eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Ebay suspension and no explanation (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/49848-ebay-suspension-no-explanation.html)

sylvester 08-18-2012 04:50 PM

Ebay suspension and no explanation

Hello Everyone,

Here is my situation....

Last year I had a very large store with over 2,000 products for sale. On the first month, I sold over $3,000 worth of items. Shortly after I received an email saying my acct has been restricted and I need to send the invoices where I purchased my items from along with my drivers license.
For a couple months I called several times and tried to figure out why my account has been closed, and no one could explain anything. I faxed all the paper work over, and they did not do anything. Few months later when I tried to follow up, they still did not do anything, just last week I faxed more paper work in, and they send me the following answer.

Quote:

We received your fax for your eBay account and appreciate you taking the time to fax us. However your account will remain restricted.

We’re committed to reducing both fraud and negative buying experiences on eBay. To maintain a safe marketplace, we sometimes restrict selling activity, end active items, or suspend accounts. I have reviewed your account and show that it is restricted indefinitely because of the risk this poses to our community.

Our decision is based on evidence from our records as well as any additional information you've provided. We are unable to provide you further explanation beyond what has already been provided in our previous emails. If you no longer have a copy of these emails, or did not receive them, we recommend that you check the message center in your “My eBay” pages.

Please keep in mind; members who are restricted are prohibited from registering new accounts with eBay, or selling on eBay using any existing accounts. Although future emails from you will be read, we may be unable to respond to any further requests to reinstate your selling privileges. At this point your account will remain restricted indefinitely with no plans for reinstatement.

Thanks,

Any ideas on this? Thanks!

Ayusaga 08-21-2012 11:50 PM

Yeah, that account is gone, you have to go make another one, if you don't have alternative accounts made already. Once they suspend an account like that, they like to stick with their decision.

AmazonStealth 08-22-2012 12:50 AM

There is always a reason....

rsot 08-22-2012 08:45 AM

Welcome to the forums. All the best as you read up on stealth principles and get back in the game. Those are the thoughts to go by. All the best.

GrannyT 08-22-2012 09:02 AM

There is something you are not telling us. I'm guessing it's what you were selling. Either way that account is toast

BigCJ 08-22-2012 10:08 AM

On the first month, I sold over $3,000 worth of items.

^^^ Probably that.

tryingtofigurethisout 08-22-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjmixers (Post 369910)
On the first month, I sold over $3,000 worth of items.

^^^ Probably that.

Really? I did this and was fine. A year later my sales limits were $65k a month and I was reaching the limits. The account was closed for absolutely no reason. :(

slim jim 08-22-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryingtofigurethisout (Post 369952)
Really? I did this and was fine. A year later my sales limits were $65k a month and I was reaching the limits. The account was closed for absolutely no reason. :(

with that system paypal sees you as a fraud risk

GreenBean 08-22-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryingtofigurethisout (Post 369952)

Please...... you are trying to convince yourself there was no reason.

There was a REASON.

You had two negatives, neutrals and sold items that turned out to be vErO.

You might not like the reason but ebay likely decided to terminate your account looking at all that alone. Your account had not quite made 12 months of selling. ebay could be petty in regard to that as well.

You MUST understand this or you will go on deluding yourself.

ebay has reasons to suspend accounts that the account holder may not understand, see AND certainly believe.

That is a fact.
:smash:

rsot 08-23-2012 04:13 AM

He sold VeRo items? Don`t see that in his post - possible but not stated.

tryingtofigurethisout 08-23-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 370159)
Please...... you are trying to convince yourself there was no reason.

There was a REASON.

You had two negatives, neutrals and sold items that turned out to be vErO.

You might not like the reason but ebay likely decided to terminate your account looking at all that alone. Your account had not quite made 12 months of selling. ebay could be petty in regard to that as well.

You MUST understand this or you will go on deluding yourself.

ebay has reasons to suspend accounts that the account holder may not understand, see AND certainly believe.

That is a fact.
:smash:

Okay. Let's rehash this.

EBay works on a 3 strike system from what they told me (literally that's what I was told by OOTP). I had ONE strike. And that strike was indefinite suspension. Let's get in further:

I had 900+ positive feedback
2 Negatives
6 Nuetrals

The 2 Negatives
1) 1 Negative was from someone who was selling my card game (literally, that I invented). I was ALSO a VERO member on eBay because of this card game. I told this seller to remove the listing. He did. THEN, he proceeded to purchase the game from me. I did not want to sell it to him so I refunded the buyer. he left me a negative out of spite.
2) One disc was scratched on a DVD and the DVD did not play.

Those are the only negatives.

The other neutrals were retarded and mostly things like "this movie was OK" or "pretty good" etc.

Further -

The VERO items that I had listed (for 6 hours) were removed in May and I was told not to relist them. I did not relist them and this was the only time I sold them.

Three months later, my account was restricted and closed.

I still hold true to my belief that this was extremely harsh.

EDIT: Sorry guys, not trying to hijack this thread.

diamonda 08-27-2012 10:40 AM

tryingtofigurethisout: so under what code / violation were you indefinitely suspended?

newjerseymax 08-27-2012 01:06 PM

"Our decision is based on evidence from our records as well as any additional information you've provided."

Sounds like something you sold was not from acceptable supplier...

tryingtofigurethisout 08-28-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonda (Post 371268)
tryingtofigurethisout: so under what code / violation were you indefinitely suspended?

I dont recall, but I remember it had a bunch of 9's (I know that's not very helpful). MC0999 or something like that.

it's okay. I'm stealth now :heh:

diamonda 08-28-2012 12:10 PM

^^ good for you, was just concerned by your "one strike and out" as it's odd- usually you'd get a series of warnings / strikes before the boot but I guess it doesn't matter for you now anyway ;)

tryingtofigurethisout 08-28-2012 11:30 PM

that's what I've read - 7 day, 30 day, indefinite. but I wasn't fortunate enough for a 7 day restriction. still not sure why it happened the way it did, but whatever. only depressing thing is that I now have such low account limits when before I had $65k a month :( sigh.