eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   New user: just a few q's! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/512-new-user-just-few-qs.html)

rifraf 05-31-2007 06:57 PM

New user: just a few q's!

Hi everbody. Firstly, superb forum. It really does help. I've just registered a new account using the step by step guide so wish me luck!

I've had a look through the forum but can't seem to find specific questions to my questions so i was just wondering if anyone could help.

1. I changed the primary email of my old paypal account. I just bought something using it. All ok so far but its only been a few mins!
Its ok to buy stuff using my old paypal account right?

2. I went to list an item for sale but I wasnt promted to give any bank details or my paypal info or anything. I got to putting in the item description, price etc then just left it.
Im thinking I can maybe list an item and then just pay my fees using aone off payment. Do you guys think this would work?

3. I registered with a slightly altered address. It was the same I just added a few dashes and dots. Simply because this is the address people will post to! I can understand people saying use a different address but what if you actually want to receive the stuff your'e buying?!

Would really appreciate any help on these 3 questions!
Once again, great forum! How does it accept donations btw?

Cheers. raf

rifraf 06-01-2007 05:15 AM

Well I've found an answer to the first one, kind of. I think it's ok to buy things using my old paypal account.

As for paying my selling fees....I dont know if its different being on ebay UK. But I think i'm allowed to list an item and then just pay my fees with a one off payment. But I think the amount of fees Im allowed to owe is very limited. Which for me is ok as I generally buy more than I sell.

And as for the address... Couldnt find anything regarding how I get stuff sent to me if im using a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address. All I found was that you can tell the seller the different address via paypal, but ALSO that paypal can latch on to this. So this question it seems is still unanswered.

If anyone could just clarify these 3 issues I think it'd help a lot of newbies out there, including myself!

ihatebay 06-01-2007 04:10 PM

You can use your old paypal account as long as the email address is different.

I believe you can use your "same" address with a few periods, dashes, whatnot but it's a risk if a T&S employee sees it. Yes I understand that it's troublesome to tell the seller to ship you the item to a different address but it all comes down to "is it worth it?"

I always use a completely different address when registering a new account b/c I primarily sell, not buy. If you have the "same" address the buyers can SEE it during checkout, and remember your banned user ID, and then report you...

Good Luck.

ihatebay 06-01-2007 04:10 PM

What the heck, when did I become an Ebay Professional? LOL!

CPUGEEK 06-02-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatebay (Post 3641)

You didn't..lol

aspkin 06-04-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatebay (Post 3641)

It's based on the number of post you have. It would seem, since you have posted so much, you must know alot about eBay, thus...