eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   MC999, account restricted...slightly different scenario from others (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/65482-mc999-account-restricted-slightly-different-scenario-others.html)

BuildtheBober 10-02-2013 01:32 AM

MC999, account restricted...slightly different scenario from others

Hi everyone,

My account is rather old, from 2006. I just recently started selling heavily in the past year. Never had any issues at all with ebay or paypal and the items I had for sale (DVD sets) but then the other day eBay sent me an MC999 notice. I am a top rated seller and a gold power seller with very high feedback. I spoke to them on the phone and they're requesting proof of invoices/my sourcing.

If anyone has any guidance I would appreciate it as to what I can do! I am currently reading thru the forums to try to find some info with someone who has a similar situation to mine, but it seems a lot of people getting the MC999 notice are brand new accounts. Thank you.

kingdomcome84 10-04-2013 02:34 AM

Re: MC999, account restricted...slightly different scenario from others

I can say that top rated, powers seller status and feedback doesn't matter to eBay. you could have been reported by a competitor and DVDs are extremely high risk item. if you don't have invoices to prove then your not getting your account back- PERIOD

I also created my first eBay selling account back in may 2006 which got took down in July 2011. the time your calling eBay hoping to get your account back is the time you need to read stealth book. you will come back a much wiser seller

Dmshark25 10-04-2013 02:57 AM

On sept 19 same happened to me high feedback TRS AND POWERSELLER AND STUPIDLY I called for an increase broke my number one rule never call ebay and they restricted my selling , they allowed what was listed. To finish but 20 items or $800 was lost from that account because of the restriction, I sell name branded items on that account had 200 positive and almost all perfect DSRs ,

Dmshark25 10-04-2013 03:05 AM

Yes and as the other post stated create other accounts , I have over 50 accounts and try to make 4 a month, the account that went down was stealth ,the only reason it was reinstated was cause my knowledge of ebay, stealth all from the forum. It was just one account wouldn't of hurt a bit but it was more sentimental my first stealth TRS, I thought no way I get it but figured I use as learning experience and got both, but u need stealth and spread sales if ur looking to have a thriving ebay business just won't work any other way

rsot 10-04-2013 04:33 AM

Welcome to the forums.

Your story OP is not much different than quite a few people here. It's sad but it happens. Time to go stealth - lots to read and appreciate.

If you want to try and save the account, provide the info requested and hope for the best.

GreenBean 10-04-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuildtheBober (Post 490900)
Hi everyone,

My account is rather old, from 2006. I just recently started selling heavily in the past year. Never had any issues at all with ebay or paypal and the items I had for sale (DVD sets) but then the other day eBay sent me an MC999 notice. I am a top rated seller and a gold power seller with very high feedback. I spoke to them on the phone and they're requesting proof of invoices/my sourcing.

ebay issues MC999 regardless of the age of the account.

DVDs are high risk, even on a TRS/PS account.

Usual course of action is to supply the invoices and hope all is OK.