eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Is It permanent? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/64374-permanent.html)

Octoman 09-08-2013 04:15 AM

Is It permanent?

Hi, Guys,

It's been a while
So here is my situation

In 2011, June, I was 17 and I first started selling on eBay selling my personal items. I made too much money too fast, so Paypal froze me, asking me "Where did you get this merchandise"? "Where is the receipt"? etc. I ended up telling them I was 17 and didn't think it was a big deal that I was a minor, so the rep told me to call back when I am 18 and I will get it reinstated.

Because my PP was linked to my eBay account, I ended up being also banned from selling on eBay and to call eBay to reinstate my account when I resolve the issue with Paypal. Fast Forward to May 2012, I am now 18, and I call Paypal, to reinstate, they end up telling me, that I am a risk to the community (also eBay) and I am permanently banned.

Frustrated with the lies they had given me, I had opened stealth accounts, they were eventually linked back to me, thus again "permanently" banning me from eBay and Paypal respectively. Feeling angered, and lied to, I decided to go to the BBB and file a case with PayPal as they had lied to me. After resubmitting the case for the 15th time (Exact number, not made up) because each rep that received the case flat out didn't help me and told me I am a risk. On the 15th try, I luckily got connected to Veronica, and was very sympathetic to me and reinstated my PayPal account if I submit documentation proving myself, I did, I was finally reinstated onto PayPal and told me that I can sell on eBay again. I open an eBay account in January 2013, but before I started selling, I wanted to rack up 100 buyer feedback so that way I can gain buyers confidence.
Then all of a sudden, in March, I got a MC999 saying that my information was linked to a previous account, " I thought I was reinstated?" I said, so I called eBay and they gave me the usual, and I told them " Wait A minute, if I was banned on eBay because PayPal froze me and you guys told me, if I resolve the issues, the problem would be solved" , but sadly not the case.

So in August , I was feeling adventurous, So I checked the selling limits which was 0 Items a month and/or 0.00 USD a month, so I decided to try and list an item, to my amazement, it asked me to confirm my information, so I did, then all of a sudden, I could sell on eBay again, I was so excited!

After a day of the listed items, I get banned again, and was told to call, so without nothing to lose, I decided to call, they asked me questions confirming my identity, I passed , and Now I can sell 1000 items a month and/or 7500.00 USD a month. This was on the first of September

So what I'm trying to ask, am I actually reinstated? Is it a GLitch? Were they being nice to me?

Let me know what you think.

JamesNorth101 09-08-2013 04:35 AM

It sounds to me like you can easily be banned again at any point, so if you have not already got stealth accounts on the go, I would get them up and running asap.

vogeltron 09-08-2013 05:48 AM

I agree I would sell slowly. Build up feedback and not rock the boat. If you prove you are an asset to eBay/PayPal they might leave you alone. I would suggest offering generous return policy and taking lots of good pics and advertising products to a T. Might be the lucky break you have been looking for.

rsot 09-08-2013 06:14 AM

That was good vogeltron.

Important OP, 'Frustrated with the lies they had given me, I had opened stealth accounts, they were eventually linked back to me, thus again "permanently" banning me from eBay and Paypal respectively' - you must take steps to avoid being linked again - different pictures, list in different ways, vary up the activity

GreenBean 09-08-2013 10:17 AM

Sell but keep in mind your account is marked.

Make new stealth accounts in the correct way.

Avoid being linked.

Never ever believe ebay or paypal.

Never forget that. They lie.

Good Luck

:mod:

Octoman 09-09-2013 04:35 AM

Re: Is It permanent?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 483902)
I agree I would sell slowly. Build up feedback and not rock the boat. If you prove you are an asset to eBay/PayPal they might leave you alone. I would suggest offering generous return policy and taking lots of good pics and advertising products to a T. Might be the lucky break you have been looking for.

Has this situation happened to you?

rsot 09-09-2013 05:24 AM

Has happened to many of us Octoman

GreenBean 09-09-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 484162)
Has happened to many of us Octoman

Not as under age users making legal age though and going onto sell OK.

Suspect this is the OP's real interest.

His ongoing ebay career is pivotial to this working I would say.

jjohnson777 09-09-2013 09:45 PM

If PP/eb mouth moving good chance what coming out lies

rsot 09-10-2013 10:20 AM

Reading through the post again Octoman, these limits are nice but I wouldnt rely on theis account to survive the test of time....when any of my accounts used to get issues, even a scratch, I begin transitioning to other accounts...

Jack 09-10-2013 10:28 AM

As many of the users have said, you need to start making stealth accounts. I wouldn't honestly even sell on my personal account. I would just buy items when needed.

Get the stealth guide if you haven't already, and spread your sales out. In the long term you make more money and less headache. I like to run multiple accounts ( 5-6) and then have 5-6 aging. So if something where to happen, I would just switch out that account! Best of luck to you!

vogeltron 09-10-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octoman (Post 484140)
Has this situation happened to you?

Not this particular situation. But I really do think you may have been given a huge break to sell again. But, I agree with the rest of the board. Even if you have a fully established legit account, you should always be working on stealth accounts to run as backups as an insurance policy if something goes wrong.

GreenBean 09-10-2013 06:58 PM

Pay attnetion to the responses.

Treat this account carefully.

Make stealth back-up accounts.