I find this very funny/weird????? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-06-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default I find this very funny/weird?????

Now how and the hell can a new 1 motnth old seller with 1 feedback sell a Rolex watch thats up to $2,000 in bids and we can't even sell 1 simple item without ebay kickin us off??

I dont understand it?? he has no seller feedback??

Now i 'm pretty sure the watch isn't real but if you look at that auction ..

eBay: ROLEX President 18K Gold Day-Date Watch NR (item 300117367211 end time Jun-06-07 17:19:56 PDT)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-06-2007

Longevity: 98%

How can you tell it's not real, out of interest?
Old 06-06-2007
Threadstarter  

But the whole point in me saying that was to express how a new seller can sell a $5,000 watch off rip??

I asked the seller for the paper work serial numbers and ask if I could get it certified before I buy it and the seller bulked out. And made all kind of excuses and said they dont know the legitimancy of the watch. So that lead me to belive it was not legit. I got him to tell me that through my ways...Email him/her yourself and find out.

And to let you know the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ watches can do all that fancy movement and all. It is hard to tell the difference without actually selling the watch.
Old 06-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPUGEEK View Post
And to let you know the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ watches can do all that fancy movement and all. It is hard to tell the difference without actually selling the watch.
So...that also works the other way around; it's even harder to tell that its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ without actually seeing the watch. I sent the seller a message and they said they were willing to supply the papers. I dunno what you've been eating that has you all crazy.

Like I said again , you is missing the point. How can a new seller sell a $5000 off a new account??

Uhm, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Watches comes with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ papers. Ask the seller if you can get the watch appraised by a watchman or Jewerly, or of has gotten it appraised and see what the seller will pay..There will be no answer!
Old 06-07-2007

Maybe the buyer thinks they'll do paypal and are protected that way?

The seller has "I strongly prefer Money Orders or Cashiers Check."

Exactly. I bet he bulked out and said I only want to accept money order or check after the auction ended

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-11-2007
Executive [VIP]

yeah...that's crazy I notice alot of auctions like that. Sellers have 0 feedback but have a rolex watch on sale. The funny part about the whole thing is people are really bidding on the item.
Old 06-11-2007

Wow, the item has been removed already, so I wouldn't worry about it too much CPUGEEK. The ebay police are apparently on there job.
Old 06-11-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by plight View Post
Wow, the item has been removed already, so I wouldn't worry about it too much CPUGEEK. The ebay police are apparently on there job.
Yeah, they removed it 7 days after the auction ended, So basically the buyer got ripped off and complained to ebay. Because that auction ended last week. I knew that auction was ishey from the get go. The thing I dont get why buyers would even bother. Even if the seller do accept paypal I still wouldnt bid or buy. I wouldnt even buy anything over probably $200 on ebay. Thats my max unless it is a well known company..
Old 06-12-2007

Many people likes to bid/buy from new sellers because they often don't know what they are doing (i.e. don't include the important keywords in their title) also people might be afraid to bid because the seller is new, hence a much lower price.

I for one like to bid/buy from new sellers, of course, I have to do some investigation/speculation before I actually pull the trigger. So I say go with your gut feeling. But those money order/checks only, are always a big no no.