eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   MC999 - Your eBay account is restricted (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/62560-mc999-your-ebay-account-restricted.html)

An0nym0u$ 07-27-2013 04:54 PM

MC999 - Your eBay account is restricted

I know this has been covered many times, but thought I'd share my experience with this trouble many ppl have on new stealths.

I've posted in other threads my startup method....

Quote:

From day 1 to day 30, my account is just a buyer's account. Simple bidding, buying, and winning some cheap items to build up feedback.

After 30 days, I start to sell my first couple of items. I sell items that have high chance of getting positive feedback and low chance of returns.
After 60 days, I slowly increase - always varying the products.
After 90 days, once the limits are increased, I start to sell more - always staying under ebay's limit.

Today, one of my stealths reached the point where I like to starting using it as a "seller's" account (day 35 I think). I listed my first item and 2 hours later got hit with MC999 and account restriction.

I rolled up my sleeves and put my stealth hat on. I got all my stealth information in front of me, got a Google Voice #. I then used the GV app on my cell phone - first testing to make sure my caller ID showed the right number.

When I was confident I had all my info I called up ebay. When I spoke to the CSR, I was very pleasant, even making jokes along the way. I acted oblivious to the error and asked for their help in resolving it.

The CSR asked me the following:
  • Where did you purchase this item? I said the local store
  • Is the item in your position? Yes it is.
  • Will you be using a supplier? No, I'm just looking to sell a few things around the house.
  • Will you be selling your items on any other auction sites or stores? No, I only have a few things around the house to sell and will probably just use eBay
  • What type of phone are you calling from? I'm calling from my cell phone

After that the CSR rep explained that this was just a precautionary measure they have for new accounts to make eBay a safe environment for everyone...blah blah blah. I then asked if my selling limits can be increased. He said I just need to go through a short survey...
  • How long have you lived at this address? Just 6 months now.
  • Where did you live prior and what was the address? I lived w/ my parents. They are in the same town (I Googled a nearby house).
  • What is your date of birth? Gave my stealth dob

After that the CSR rep said my account would now have 100 items / $5000 limit!!! I thanked him for his wonderful help.

I got this email shortly after the call.

Quote:

MC028 Your eBay selling account limits have changed

Hello xxx (xxxx@gmail.com),

We're writing to let you know we've changed your selling limits. You can now sell up to 100 items monthly and up to $5,000.00 monthly.
I'm hoping this might help others if they encounter this problem. The key is to have all your information handy, act normal and be very pleasant to the ebay CSR.

JamesNorth101 07-27-2013 05:00 PM

Wow, way to turn that around :) Congratulation.

rsot 07-27-2013 07:13 PM

Nice inspirational story - way to be direct and professional

GreenBean 07-27-2013 07:15 PM

Good that it worked for you.

Still should be done on a case by case basis.

Not all users may be as well prepared as you.

Now on to great selling

:thumb:

SUVE 07-27-2013 07:17 PM

This is a nice story & a happy ending for you.

Sandy D 07-28-2013 12:10 PM

Awesome!!!

Nice share that you handled to perfection.

AuctionsDenied 07-28-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ (Post 471522)

I'm hoping this might help others if they encounter this problem. The key is to have all your information handy, act normal and be very pleasant to the ebay CSR.

Great information here.

Key here is to make sure you stay organized, know your facts, and the outcome may be a good one as yours.

Good selling!!!

grislybear 08-29-2013 05:42 PM

How come I've never once been asked for a birth date when signing up for ebay or paypal accounts?

GreenBean 08-29-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grislybear (Post 481449)
How come I've never once been asked for a birth date when signing up for ebay or paypal accounts?

That changed in the past year(ish).

Still better to record one.

:mod:

grislybear 08-29-2013 05:56 PM

So what would they ask me if I wanted to ask for a limit increase while calling in for a new account's MC999? Same questions but without the birth date question? That would be great!

rsot 08-29-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grislybear (Post 481449)

Keep track of all info in your logs

GreenBean 08-29-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grislybear (Post 481452)
So what would they ask me if I wanted to ask for a limit increase while calling in for a new account's MC999? Same questions but without the birth date question? That would be great!

Bascially what is outlined in the OP.

Can vary between ebay staff.

Reconsider calling to ask for an increase of limits though.

Allow the account to grow naturally.

:mod:

An0nym0u$ 09-01-2013 01:43 PM

Another one of my stealth accounts got hit w/ an MC999 last night.

I called up the CSR and was transferred to their "Policy Department"

The rep in their Policy dept. told me that this is the normal process for sellers in order to validate their identity.

He put me on hold for about 5 minutes, came back and reinstated my account without me having to answer any questions (I thought that was odd).

At the same time, I noticed the email from ebay came in that my account was reinstated. Seems like these MC999's will be more common on new stealths now.

glacier922 09-04-2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ (Post 482067)
Another one of my stealth accounts got hit w/ an MC999 last night.

I called up the CSR and was transferred to their "Policy Department"

The rep in their Policy dept. told me that this is the normal process for sellers in order to validate their identity.

He put me on hold for about 5 minutes, came back and reinstated my account without me having to answer any questions (I thought that was odd).

At the same time, I noticed the email from ebay came in that my account was reinstated. Seems like these MC999's will be more common on new stealths now.

So I take it that all the information that they ask can be passed with stealth info? I wonder how they would verify a question such as what previous cars u have owned or what was your previous address. Those are the type of answers that could be answered only if they have your ssn I would think.

rsot 09-04-2013 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 482707)
So I take it that all the information that they ask can be passed with stealth info? I wonder how they would verify a question such as what previous cars u have owned or what was your previous address. Those are the type of answers that could be answered only if they have your ssn I would think.

All these questions are able to be passed with creativity...you need to think things out...SSN is not the only solution.

Few posts around with this discussion BUT the posts are older....dated from 2010-2011 I recall

An0nym0u$ 09-04-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 482707)

My point was, I was not asked a single question pertaining to the account when I called in. The only information I was asked to provide was my name on the account and I think someone asked my ebay userID.

I was simply put on hold and the rep came back and said that my account was reinstated.

I was with the Policy Department. I know this because the previous agent told me that was where they were transferring me (my call got disconnected on the first attempt).

I thought this was very odd. Maybe something new being done by ebay...who knows? I would like to hear if others are experiencing this too.

rsot 09-06-2013 02:13 PM

It does sound odd - hope your account has no problems - it is possible you had a sympathetic agent (or an agent who didnt really care) - I could see it happening.

GreenBean 09-06-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ (Post 482812)
I was with the Policy Department. I know this because the previous agent told me that was where they were transferring me (my call got disconnected on the first attempt).

I thought this was very odd. Maybe something new being done by ebay...who knows? I would like to hear if others are experiencing this too.

Maybe they gave you a gift because of the 1st call being disconnected.

Upped your call to a department that can say yay or nay outright.

Quicker to say yay.

Off you go selling.

Result one happy seller.

:juggle:

rsot 09-10-2013 10:24 AM

Re: MC999 - Your eBay account is restricted

I would not say the account is failsafe regardless.

An0nym0u$ 09-10-2013 10:47 AM

Of course, I would not be naive to think so. But then again, you can make this statement with just about any account.

nyc 09-11-2013 02:04 AM

Hearing this will help me sleep a little bit more snugged :)

rsot 09-11-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyc (Post 484837)
Hearing this will help me sleep a little bit more snugged :)

That was funny - all wrapped up