eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   False positive suspension (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/6160-false-positive-suspension.html)

aimndtel 07-22-2008 06:05 AM

False positive suspension

Got the following notice.

MC055 INV NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User XXXXXXXX is Linked to a Suspended User

How can a person get suspended for this if one only has one ebay account?
I never had more than one account, or had dealings with the suspended user.

badebay 07-22-2008 07:24 AM

1st : Anyone in your house have an account on ebay ?? anyone in the past had an account on ebay ?? . Family members who get suspended will trigger blacked household. address etc.
If non of that applies to you. your 1st port of call is to email or ring them and deny you evern had another account, and if they say you have. reply them to save it must have been a hijacked account as your totally inocent. ( depends what your selling too ) .
at least the never just quoted the normal abuse of user agreement policy , as they use that to cover a multitude of apparant abuses. even when you haven't abused.
thats your 1st thing. contact them and deny deny deny. then you have a choice of staying here to open a new account using the info supplied. welcome to the club !!!!

aimndtel 07-22-2008 09:27 AM

I live by myself, same address and phone number for 5 years.
No one else has access to my computer knowingly.
I was selling for the first time.
Sold a couple used computer motherboards, using my own pictures.
Auction went through, got paid and shipped items.
Two days later, bang suspension out of blue.
It may be related to my address with almost 100% certainty.
If it is, there is no way to prove to ebay that no one else lives with me.
I can not come up with any other explanation.

Lisa B 07-22-2008 09:58 AM

Maybe someone who got suspened on eBay is using your address?

greg2414 07-22-2008 10:01 AM

or someone before you lived there maybe?

badebay 07-22-2008 10:17 AM

then your port of call is to ask if the house for some reason has been blocked. and say . if thats the case. say its a little unfair to tar you with the same brush as your items are purely inoccent items you had round the house. Ask for more info. ( hope you didnt do the classic thing that new sellers do ) " shill bid " bid on your own item. or get a family member too. thats easily picked up by ebays bots and flags like the spanish armada. its a trap that many fall into.

your suspention number is not that high so i recon you may be able to get back on. ( no guarantee ) .

BooMer 07-22-2008 11:19 AM

Are you using a Wireless router? and is it secured/encrypted with password protection?
If it is not then someone else in your neighborhood (maybe next door neighbor) is using your wireless connection and had an ebay account that was suspended. This will result in your suspension as well because both are on the same wireless router connection.

You need to change your wireless settings (MAC ADDRESS) and put a password protection and start all over to open a new Ebay Account.
Just my thoughts.
BooMer