IDverify - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-22-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default IDverify

Maybe someone can hypothesis with me --

I have registered a new account using AOL, my real name and a new address i have arranged.

In the meantime i have only registered (no cc/bank details) and for the first time ever - completed "ID VERIFY".

My previous account was banned with 164 %100 positive a few months ago, and a few other accounts were subsequently closed for 'association'..

This is the first account i have used using the AOL method.

Do you think i have better chances to avoid being NRU'd because of the ID verify? how much should i wait before i start selling? should i buy a few things first?

obviously will continue to login using aol only.

any advise appreciated...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-22-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

I think you'll gain some eBay credit by being ID Verfied. You may want to find other methods to secure you account, but that's a good start.
Old 06-22-2007

Longevity: 99%

AOL helps ebay track you. I'd lose them...and this is coming from a former user who's been down that road. ID Verify is tricky. If the information you've provided is legit and linked in any way or can be linked to a former suspended account, you don't stand much chance. If you've somehow managed to create a verified ID with inaccurate information and it's accepted, that's impressive...but you still have AOL to contend with.

You'll get differing views on this, but I say wait a couple days, then buy a few small things, but don't go crazy, especially on ebooks or other high risk merch. Then, depending on how it goes and how much you need to move and how fast...start listing small items or those not worth much...OR start really low and let the bidding decide where it goes. There are members here who start at a penny and end up with a very nice ending price (over $1000). Of course YMMV.

Speaking of which...just have to share...started an auction out insanely low and the bidding went well. Now the buyer is trying to say I misrepresented the item (I didn't) and wants a refund. Says it's not worth XXX amount. WTF?! I started out uber low and YOU bid that amount!! Some people and their buyers remorse....take a little responsibility for yer actions for cryin out loud!!
Old 06-22-2007
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 98%

thanks for the answers..

i used my real details on idverify - but it's the first time i ever attempted to do it, so there is no previous record.

in what way does aol help them track you? (fear fear...)
Old 06-23-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Using AOL probably isn't a good idea because of proxies. EBay doesn't like proxies because they can't track you location. If they can't track you location, they don't know if you're the same user connecting or if you're a fraudulent user, etc. So they sometimes limit or suspended accounts using proxies. It's best to use a simple dynamic or Static IP when connecting.
Old 08-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Ive never used my real real details on accounts, even the banned ones, it was always real address and variation of name..

Ive got an account thats only 3 months old in real real details, as Ive had a name change. I did not sign up for id verify, didnt know it existed, but today next to my user id is the id verified tick!!! Theyve checked me over, looked up up, think its equifax theyve used. Surely that means they check everyone automatically upon registration and if you pass as a real person that matches name and address you get the tick.

hmm, discuss....
Old 08-11-2009

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Using AOL probably isn't a good idea because of proxies. EBay doesn't like proxies because they can't track you location. If they can't track you location, they don't know if you're the same user connecting or if you're a fraudulent user, etc. So they sometimes limit or suspended accounts using proxies. It's best to use a simple dynamic or Static IP when connecting.
I hate to curse myself, but I have been using AOL exclusively on my main account for nearly 2 years. I only use the same computer for this account and never run another account off of it through my ISP IP address so I never clear cookies.

What do people do that live in the country too far from the city for DSL and not serviced by cable? They have to use a dialup that gives them a new IP each time?

I wouldn't recomend it if selling high risk items though