eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   All Ended Listings "Removed from eBay" After Non-Payment Suspension? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/51078-all-ended-listings-removed-ebay-after-non-payment-suspension.html)

hotmess 09-23-2012 12:29 AM

All Ended Listings "Removed from eBay" After Non-Payment Suspension?

When an account holder fails to pay eBay fees, after about a month, selling privileges are restricted, and after about 2 months, the account is suspended for non-payment.

I recently noticed that one account I had set up that I was abandoning due to its end-of-life status and a $1,500 eBay bill had *all* its hundreds of listings removed by eBay after or shortly after it was suspended for non-payment. The possibility exists that l@w enf0rcement may be involved in the account in some way as a result of the items I was selling. I am guessing that if l@w enf0rcement was involved, I would not get a message from eBay telling me anything about it. Just to be clear, the account has 500+, 100% positive feedback, and 5.0/5.0 DSR's in every category.

Therefore, I am trying to determine whether the ended listings were "removed from eBay" per a l@w enf0rcement investigation, or if it is common practice for eBay to remove listings for any "No Longer a Registered User" account?

Here is the boilerplate message I received regarding the suspension:

Quote:

We've reached out to you on numerous occasions regarding the unpaid seller fees that are due on your eBay account. To date, we have not received your payment.Your account is now suspended. This means all of your current listings have been removed and you can no longer list new items on eBay. In short, you can no longer sell (and earn money) on eBay.
Thanks for your feedback and your help!

hotmess 09-27-2012 01:52 PM

Can I get some help here? It seems like an easy issue:

Does eBay regularly remove* listings before 90 days that ended or sold normally after an account becomes NLRU** for a non-payment suspension?

*("This listing (Item No) has been removed, or this item is not available.")
**(No Longer a Registered User)

oge 09-27-2012 02:13 PM

What do you except them to do? Suspend you and leave your listings up? I'm not getting what kind of answer you are looking plus add the involvement of LE what do you want to do about it?

:spy:

BigCJ 09-27-2012 02:40 PM

Collections would get involved for fees. Not LE.

And,to sum up their message to you, they were hinting at that if you paid your fees, you account could have been restored (then probably suspended again right after)

oge 09-27-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjmixers (Post 379959)
Collections would get involved for fees. Not LE.

But he mentioned that LE was invovled because of what he was selling....

hotmess 09-27-2012 02:50 PM

Okay lets just take the issue of LE off the table.

Back to the original question:

Would a non-payment suspension cause listings ended less than 90 days ago to be removed from eBay?

oge 09-27-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotmess (Post 379965)

Would a non-payment suspension cause listings ended less than 90 days ago to be removed from eBay?

You are suspended and why wouldn't they remove all your listings and 90 days back. Just look at some random feedback look for NARU and then try to look for what they sold .......What did you come up with?

Let me know if you need some random examples?

BigCJ 09-28-2012 09:04 AM

ahh good point oge. my mistake. :nerd:

GreenBean 10-01-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotmess (Post 379965)

Yes.

ebay retroactively removes the listings.

Despite saying your account was 'great', if the items you should on that account were 'special', then you opened a BIG can of worms for yourself.

Thinking you were being clever by avoiding fees, you have not understood that ebay might go to all your former buyers and tell them your items were 'special' & should not have been purchased by them.

Human nature being what it is, buyers will claim their monies back. And your mess is now much bigger.
Re-examine the business plan that lead to this.