eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   do violations carry over to different accounts. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/61624-do-violations-carry-over-different-accounts.html)

thedarkknight 07-01-2013 10:52 AM

do violations carry over to different accounts.

There seems to be a ton of different answers to this on here, so I'm really just trying to get the definitive answer. If you have two accounts linked to one paypal and account one gets a violation, does account two also have that violation? Or are they classes as seperate accounts.

I understand if you ring eBay/PayPal or if one account goes down they all do. But do they share violations?

Thanks in advance.

JamesNorth101 07-01-2013 11:36 AM

I would count them as the same if they are that heavily linked. At the very least best to avoid getting the same violation on a linked account

GoteBay 07-01-2013 02:25 PM

I know spouses using the same address and internet connection. Initially, they had a heck of a problem differentiating themselves; one of them had to fax in papers. eBay does limit both accounts together. One of them is not allowed to sell a particular item, while the other can sell the same. I have seen VeRO hitting both simultaneously or with days apart. It is all-over the place.

I wonder what the rationale is when its only one person with different accounts. Its hard to tell them apart. I hope this helps.

jeffweico 07-01-2013 02:46 PM

Not publicly. They also don't share feedback, etc. But as you already know, if one goes down, the other one will too.

Furious George 07-02-2013 10:06 AM

I doubt it would carry over the sense that you would see the same warning on that account when you login.

However, I'm certain ebay and paypal will be watching that account in the same way that they're watching the warned account.

oompaloompa 07-02-2013 01:51 PM

violations are seperate. FACT.

if an account goes down, then the other linked one, may or may not go down too, I have seen both scenarios...

thedarkknight 07-02-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 464152)
violations are seperate. FACT.

if an account goes down, then the other linked one, may or may not go down too, I have seen both scenarios...

Can I ask how you know they are seperate.

GreenBean 07-02-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedarkknight (Post 464196)
Can I ask how you know they are seperate.

I can confirm what ompappa said.

You asked this months back. Are you still unsure?

Did you ever read the thread by Here We Go Again?

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...-1-paypal.html

Although witten some years back, it was done to explain how using two accounts could be used to offset strikes etc

I must stress the following.
nowadays this is different. Two accounts must be made at the same time. Or eBay thinks a seller is trying to bypass selling limits

It is crucial you understand this

yupitsme 07-03-2013 01:00 AM

from my past experience I think so yes. PayPal and eBay see it both as the same person using the account and etc feel as if you have control over the other account as well. You should make a new PayPal man to link up with the second account

JamesNorth101 07-03-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yupitsme (Post 464372)
You should make a new PayPal man to link up with the second account

Too late. Linked once, linked forever.

yupitsme 07-03-2013 04:27 AM

In that case make a new ebay and paypal... have to start over fresh :)

GreenBean 07-03-2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yupitsme (Post 464391)
In that case make a new ebay and paypal... have to start over fresh :)

If his accounts are not (both) suspended, that is not needed.

Start learning to read what a poster is asking.

:peace:

parker1608 07-03-2013 09:28 AM

Of cos share all the information , one suspended other account must linked ~

thedarkknight 07-03-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 464223)
I can confirm what ompappa said.

You asked this months back. Are you still unsure?

Did you ever read the thread by Here We Go Again?

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...-1-paypal.html

Although witten some years back, it was done to explain how using two accounts could be used to offset strikes etc

I must stress the following.
nowadays this is different. Two accounts must be made at the same time. Or eBay thinks a seller is trying to bypass selling limits

It is crucial you understand this

I created 2 accounts around 3 months or so apart, do I now need to close these accounts and open two more (at the same time) ?

Or do I keep the two I already have and open another another two at the same time?

Thanks for all your advice.

rsot 07-03-2013 11:54 AM

No - if those accounts are active, just rotate sales and be prudent about your activity - ALWAYS have backups. You cant just simply close accounts - info is held forever.

GreenBean 07-04-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedarkknight (Post 464444)
I created 2 accounts around 3 months or so apart, do I now need to close these accounts and open two more (at the same time) ?

Or do I keep the two I already have and open another another two at the same time?

Thanks for all your advice.

No need to ever close an account of your own accord.

If the sales are coming in, carry on trading.

Yes, make new accounts. But I would double check that it is (still) OK to have two accounts with the same info.
Like I said this was working. It was the last month. May need clarification today.

:typing:

oompaloompa 07-04-2013 07:37 AM

you are mixing up accounts that are deliberately linked and ones that have gotten linked but were not supposed to be. I am talking about the first scenario, 2 eb to 1 paypal, all in same details.

I was asked how do I know, firstly it is common knowledge, and also from experience. if I get a violation it does not affect the other linked acc.

thedarkknight 07-04-2013 12:12 PM

Thanks everyone I really appreciate it.

rsot 07-09-2013 11:21 AM

Hope you are on to some backups :)