a bad mood today but I have not seen an answer here that has helped him.

There is NOTHING in your post that cannot be overcome, most regular people on this forum are running stealth. You could try doing a forum search on EIN for your next account.

yes it happens all the time to people. You have made a mistake regarding your goods, same thing has happened to me, I have a good eye, but I buy lots/pallets and you can miss items unwittingly.
MtnDew (07-09-2012)
Old 07-09-2012

Longevity: 83%

OOmpa that was probably one of the best posts ive read here in a long time. You remind me of the old wise Yoda. Well said. More people need to realize its a big market and different people go about business differently. Simple concept but not many grasp it easily.

Bulkwarrior my advice would be to read up and buy the book. There is no quick way to be up and selling thousands a week overnight. But, with a little studying and a little help from the forum you can be on your path back to having success again.

you will find you need to be ready for the worst you can lose them at any time. Be prepared and if it fails you sigh and start again. But, if you think ahead you have another ready to go GOOD LUCK
Think I'll buy me a football team
Old 07-10-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 68%
Default Thanx to oompaloomba and mountaindew

Calm down people, I'm not an employee of the evil-bay empire who come here to destroy the resistance. I'm just a frustrated long time seller who has been selling part time. I've not sold one single VERO item but ebay still suspended me due to a string of complaints. Now I sell on Amazon but the sales aren't anywhere close to my ebay figures used to be. My niche products simply do a lot better on ebay. Now I think I'll buy a copy of the book first, and then try it myself(to sneak back). If unsuccessful I'll then post here for help. Thanks.