eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Category Limit Question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/57957-category-limit-question.html)

CH1N3S3_W@RR103 03-19-2013 07:34 PM

Category Limit Question

Hi,

I got an account in good standing. I had a listing for a product that was removed due to some copyright issues and I called in earlier today to request higher selling limits. They actually raised all of them but kept the selling limits for that particular category the same. (Which is actually 0 now)

What is the best way to approach this?

TheRevolver 03-19-2013 07:42 PM

Not sure if this is the same as getting restricted from selling in a certain category but from my experience, if it is the same, there's no way to remove it, unless you call in and get lucky of course.

danshan 03-19-2013 08:53 PM

Can you say new stealth account

vogeltron 03-22-2013 02:49 AM

I had this happen to a friend. He was never able to sell on his account in a certain category and it has been like 2 years + by now. I agree, time to start on another stealth account, if you can try to find some other products to sell on this particular one.

Speeder33 03-25-2013 03:52 AM

its always best to have 2 different items so that you can sell your maximum (which is usually 10 items on new accts) rather than only 5

rsot 03-25-2013 03:00 PM

You called in after a listing takedown... risky - spread sales over new accounts. This account is already in heat for this so dont push it

GreenBean 03-25-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CH1N3S3_W@RR103 (Post 432536)
Hi,

I got an account in good standing. I had a listing for a product that was removed due to some copyright issues and I called in earlier today to request higher selling limits. They actually raised all of them but kept the selling limits for that particular category the same. (Which is actually 0 now)

What is the best way to approach this?

Then be happy they gave you increases rather than restricted you more.

I would nuture the account, avoid issues & wait

PATIENTLY.... in this stealth game that should be second nature.

Account is flagged. Avoid irreparable damage just because of impatience.

:nono:

Sandy D 03-31-2013 06:02 PM

This is why I have and work so many new accounts.

I dont have to deal with a single category limit by spreading sales out of many accounts.

Speeder33 04-01-2013 01:04 AM

yes, always a good idea to have a lot of accounts

you can sell as many things as you want and they will slowly get limits raised

vwrestmania 04-08-2013 10:14 AM

same thing happened to me, i called in to raise my limits, the guy ended up giving me a category restriction. its been 5 months, and have not been able to get it removed.

rsot 04-08-2013 02:13 PM

Playing with fire :( sucks - thats why you dont call up and try to get over the restriction.

GreenBean 04-08-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwrestmania (Post 438323)
same thing happened to me, i called in to raise my limits, the guy ended up giving me a category restriction. its been 5 months, and have not been able to get it removed.

By now, I hope you have read on the forum to try to avoid contacting ebay for lifting limits.

It is risky.

:juggle:

vogeltron 04-10-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 438442)
By now, I hope you have read on the forum to try to avoid contacting ebay for lifting limits.

It is risky.

:juggle:

From my experience Green Beam knows as much as anyone. I would rank Sandy D right next to Green Beam. If they give you advice you should definitely listen. Not to discredit other stealth pros on the site but these two I have seen as the most active and give the most sound advice I have seen thus far. I have been using the stealth formula for half a decade now. If you follow it and get updates and insights from people like this you will be golden. If you fail to listen and ignore it, you are just going to have to learn the hard way. Which is often the most humbling way in which many of us learned.

a.v.limited 04-12-2013 04:06 AM

sometimes you can call ebay and they can lift limits

has happened to me

or maybe lower your quantity if a buy it now

Speeder33 04-13-2013 07:19 PM

true you can call ebay to lift limits, ive had it happen too, but more likely you'll call and get a request for id or mc999

not worth it, takes up lots of time and risking good accts

GreenBean 04-14-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a.v.limited (Post 439642)
sometimes you can call ebay and they can lift limits

has happened to me

or maybe lower your quantity if a buy it now

Bad advice.

Who wants to call into ebay and have limits REDUCED?

Look for posts by imjustme & Sandy D. Their practical advise is never call ebay. Allow an account to mature naturally.

Guess what the result of that is? Limitations are rare.

That equals successful stealth

rsot 04-14-2013 05:04 PM

This goes DOUBLE when you have an item listing removed for copyright issues - account is already a little heated with bad activity....calling it could be horrible for limitation

Sandy D 04-14-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 440219)
Bad advice.

Who wants to call into ebay and have limits REDUCED?

Look for posts by imjustme & Sandy D. Their practical advise is never call ebay. Allow an account to mature naturally.

Guess what the result of that is? Limitations are rare.

That equals successful stealth

Dead on GB.

I almost have to be half crazy to call for something so minor like this.

I learned a long time ago to never give them the chance to pry more info out of you.

Even though I can answer them quickly and know what to say, calling to get limits raised for any reason is just asking for more pain.

I dont want some clerk who has no clue manually looking at my accounts.

vogeltron 04-18-2013 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 440317)
Dead on GB.

I almost have to be half crazy to call for something so minor like this.

I learned a long time ago to never give them the chance to pry more info out of you.

Even though I can answer them quickly and know what to say, calling to get limits raised for any reason is just asking for more pain.

I dont want some clerk who has no clue manually looking at my accounts.

100% agree, calling eBay unless you have been suspended and basically have nothing to lose is the only time I would ever do it. Otherwise you are absolutely right who wants someone looking at your account asking you questions especially if it is stealth. Sounds like nothing but trouble. This IS EXACTLY WHY YOU GET MULTIPLE STEALTH'S GOING! Slowly build them up have ones that you need for a rainy day or just in case. Always the best way to go. SANDY D knows as much as anyone on here. I would definitely listen to her. Calling eBay or PayPal for any reason is just plain stupid. Unless like I said before you are suspended and basically have nothing to lose. You can read the other horror story threads of people on here calling eBay to increase limits having an account manager taking one look at their listings or asking them the wrong question and boom. Indefinite suspensions. Good luck to those who like to play with fire.