eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   MC999 - successfully overcome. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/53637-mc999-successfully-overcome.html)

cjbill 11-30-2012 11:22 AM

MC999 - successfully overcome.

I opened a stealth ebay and stealth PP about 3 months ago. PP linked to REAL bank account and verified w/ VCC to my Stealth info. Still have 21-day hold, but I can deal, important not to throw up any flags. Patience. I bought a couple of items immediately, and let the account age.

Listed 4 eBay items a couple days ago, wake up to the dreaded "MC999 - It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account."

I use tethering on an older laptop loaded w/ Chromium and Ubuntu Linux. Otherwise, I go to the local McD's and use their free wi-fi. Even if you're not "at risk" it's still important to practice good privacy as much as possible.

I got all my Stealth information in front of me, called ebay from another phone, made sure there was noise in the background, had the agent on speaker, "Hello, I got a message I had to call you about some listings I posted, sorry, I'm at work and it's noisy," blah, blah small talk and just answered questions.

Asked my name (Stealth info).
Asked my BD (Stealth info).
Asked "What will I be selling? -- I just moved, cleaning out stuff, mostly old things I don't want anymore, you know how it is..."
Asked "do I have a supplier? -- no, I don't, just personal items."
Asked my previous address "I was living abroad since 2008."
Asked my address previous to that (made one up).
Asked what phone # I was calling from, gave it to her.
Asked to call me on my registered phone number (Google Voice attached to my cell phone).
Got the call, verified it was me, hang up the cell.
Told "I need a few more minutes," and put on hold.
While on hold, email MC028 and my limits have been increased!
She comes back on, everything is A-OK, "Thank you for using e-Bay."

Now, this may not work for those making a living selling on eBay, but as I'm selling items of my own just to make some money for the moment, the Guide got me back on the right track. My legit account 99% FB and top-rated, but was banned because of several disputes from electronics that I sold last holiday season. It hurt. It hurt BIG TIME being unemployed. If I do have one word of advice though, AVOID big-ticket items. It's a supernova of a red flag, at least until you get some cred and rep with your new account.

MC999 is not the kiss of death, folks, the steady pace wins the race. Call them, you're banned anyway, might as well give it a shot, you may be surprised. Be cool, and from one of my favorite movies, "Act as if..." The Stealth guide WORKS. FOLLOW IT -- IT'S A MANUAL FOR SUCCESS! :amen:

GreenGhost 11-30-2012 12:19 PM

That's a Blessing man..Great Work :thumb:

Dishwater 11-30-2012 07:40 PM

I agree. You never know. Specially with their customer support, most of them are just computer generated "Human" machines. They don't even know much about selling on ebay and read from a step by step. It's worth a shot.