eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Cancel ebay account or Increase DSR (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/65696-cancel-ebay-account-increase-dsr.html)

scotch 10-08-2013 10:05 AM

Cancel ebay account or Increase DSR

Hi,

I am glad I found this forum, I need some expert advise.
Situation:
My eBay account has 2.70% DSR rating for the the Shipping time. Next evaluation is coming in 2 weeks. I talked to support, they said they will review my account and most likely I will be below standard unless I improve. I have 1200 Feedback on my account so far, and don't sell that much. I am not sure if in 2 weeks I can pull off DSR of 2.40% or less.
They said, they will not Suspend my account right away, they will give me several month to improve. Unless I improve in several month, then they will suspend me forever.

My questions:
1. Should I Cancel my account1 NOW and don't wait until they will Suspend it ?
(as far as I read, if my account gets suspended I personally will not be able to create another account)
2. Even if I cancel my account1 right NOW, do you think they will Suspend my current account1, preventing me from creating another one?
(I know that cancellation takes time-180 days, they might see that account1 has low DSR even if the status states Canceled. They will probably find out the new account I made that is linked to the account1, and suspend both. What do you think?

Basically, what is the best solution in my situation.

Thanks for the help in advance.

An0nym0u$ 10-08-2013 04:12 PM

Re: Cancel ebay account or Increase DSR

I think you need to take a step back and understand (if you dont already) why you are receiving such poor scores for shipping time.

That seems to be the root of your problem.

What is the source of your shipping issues? If you cancel the account and start anew, will your shipping issues carry to your new account?

Work on improving your shipping time. Whether you choose to stay with this account or start a new one, you will continue to have this issue unless you sort out your shipping issues.

Best of luck,

JamesNorth101 10-08-2013 04:37 PM

If you cancel your account eBay will still keep all your info on file. You will be unlikely to create another account under your own name without it raising red flags

Find a cheap item to sell in bulk, make sure you get the item posted asap via a fast service. Keep your customers updated every stage of the way.

How many sales have you made in the last 12 months? Knowing this will allow the calculation of exactly how many 5.0 DSR for shipping you will need to get this to bellow 1.0%

Even if your accounts does fall into bellow standard, it is easy to rescue an account from this so long as you fix the issues that caused the account to fall bellow standard in the first place.

GreenBean 10-08-2013 05:02 PM

Best solutions are to make sure you leave your country flag CANADA on your profile.

We need that to give the best responses.

Avoid cancelling an account of your own free will.

Read what the two previous posters suggested.

You need to work to resolve these issues.

Good Luck

:canada:

scotch 10-08-2013 05:35 PM

Thank you all for the reply!
I sell about 80 items/month, not much. I clearly state that the shipping is not Fast, especially from Canada to USA. It does take on average about 7-12 days.
I thought its better to cancel the account before it actually gets suspended, in this case this will allow me to create a new one later on. Sit out for 2-3 month and create a new one, possibly to look for other opportunities making shipping faster (using currier), once I will do larger volumes.

I understand the fact that eBay stores all my data, therefore before they will pull a plug on me "Suspend", its better to simply cancel account myself, let account disappear and start over again in 2-3 months. New Account=New DSR.
I don't think they would suspend my New account.

What do you think ?

GreenBean 10-09-2013 03:04 AM

ebay do say it takes 12 months ( sometimes) to close an account.

What techincally stops you from sorting the issues and repairing the situation?

Also avoid thinking ebay will do this or ebay will not do this.....

ebay fight to win.

fight back too

:boink:

rsot 10-09-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotch (Post 493143)
I thought its better to cancel the account before it actually gets suspended, in this case this will allow me to create a new one later on. Sit out for 2-3 month and create a new one, possibly to look for other opportunities making shipping faster (using currier), once I will do larger volumes.

I understand the fact that eBay stores all my data, therefore before they will pull a plug on me "Suspend", its better to simply cancel account myself, let account disappear and start over again in 2-3 months. New Account=New DSR.
I don't think they would suspend my New account.

What do you think ?

They can still suspend your new account (if you make one) because of past history of failure...eB loves to crosslink info.

The better step is to let the account be - work on improvement BUT transition your sales to NEW UNLINKED stealth accounts. These accounts will work....and, of course, your shipping model must be improved.

JamesNorth101 10-09-2013 04:21 PM

I would stop selling to countries that where it can take upto 12 days for an item to be delivered if you continue to use the same delivery company (alternatively you could look to a faster delivery company). Buyers are morons, and they will not read that it can take upto 12 days to get an item.

You have an opportunity to prevent loosing an account, but you need to change the way you do business, and more to the point you need to change how you have your items delivered. Buyers expect speed these days, you have to model that expectation into your business ethos.

jeffweico 10-09-2013 04:50 PM

Shipping has become an issue, especially in the last 3 years or so. Buyers have been conditioned to expect quick delivery of their items. Simply stating in your listing that the delivery time could be up to 12 days won't help you - most buyers don't fully read the listings.

One way or another, if you are going to be successful on eBay, then you will have to work out a better way of shipping your items. Do you ship within 24 hours of the receipt of the order? Is the item location listed as CANADA? Sometimes, Canadian sellers will use a USA account in order to increase sales, but that can wreak havoc with what buyers expect in terms of delivery times.

For example, I often buy stuff on eBay. Sometimes, I buy from sellers in China if I can wait 2 weeks for the item to be delivered, since it is cheaper that way. Other times, if I need the item quickly, the first thing I do to narrow my search is click US Sellers Only. Of course, I understand that I will end up paying more. But it REALLY infuriates me when I have ordered from someone I believed to be in the US and then I get the item from China 2 weeks later. THAT would make me want to leave a low DSR.

scotch 10-09-2013 05:08 PM

I am located in Canada, and I purposely state that the item is located in Canada. The shipping times are usually in 7 days, in some instances it may take up to 12 days (postal issue).

I know via USPS it takes much faster up to 4 business days, I try to provide the most optimal solution for U.S. buyers, by offering Free shipping + Tracking number + Insurance in some instances. And still some buyers still complain.

Do you think I can prove my point to eBay T&S team ? Its not my issue that the buyer doesn't read shipping time details. I understand if the item gets delivered past 12 days, its my problem.

P.S.
Once I started eBay, I used to offer paid shipping to the USA, it was like $10, it was the cost Canada Post charged, I received several bad rating for Shipping Cost.
Seriously ? The buyer sees the item cost + shipping cost. If they decide to purchase it, why do they provide 1-2 ratings for the shipping cost ? If they don't like one of the factors, why purchasing it ?

GreenBean 10-09-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 493462)
But it REALLY infuriates me when I have ordered from someone I believed to be in the US and then I get the item from China 2 weeks later. THAT would make me want to leave a low DSR.

This is why I prefer to keep ebay purchases to an aboslute miniumum.

Of course, when the pets use the computer and buy items, that is a different story.

LOL.

:juggle:

jeffweico 10-09-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 493465)
This is why I prefer to keep ebay purchases to an aboslute miniumum.

Of course, when the pets use the computer and buy items, that is a different story.

LOL.

:juggle:

That made me think of an interesting point...

Whenever I order items from China, my cats absolutely LOVE those boxes. Beyond the normal love they have for boxes. Each cat will occasionally jump into a box from the USA and go to sleep, but those boxes from China... WHEW!!! They rub up against them, roll around in them, jump in and out 10 times in a row...

I wonder what it is about those boxes from China they like so much???

Sandy D 10-09-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 493468)
That made me think of an interesting point...

Whenever I order items from China, my cats absolutely LOVE those boxes. Beyond the normal love they have for boxes. Each cat will occasionally jump into a box from the USA and go to sleep, but those boxes from China... WHEW!!! They rub up against them, roll around in them, jump in and out 10 times in a row...

I wonder what it is about those boxes from China they like so much???

Be they are made from rice extract?????

Dmshark25 10-10-2013 01:58 AM

Once u place ur info into ebay and Paypal ur locked in the system there's no eject button that will give u a clean slate .

They will know u bailed on them before and can block u from just starting over with the same info. I f u just have trouble with shipping than I need to fix that it won't get any easier on a new account u will still need to increase ur performance even if they do allow u to start new so why bail out , it's an easy fix .

Shipping ways a ton on buyers perception of you, that's one aspect that I try to get out same day or next depending on time of payment and now once my accounts are matured , limit increases no holds I eat the cost and ship free priority which gets to most locations within 2 days and I ship domestic only so at least one category I have 5 stars leave me more concentration on the rest .

Customer service is so important in business, I have 25 years of owning and operating restaurants under my belt so ebAy is so comparable, in restaurants like ebay u get needy crazy customers, and no matter what the customer is always right , and they expect u to exceed their expectations, in restaurants they want their food out quick and the food hot and good , same with ebay when a customer pays there money they expect the world fast shipping well packaged quality product

And in both business's when. Something happens where the food is backed up or in eBays case the package is delAyed the worst thing u can do is ignore the situation and do nothing.

You need to own the mistake no matter what the situAtion and the customer always once to be compensated, free appetizer or free gift sent with eBays order, and a little attention and giving something extra for free and it doesn't need to be costly it's the principle that counts , if their package is late u need to bring up the situation before they do and already have a gift on the way before the customer complains by doing this you will see how many positives u crank out of a negative situation.

I ship all domestic and my products fit into the padded envelopes flat rate priority so it only cost $5.70 and on power seller accounts $5.35 so in aged accounts I list all BIN and require immediate payment so there should be no excuse for late delivery , if the buyer paid you than get moving , I'm up till 5 am packaging everyday and sleep 3-4 hours jump on the computer for 8-9 hours straight if I'm lucky sneak a 30 minute nap and start packaging and while doing all this I'm constantly on the phone talking to my suppliers making new ones and finding better quality products.

And for the US if u use USPS u can schedule a free pickup using there all and it's as simple as pushing a button and no more crazy postal workers to deal with

I just started using this service and it's absolutely great and a load off not having to worry which nut is working , is it the one that always wants me to separate New York and Florida from the other States, is it the crazy one that if u even waiver over the line before called up to the desk he flips out, but I do have my one post office that I pick up pretzels and donuts and they are great , but by having them pick up the packages I can use that 50 mins to an hour working on somethin else

And with pick ups ur shipping times should be great , and if u can offer free shipping do it especially while u are on a sort of probation and if ur able to ship priority do it, I'm lucky all my products fit in any size flat rate priority box and my profits are large enough to absorb the cost

But never give up on a account , I'm just realizing after reinstating one account that asked for a lot of info and 2 weeks later a limitation on a Paypal that took 4 hours to restore , that it's not impossible

user3657 10-10-2013 09:33 PM

I would look at ways to bump up those ratings fast. If that ment losing a few bucks and sending the shipments expedited, go for it. This is easily fixable.

I would also put in a plan that will get shipments out that day or first thing in the morning the next day.

GreenBean 10-11-2013 05:20 AM

Affirmative action is needed stat.

GhostWhoWalks 10-11-2013 06:21 AM

Buyers can be real idiots at times. I had a customer from Canada complain that my products took 12 days to get to them! When it clearly says 14 days to 21 days to Canada!

Idiots!

Got to love those Aussi buyers who file a claim after 4 days of not getting their items!

But some people don't even read auctions, they ask me questions about things that are already in the auctions. It seems that buyers on ebay have less of an IQ then the workers for ebay.

GreenBean 10-11-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks (Post 493885)
Got to love those Aussi buyers who file a claim after 4 days of not getting their items!

They do that for domestic delivery too. ugh.

scotch 10-11-2013 11:18 AM

I feel sellers are at disadvantage, If the buyer can't read its not our problem. Buyers should be allowed to rate shipping length after the stated period in the Shipping & Payment tab.

Two questions to all, in regards to the stealth account.
1. Can you really do high volume sales on eBay via Stealth and high volume money transfer to PayPal and from PayPal to Bank ?
2. Can eBay or PayPal press charges for using stealth ? Let say if the total sales is over 500k via Stealth and they somehow found out.

P.S. I will be getting the stealth book.

rsot 10-11-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotch (Post 493464)
Do you think I can prove my point to eBay T&S team ? Its not my issue that the buyer doesn't read shipping time details. I understand if the item gets delivered past 12 days, its my problem.

eB generally sides with buyers - your explanation could look like an EXCUSE to them and cause the account even more troubles

JamesNorth101 10-11-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotch (Post 493937)
1. Can you really do high volume sales on eBay via Stealth and high volume money transfer to PayPal and from PayPal to Bank ?

This would link the two accounts and may well lead to tears. Better to withdraw via a bank accounts than try to transfer it from one PP to another and then to a bank account.