eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Quick question about suspensions! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/50495-quick-question-about-suspensions.html)

Fizzy_Vimto 09-05-2012 05:49 PM

Quick question about suspensions!

I've had quite a lot of unfortunate runnings with eBay in the past such as people reversing payments and not paying eBay fee's for these items etc etc.

All in all I'd say I have about 4 accounts with between 20 and 200 feedback, with majority being 100%

At the minute again Im trading fine, fully verified Paypal 100% Feedback.

To sum up my story basically what's happened is at my old address where my parents live my Step-Dad has had his eBay suspended because that address is linked to one of my old accounts, he has said he has nothing to do with any other eBay account and doesn't know who it is and they want a utility Bill and passport to to prove it's genuinely him at the address and they will re-instate it.

The internet has been updated since I was last ever logged into a banned account there and provider has changed, also the account wasn't banned for I.P match anyway BUT... I logged on there the other week to check sales as I was passing through, all is fine and it's been about a month or more. It's becoming quite proftitable for me at the minute so im just worried that possibly when my step-dads account gets re-instated that they might see the I.P connection and investigate my account.

Would this be possible and what would be the outcome if for example you used a holiday home that was rented, friends, parents etc for your eBay account but a banned user had been on that shared internet before?

Sorry if my questions is a bit long winded and convoluted but I would like some answers to put my mind at rest!

Regards. =}

SUVE 09-08-2012 06:29 AM

One of your EB/PP A/C was suspended/banned & your step dad's EB/PP A/C also got suspended due to the cross linking to one of your suspended EB/PP A/C ??? He is a victim here.

You in your wisdom decided to log back into this suspended EB/PP A/C of yours from your step dad's address/internet connection despite being aware of the troubles they have experienced so far due to your suspended/banned EB/PP A/C.

You are now wondering whether EB/PP might have seen or see this suspended/banned EB/PP A/C you logged in from on his ip address & link the two EB/PP A/C ???

I'd say there is an extremely high chance you've created LINKAGE here to your banned/suspended EB/PP A/C to your step dad's EB/PP A/C.

rsot 09-08-2012 08:24 AM

/quote

I've had quite a lot of unfortunate runnings with eBay in the past such as people reversing payments and not paying eBay fee's for these items etc etc.

Sounds like you are bringing yourself in trouble with eb...why are folx reversing payments? Product issues?

GreenBean 09-08-2012 08:48 AM

The IP is ruined.

ebay will punish them by default association with banned users.

Stop kidding yourself the IP is not reason alone for banning.

It's a weak link.:deadhorse:

makaveliagain 09-09-2012 02:13 AM

Yea, it takes years before an IP link like that will go away.

Fizzy_Vimto 09-10-2012 04:23 PM

Not quite sure I explained it correctly. SUVE you have got the wrong end of the stick by a long way. I didn't log back into any suspended accounts

Obviously I know that I.P can be linked and if I had logged on there, it would cause problems.

My Step-Dads account was limited about a year or so ago. Since then the Internet provider has changed and he has not logged on since. However I have logged on there with my current eBay account, there is no link whatsoever as it's a fresh I.P, (the links were made between address)

What I was really wondering is once he does get it re-instated as they have said will be done when he proves someone was using that ADDRESS wrongfully (NOT I.P AS IT'S CHANGED) They will see the new I.P address and know that he had a limited account and then automatically look into accounts that used the new I.P he is using.

Oh and as for people reversing payments, it was more of a vicious cycle. Someone claimed back money for an I-Pad which had been delivered a couple of weeks earlier and due to losing tracking information in a house move.. my account went into arrears and then obviously I did not pay my eBay fee's for money I had not received and had been frozen, so from then on if my accounts were linked they were limited, all with positive feedback

Fizzy_Vimto 09-10-2012 04:27 PM

Oh and just as an after-thought surely I.P is an awful way to determine limiting someones account.

If you have an established business but go for a weekend away or to a friends/families party and you connect your I-Pad to the wireless to conduct some business for 15 minutes or so, you automatically become blacklisted and banned. Very black and white

MM78 09-10-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzy_Vimto (Post 373902)
To sum up my story basically what's happened is at my old address where my parents live my Step-Dad has had his eBay suspended because that address is linked to one of my old accounts, he has said he has nothing to do with any other eBay account and doesn't know who it is and they want a utility Bill and passport to to prove it's genuinely him at the address and they will re-instate it.

OK, let's break this down... Your Step-Dad's Ebay account got linked to one of your OLD accounts. So I take it your OLD account was banned?, and when your Step-Dad opened his..it got automatically linked.
Question 1: Was your OLD account info (Address, IP) the same as the address your Step-Dad used?
Question 2: Was your OLD account actually banned permanently?

Quote:

The internet has been updated since I was last ever logged into a banned account there and provider has changed, also the account wasn't banned for I.P match anyway BUT... I logged on there the other week to check sales as I was passing through, all is fine and it's been about a month or more. It's becoming quite proftitable for me at the minute so im just worried that possibly when my step-dads account gets re-instated that they might see the I.P connection and investigate my account.
IF your Parent's got new Internet provider and new IP, WHY would you log into your Account knowing it COULD cause a problem? Not that it will but MIGHT?

Quote:

Would this be possible and what would be the outcome if for example you used a holiday home that was rented, friends, parents etc for your eBay account but a banned user had been on that shared internet before?

Sorry if my questions is a bit long winded and convoluted but I would like some answers to put my mind at rest!

Regards. =}
If you desperately need to check your Account(s) get a Prepaid Dongle which will provide you with a large amount of IP's for your needs.

Fizzy_Vimto 09-11-2012 03:19 PM

Why does everyone seem to condescend when they are replying to me? I've been running a successful business for a a couple of years now but using my own website and offline sales, it's just eBay can be lucrative so going back to explore that market for last season and end of line stock.

Also when I say step-dad I mean i'm in my mid 20's and a university graduate i'm not a 13 year old kid living at home and going to school. Perhaps I should of cleared that up before people started putting key words in CAPS.

To answer your points though My step dad's account is actually over 7 years old with over 500 feedback and wasn't until about 6 months ago that they must of made a connection to address as I had previously used on another account.

My account was banned way before my stepdads and I think it was banned for not paying fee's. It was never for violations.

Also I didn't know it would cause a problem as it was a fresh I.P basically like moving to a new house, it was only when my step-dad told me after I had been using the new net that his account had been banned, it's not so much they will make a connection now but that when it gets re-instated

dancnbaby 09-11-2012 05:48 PM

I have a friend that worked at Ebay.. he told me that if you ever log onto your account and anytime from any computer and your account gets suspended, it will suspend any person that then uses that connection... (I am guessing he is meaning iP addresses here) BUT that is just like going to the library and using one of their computers- if someone who used that connection ever got banned and you logged in, you will too.

I am not saying that is what happened, I am only stating what he told me (and I am sure everyone here knows that already anyway).

SUVE 09-11-2012 08:22 PM

I am sorry if you feel folks are coming across as condescending to you.

Your articulation is badly worded in respect of your query (as you yourself acknowledged earlier on) & this hinders a concise response being provided.

rsot 09-12-2012 06:00 AM

/quote

I've been running a successful business for a a couple of years now but using my own website and offline sales

So that`s good - focus on what works.

Fizzy_Vimto 09-13-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 375834)
/quote

I've been running a successful business for a a couple of years now but using my own website and offline sales

So that`s good - focus on what works.

and i'll continue to do so but obviously eBay unlocks another aspect and allows people who wouldn't normally trade with me to do so and then obviously lure them away from the fee's and hassle :juggle:

Cheers for your responses though guys!