eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Indefinite Suspension - Appeal denied - Silver powerseller. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/49744-indefinite-suspension-appeal-denied-silver-powerseller.html)

tryingtofigurethisout 08-15-2012 02:57 PM

Indefinite Suspension - Appeal denied - Silver powerseller.

Hi all,

I do plan on purchasing the book soon and I'm sure that's the statement I'll get with most of my questions...

I was restricted about 3 weeks ago and sent an appeal and was then told the restriction was indefinite. i contacted the office of the president and was told to fax documentation directly to them - invoices of everything I had purchased for an entire year. I spent over $100 on the faxes (faxing over 70 pages worth of invoices) that were all completely legit. I was a silver seller with a $65,000 per month limit and over 1000+ positive feedback. 99.8% rating - only two negatives.

What the hell happened here?

I opened another account using the same address but a different name; different IP; different phone number; different e-mail.... that got closed too. did I do something wrong?

Basically, what I want to ask, is if I purchase this book, will I be able to open an account that doesn't have a 10 item, $500 per month limit?

This was me and my husband's job, literally. This is how we supported ourselves and our two children.

Someone please help. We're trying to find jobs now and of course, there's nothing available. :(

GreenBean 08-16-2012 06:40 AM

Welcome to the forum :)
Regardless of your buying the book, or making your own account, you will have to learn the ebay rules & game.

Are you sure only 2 negatives is not stretching the story.

?Neutrals, low dsrs, paypal chargebacks anything like that?

Might sound tough, but you have to adjust your ebay expectations. ebay gave you status and remove it just as quickly.

Usual for most new accounts to have limits

:juggle:

they_screwed_me_too 08-16-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryingtofigurethisout (Post 368248)
Hi all,

I opened another account using the same address but a different name

this is the reason the second account got suspended

strange for 2 negs though.............anything else ?

buy the stealth book quickly and read

cortex 08-16-2012 07:24 AM

I had one of my best accounts suspended yesterday.
500+ feedback 98.9%
dsrs were 4.8/4.9/4.9/5.0
Unlimited selling/no limit on receiving money

Reason I got suspended because I had 11 cases of item not as described. This was because I was selling cheap junk. I begged and pleaded and even though the eBay assistant really did want to help me, she couldn't. Even if your feedback and dsr are near-perfect they will still find a reason to ban you. They don't care about you. eBay knows they have no other competitors so they can monopolise the auction market. Furthermore, eBay knows full well that when 1 user gets banned, there's another 10 people waiting in line to take your spot.

Lesson is never ever ever ever rely on eBay/amazon 100%.
Infact don't rely on anyone except for yourself.
This forum and the boom will help you but it will be a steep learning curve which will take months to master. Despite the pitfalls, this is the only option you have to get back on eBay.

tryingtofigurethisout 08-16-2012 02:24 PM

I'm serious - 2 negatives. here's my feedback profile:

I got all my DVDs from an electronics store and provided ALL receipts and invoices. The ONLY thing they could tell me was that in MAY, I had sold beachbody's p90x and I learned then that they were Vero members and my listing was removed. This was in MAY. So now they are telling me three months later that THIS is why my account was closed? It's unbelievable.

Here's something I REALLY need to figure out, so I hope you guys can help. I'm praying they don't charge my $2,000 in fees as they are do today/tomorrow. Here's what I've done so far:

-unlinked the paypal account.
-changed the email address on file to one that is not linked to paypal.
-canceled my debit card so that they wont be able to charge it.

Is there ANY possible way that they will still be able to charge me for the fees if I've done the three things above? I'm hoping they can't. I have not closed my bank account and would really rather not do that. Furthermore, I don't think it's even listed on my ebay account, just on my paypal.

Thanks for all of your help guys. This forum is amazing :)

GreenBean 08-16-2012 07:48 PM

I deleted your personal info

You omitted the neutrals plus the account is less than a year old. Sad to say that reduces its credibility too.

It's the duty of a SELLER to make sure the item is OK to sell before listing it. Yes, ebay will look at something retrospectively & punish them.

Your actions with the fees is OK. But I would contact your bank & make sure they deny paypal access to your funds. Do expect them to try to suck them out of your account :mad2:

makaveliagain 08-17-2012 04:13 AM

11 cases with only 500 feedback? No wonder, nowadays I am surprised you didn't get suspended after 3 or 4 not as described cases. I know people who only sell Vero items and they don't get more than one or two a year. But then again they don't self describe what they sell as crap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cortex (Post 368373)
I had one of my best accounts suspended yesterday.
500+ feedback 98.9%
dsrs were 4.8/4.9/4.9/5.0
Unlimited selling/no limit on receiving money

Reason I got suspended because I had 11 cases of item not as described. This was because I was selling cheap junk. I begged and pleaded and even though the eBay assistant really did want to help me, she couldn't. Even if your feedback and dsr are near-perfect they will still find a reason to ban you. They don't care about you. eBay knows they have no other competitors so they can monopolise the auction market. Furthermore, eBay knows full well that when 1 user gets banned, there's another 10 people waiting in line to take your spot.

Lesson is never ever ever ever rely on eBay/amazon 100%.
Infact don't rely on anyone except for yourself.
This forum and the boom will help you but it will be a steep learning curve which will take months to master. Despite the pitfalls, this is the only option you have to get back on eBay.

rsot 08-17-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

I spent over $100 on the faxes (faxing over 70 pages worth of invoices) that were all completely legit.
Seriously?

tryingtofigurethisout 08-17-2012 06:06 PM

Yeah...*sigh*. The restriction happened then I emailed oftp at ebay and they called two days later. "Philip" told me "yeahh we can more than likely get this unrestricted - 99% chance. No worries. Just fax over those invoices and I'll have a look at them today." Yeah. THANKS, PHILIP. :'(

jeffweico 08-17-2012 07:28 PM

Beachbody and P90X are VERY HIGH RISK items, as they are heavily counterfeited.

Johnson & Pham represent the owners of BeachBody and P90X.

My guess is that a certified letter from them will follow, demanding a settlement from you, OR ELSE. The OR ELSE is that they will file a lawsuit against you in federal court for selling countrerfeits of their client's products.

You might want to find out from the electronics store exactly WHO their supplier is. My guess is that they are NOT a licensed dealer and were buying these for $30 from China. If that is the case, losing your eBay account will be the least of your worries.

Sorry to sound harsh, I don't mean to and I really DO wish you the best of luck, but I think you need to know the facts in this case. Many people have been sued by J&P who had no idea they were selling phakes until their listings were removed and J&P contacted them.

tryingtofigurethisout 08-17-2012 08:17 PM

Understandable.

Sooo here's the thing - can I still use my REAL name when registering a new ebay and amazon account? What do I do when the system asks for my social security number for tax purposes? If I put in my social, the account will be blocked. Any ideas? :ranger:

tryingtofigurethisout 08-17-2012 08:19 PM

and also, thanks for all of the friendly advice everyone. it's much appreciated.

GreenBean 08-17-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryingtofigurethisout (Post 368762)
Understandable.

Sooo here's the thing - can I still use my REAL name when registering a new ebay and amazon account? What do I do when the system asks for my social security number for tax purposes? If I put in my social, the account will be blocked. Any ideas? :ranger:

You must read more of the forum.

Old names and info associated with suspended accounts can not be used again.

amazon is a different issue entirely & should be kept apart from ebay questions.
:juggle:

jeffweico 08-17-2012 08:28 PM

No, you don't want to use your real name. EVERYTHING should be different. Name, address, phone, IP, MAC-ID's, PC (or at least a different user account). Also, different listing titles, pictures, wording, etc.

As far as the SSN issue goes, read around the forum, you can search for SSN or EIN. There are a few ways around this to fool eBay/PayPal. But the IRS will NOT be fooled. You WILL have to pay taxes on your profits.