eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Iphone usage, credit cards... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/50750-iphone-usage-credit-cards.html)

afarmington 09-12-2012 08:29 PM

Iphone usage, credit cards...

I just bought the stealth guide tonight, and read beginning to end. LOTS of great tips and I can see where I have messed up in a few area's that I will know better for next time.

Couple questions before I start my new account. I have an iphone, is it safe to check my auctions while out and about on that or do they have a way of tracking it? Also, I tried to get a prepaid credit card. However, when I called, they wanted my SS and real name. Said it is now a law that they get that info, so I'm assuming all prepaid cards are the same.

If that is the case, how would I attach a CC to my paypal account to pay fees or purchase auction items? My bank account has a CC, but of course has my real name.

One more question...I sell on a smaller scale compared to a lot of sellers. Mostly vintage items I buy at auctions or garage sales. Recently I purchased a couple very old items that sold from 350 to 660 on completed's. So those will hopefully fetch similar prices. Although most items will be less than 100.00 Because of what and how I sell, are the chances of ebay scrutinizing less than lets say a purse or ipod seller?

Sorry about all the questions, I didn't want to start a million threads :)

MM78 09-12-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afarmington (Post 376021)
I have an iphone, is it safe to check my auctions while out and about on that or do they have a way of tracking it?

If you use the Iphone Ebay App, Yes. I suggest the following:
1. Get a browser called "Atomic Web Browser", really solid app and all the features for stealth.
2. Make sure to change IP's before logging into each separate stealth account.

Quote:

Also, I tried to get a prepaid credit card. However, when I called, they wanted my SS and real name. Said it is now a law that they get that info, so I'm assuming all prepaid cards are the same. If that is the case, how would I attach a CC to my paypal account to pay fees or purchase auction items?
I highly suggest you purchase a VCC (Virtual Credit Card) from any of the Verified Sellers on the board.

Quote:

One more question...I sell on a smaller scale compared to a lot of sellers. Mostly vintage items I buy at auctions or garage sales. Recently I purchased a couple very old items that sold from 350 to 660 on completed's. So those will hopefully fetch similar prices. Although most items will be less than 100.00 Because of what and how I sell, are the chances of ebay scrutinizing less than lets say a purse or ipod seller? :)
This is a bit harder for me to answer but I will give you my opinion. There are others that might be more versed in the vintage area.

If your account is well established with solid Feedback, might be safe.
If your account is new with little feedback, No dice, Ebay will think your a scammer or just not trust worthy yet.

I would also say, start slow with non-high value items and worth your way up slowly and be sure to get as much positive feedback as possible.

igotsuspended 09-12-2012 09:49 PM

iPhone is also good if you haven't yet used it for your previous account. Otherwise, you should restore it or do something else to clear all previous saved cookies.
iPhone is only good for only ONE account and if you have 2 or more, and using different IP for them, I would suggest not to use iPhone.
The reason is, if you are at home and iPhone connects to your home Wifi (if it's available). Once you switch IP on your router to use other AC, your iPhone has another AC. The result, 2 AC share single IP. It will be linked.

About prepaid card (if you are in states), I just picked up Walmart Money Card. Paid $23 for $20 balance.
Added to PP and confirmed to lift withdrawal limit: WORKED.
Walmart Money Card also requires SSN and DOB for verification.
You should ask your friend or family member permission to use theirs.
However, address doesn't need to match. I used ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address (for PP and EB) to activate this card.
Hope this helps a little bit.

MM78 09-12-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotsuspended (Post 376034)
iPhone is also good if you haven't yet used it for your previous account. Otherwise, you should restore it or do something else to clear all previous saved cookies.
iPhone is only good for only ONE account and if you have 2 or more, and using different IP for them, I would suggest not to use iPhone.
The reason is, if you are at home and iPhone connects to your home Wifi (if it's available). Once you switch IP on your router to use other AC, your iPhone has another AC. The result, 2 AC share single IP. It will be linked.

Sorry, Don't agree with most of this. I use my Iphone with all my stealth accounts. As I told the OP, he might want to use the browser I suggested which works perfect. Just needs to make sure he/she clears cookies, changes IP's and change "Browser Name".

I do agree with the Wifi connection, should make sure to turn off wifi when at home IF the OP plans to connect to his stealth with his home Internet.

afarmington 09-12-2012 10:13 PM

I am a 'she', last time I checked :) I will look into the atomic app and the vcc, thank you both.
Has anyone used their real name on a stealth account and been successful, long term? That being the only real thing, meaning addy, pp account and everything else is changed?

Since there are other people sharing the same name in this world, it's plausible. Or would that automatically put me on their watch list?

yotano211 09-13-2012 01:18 AM

There is lots of gift cards that dont require any kind of ID and they dont charge any buying fees of any kind, and yes they still do to verify paypal. Min. amount to buy them starts at $15 for most of them.

**hint, look into the large banks for them.

GreenBean 09-13-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotsuspended (Post 376034)
About prepaid card (if you are in states), I just picked up Walmart Money Card. Paid $23 for $20 balance.
Added to PP and confirmed to lift withdrawal limit: WORKED.
Walmart Money Card also requires SSN and DOB for verification.
You should ask your friend or family member permission to use theirs.
However, address doesn't need to match. I used ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address (for PP and EB) to activate this card.
Hope this helps a little bit.

No longer recommended to use other people's info even with their permission. Too high a chance of problems. No sane person should consent to letting another person use their SSN. (Spare me the stories too).

If the OP is careful with picking their address, there should be no need to use a phake address. Again not a good move

GreenBean 09-13-2012 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afarmington (Post 376038)
I am a 'she', last time I checked :) I will look into the atomic app and the vcc, thank you both.
Has anyone used their real name on a stealth account and been successful, long term? That being the only real thing, meaning addy, pp account and everything else is changed?

Since there are other people sharing the same name in this world, it's plausible. Or would that automatically put me on their watch list?

Not for long term stealth.

Idea of going stealth is to be a new you.....nothing to link you to the old, suspended info.

I might suggest B4 you make a new account & add everything to ebay/paypal, you post the plan.

That way we can help you tweak it and get everything as correct as possible.

Welcome to the forum too :)

If you have our book, I also suggest you send an email to

support@auctionstealth.com

to get everything activated

afarmington 09-13-2012 09:06 AM

I would feel uncomfortable bringing another person into this, so no worries about borrowing another person's info.

Here is my plan, after reading the book :)

1) Go to PO, and rent a PO Box. I will have to use real name, since they need ID. My last name is often misspelled by leaving out the middle "e", so use my misspelled name on ebay and PP. Since it's a common variation and not noticeable, the few items I need to buy on ebay should be delivered just fine. When filling out addy section on ebay and PP, I will write the street address of the PO and #123, rather than PO box 123. Its a very small, country PO, so again, hopefully won't be an issue.

2) Open a new checking account.

3) Try and figure out the previously mentioned hint regarding prepaid credit cards that don't need a real name or ss attached.

4) Go to library, use their computer to sign up for new account, PP and ebay. Attach new info. Also, sign up for Auctivia there and link that to my new account. Browse some stuff, shipping supplies etc. And buy a shipping scale. I actually need one :)

5) Wait a couple days, go back to library, buy another item, and browse the selling help section.

6) After the account in a week or so old, list one item, using Auctivia. It should be safe at this point to just do my selling at home with whatever IP addy since I'm using Auctivia?

Does this plan of attack sound correct? Also, if I am not successful obtaining a prepaid CC, and just link my bank account, is that a big deal? Can I pay my fees with a pp balance, or should I use a card?