So this is what they've been up to... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-13-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default So this is what they've been up to...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/14/te...gy&oref=slogin

Message to ebay: For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-14-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

They've been "up to" this for a long time. For years eBay has been working to root out the so called, "bad sellers". I guess we're the bad sellers.

Bah, screw eBay! They're shooting their self in the foot by doing this.
Old 06-15-2007

Longevity: 98%

They may eventually shoot them selves, but right now the guns turned on us.
Old 06-16-2007
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Quote:
But Ms. Whitman said the company had no plans to rest on its laurels. “Fraud is inherent in marketplaces of our scale,” she said. “We have got to stay ahead of the bad guys. They get more sophisticated, so we have to get more sophisticated.”
Give me a break. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black - the last time I checked eBay WAS the "bad guys".
Old 06-16-2007
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalawash View Post
Give me a break. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black - the last time I checked eBay WAS the "bad guys".
Amen to that!
Old 08-08-2007

Longevity: 96%
Cool So why do some members stay on ebay????

Quote:
Originally Posted by whome View Post
Amen to that!
Hi, I've been reading through as many forums posted as possible an have been gathering information however I haven't yet seen anyone ask this question:

One of my ebay accounts was suspended due to selling bootlegs which they consider to be counterfeit goods. I take a view that if it's a bootleg then it doesn't matter who sells them they are illegal from the time were were born... no bulls... about original silver pressed, etc, that's all a pack of lies. Any bootleg is illegal and start off as an illegal copy of something... well let's get to my point: before I got booted off ebay, I was warned and when this happened, I was so piss.. off at ebay and even more so because I only sold a few of these as most items were household goods whereas I was aware that at least 2 ebayers in France were ONLY selling bootlegs and nothing seemed to ever happen to them. I then did something that I am a little ashamed of but nevetheless, I need to state it here: I exposed them to ebay. I reported each and every one of their items... I did this from several different ebay accounts and I did this on numerous occasions. Because nothing happened to them, I then started re-listing my stuff and got booted off within less than a month.
My question to you is how come they don't get booted off? How come they continue to sell??? How come my reports about them seem to do nothing to them? Is it because they are in France and I in the UK??? Does French ebay not care about what you sell??? They even go as far as using keywords which are an immediate no no such as "soundboard recordings..." what is this??? How have they become ebay proof??? Is there really a way into getting away with murder. Maybe the guy who wrote the ezyguide book does know something after all??? Can anyone please responde. Aspkin??? Any coments?
Old 08-08-2007

Many bootlegs of collectible goods wind up becoming somewhat collectibles themselves at some point. So if you knowingly sell the bootleg advertising that knowledge, or just that this was something that you picked up on vacation in X country, perhaps that would exempt you from ebay's outdated witchhunt tactics. And if not, I would love to find a good lawsuit to make ebay bend over for. By NOT allowing the sale of these items, ebay is effectively engaging in false advertising. Because then whatever IT is, you may or may NOT be able to get IT on ebay.
Old 08-08-2007

Longevity: 96%

Jack,
Thanks for your post in response to my query regarding bootlegs however do you know the answer as to how the other 2 French people don't get their accounts suspended even after I have reported them numerous times? They adviertise that they are selling original pressed silver CD's (a lie as all are CDRS) and they specifically say that they are soundboard recordings - these words alone mean BOOTLEGS!! I was saying nothing of this... and I got booted off for selling a few of these items whereas they sell them on a non stop basis.
Thanks
Old 08-08-2007

jointheclub, PM coming.

Looks like you have to be a member of the site. Anyone care to post it here?
Old 08-12-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

No cookies are placed on your computer unless you click on an ad. And that's only so I get credit if you signup for something. MEOW, you're new to the forums so I'll take it you're inexperienced. But please don't spread lies about something unless you test it for your self. No cookies are placed on your machine except ones from this forum to keep you logged in.
Old 08-12-2007

Longevity: 97%

The Unofficial Cookie FAQ

"The main limit on retrieving a cookie is that you can only retrieve cookies that are valid for the document your script resides in. That is, a script on www.myserver.com cannot read cookies from YourServer.com. This is also true for subdirectories within your site. A cookie valid for /dirOne cannot be read by a script in /dirTwo. This is mainly governed on the browser side, as browsers know the URL that they are accessing, and only transmit cookies for that server across the connection."