SIPI IN <-- this is the system that reports you to Ebay T&S - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-04-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default SIPI IN <-- this is the system that reports you to Ebay T&S

Check it out...Strategic Intellectual Property Information (SIPI)

This is what detects you, report you to Ebay, and gets you suspended.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-05-2007

good find.. maybe we can contact them and say we want to hire them to stalk out our trademarks and ask them how do they work?? maybe we can get some good information out of them of how they vero sellers..
Old 06-07-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

It should be pretty easy to bypass their security for ppl that keep on getting suspended. I think all you have to do when you create your auctions is just make your description a jpg with all the details in the picture as opposed to typing it out. I'd like to see SIPI stop your auctions then. I think they'll still catch you but it'll take longer I suspect.

Ahhhhhh. Do you do that?? What about the auction title?
Old 06-07-2007

I didnt understand any of the jonas
Old 06-07-2007
Executive [VIP]

No I've never done it, I just thought of it but it seems to make sense. As for auction title you shouldn't get suspended based on that unless it's something blantant.

what was saying is that your auction title will trip off their software, then which they will further look into your auction..
Old 06-07-2007
Threadstarter  

How come every post is edited by CPUGEEK? I don't get it.

Anyways yea I find that totally amazing... that their system just systematically find key words you use in your title and description.

Get this, I have a total of 6 accounts LOL and 3 got suspended while the other 3 were fine. BUT I had the SAME THING on auction for all 6. So I didn't get why 3 got suspended and the other 3 were fine! So, it had to be like a title/description thing... but I still don't the exact words that tips them off.
Old 06-07-2007

Sorry, i was pressing the edit button instead of the reply button :( I need to get some sleep...
Old 06-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebay View Post
How come every post is edited by CPUGEEK? I don't get it.

Anyways yea I find that totally amazing... that their system just systematically find key words you use in your title and description.

Get this, I have a total of 6 accounts LOL and 3 got suspended while the other 3 were fine. BUT I had the SAME THING on auction for all 6. So I didn't get why 3 got suspended and the other 3 were fine! So, it had to be like a title/description thing... but I still don't the exact words that tips them off.
Ihateebay,

hear me out on this in regards to what you said.. I dont get it either. Okay I had 10 auctions going on with 5 of the same items, but 1 get veroed and not the others. The others was the same description, same title , same pictures, and all. Now why didnt my other 4 items get removed???? I think some listings get removed from competitors and customers complaning...

Also how many accounts do you have running at once. I can barley manage 1 account and I know of some people that have 3 or more running at the same time
Old 06-07-2007

Ok, those problems occurs because ebay does random checking. That's why some are detected to the violations while some are not. Also the checking occurs on most, if not all, potential fradulent/counterfeit items (designer bag, high end watches, even SD cards!)

Also if you think your item passed the random check (assuming 1 got pulled, and 3 survived for the day), the others still might get pulled as ebay's system seems to be checking at random time and random listings.

And believe me when I say there are a list of potential infringement/violation items, and it abuses especially on new users. If a particular item(s) keep getting pulled while you're still new, wait until your account matures, or it'll continue to be pulled.
Old 06-07-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPUGEEK View Post
Ihateebay,

hear me out on this in regards to what you said.. I dont get it either. Okay I had 10 auctions going on with 5 of the same items, but 1 get veroed and not the others. The others was the same description, same title , same pictures, and all. Now why didnt my other 4 items get removed???? I think some listings get removed from competitors and customers complaning...

Also how many accounts do you have running at once. I can barley manage 1 account and I know of some people that have 3 or more running at the same time
Hey yea... it's so frustrating not to say intimidating that all your work is going to be wasted because Ebay randomly inspects you. I hate Ebay so much, I'm working on my website every chance I get. The way I see it, Ebay is just going to get worse, piss off more sellers, and slowly all the sellers (the ones that aren't frauds) will move off Ebay. So, why not start now (move off Ebay). I (or the individual seller) can never "win" and Ebay doesn't care about it's sellers anyways.

Three things I hate about Ebay:
1) VERO
2) The feedback system
3) The high fees

Sorry for ranting anyways you know what I counted and if you get over 10 listings removed by VERO/EBAY you get a 7 day suspension. If you have less than 10 you just get your sellers privileges removed and have to take a tutorial before you can list again. If you have over 12 then you get a 12 month suspension.

I currently have 6-7 accounts open LOL. Last week I had 2 but then Ebay suspended those two and everyday I have been making accounts. 3 of them are my backup accounts. I figure I need to have a lot in storage in case Ebay pulls a fast one on me...:D
Old 06-08-2007

Wish you good luck...appreciate your efforts!

Cheers

Andreas
Old 06-08-2007

ihatebay what do you hate most about the feedback system?

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2007
Threadstarter  

I just hate the feedback system because you are nothing without feedback. LOL.
Old 06-08-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
what was saying is that your auction title will trip off their software, then which they will further look into your auction..
Well it aint perfect. If for example you're selling a home video of Green Day in concert you don't exactly say that in your title. But if you cut that down to Green Day Concert or Green Day concert video and there's nothing in your description but a jpg I don't see any logical reason why this would trip their software.

How would that make a difference? I dont see too much of a difference in the title. why would you leave out "in" and add video??
Old 06-08-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebay View Post
I just hate the feedback system because you are nothing without feedback. LOL.
i dont know about that. I still get the same amount of sales regardless
Old 06-08-2007
Executive [VIP]

I left out the words "home video" and dude stop replying inside my posts.
Old 06-08-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsack View Post
I left out the words "home video" and dude stop replying inside my posts.
Hey Ballsack, I'm the Moderator, i can do that if i want too....lol

But I keep hitting the wrong button by accident..