Weird eBay account suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-21-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Weird eBay account suspension

2 days ago I received an email that my buyer account was restricted for 14 days. So I called eBay to appeal it, no luck, and they even sent me another email to confirm that my buyer account was restricted because too many cases opened (Which is BS. I did not play with buyer protection. all the cases opened have valid reasons. I doubt eBay believe that)
Anyway a day ago, eBay sent me another email saying my account is suspended, due to safety and security issue. called twice no luck at all.
I have another buyer account and seller account, all linked to the same PayPal. These two accounts are more than 2 years old, while the one was suspended was only one month old.
The two other accounts are still running OK now. I can still buy and sell. My selling accounts are Top rated and is in excellent status.
I called to appeal, no luck, and worse is eBay rep told me eventually all my accounts associated with suspended account will be suspended. I asked when is eventually, they did not tell. maybe 1 min, 1 day, 1 month, or 1 year.
This sounds silly to me. I buy and resell on eBay, I don't know why something wrong with it. eBay buyer protection is made to protect buyers, then if I am a buyer I have all the right to use the protection. I d like to see all the items I purchased arrived and as described, but ebay provides such a perfect platform for scammers, and I have to deal with all the item not received and not as described cases, while in the end I was the one to be blamed to open too many cases?
Now sounds more scary is my other accounts are sentenced to death but with uncertain execution date.
Does anybody have the similar situation?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2013

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Weird eBay account suspension

Nope.
Old 10-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

This is how eBay works. It is nothing new. When accounts are linked, which they most likely ARE if you are not familiar yet with stealth techniques, they will all go down when one of them is suspended.

Usually, however, it is a SELLER account that gets suspended. In your case, eBay feels that you may pose a risk as a buyer. They use all sorts of risk modeling techniques to suspend accounts, so you will never know EXACTLY what triggered it. If you press them, they will just give you a generic answer. Once, I asked them flat out what I would have to do to get that information, they told me I would have to get a subpoena...

Stealth is the answer here.
Old 10-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Change your business plan
Old 10-23-2013
Threadstarter  

Change business plan really takes a while and I am not sure if I can find another good source.

My question: since that suspended buyer account and my other account share the same PayPal and address, does it mean the my other accounts will be suspended for sure in the future? or it is another trick from eBay and as long as I do not purchase from those accounts, I will be OK?

I am sure it happens to other people before, and I have seen some people live in this way for months without other accounts suspended. Hope somebody has the same exp can give me a hint.

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-23-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-23-2013

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by badler View Post
My question: since that suspended buyer account and my other account share the same PayPal and address, does it mean the my other accounts will be suspended for sure in the future? or it is another trick from eBay and as long as I do not purchase from those accounts, I will be OK?
I am sure it happens to other people before, and I have seen some people live in this way for months without other accounts suspended. Hope somebody has the same exp can give me a hint.
Not to scare you, but eBay accounts linked by IP address with separate PayPal accounts have been suspended. Start to build new accounts before they hit you.

Yes, it has happened to too many people. You will get people in forum who went through the same ordeal.
Old 10-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Change business plan really takes a while and I am not sure if I can find another good source.
eBay is starting to get stricter with your type of business.. Change your methods

Your accounts are flagged. Be careful
Old 10-23-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
eBay is starting to get stricter with your type of business.. Change your methods

Your accounts are flagged. Be careful
I believe you are right. If I get an extra error on my account I probably get my seller account suspended too.
what do you mean by changing the method?
I know stealth is one way. but it needs years to build a reliable account, and it will be impossible to bypass the PayPal SSN requirement or eBay photo ID requirement
Old 10-23-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
I believe you are right. If I get an extra error on my account I probably get my seller account suspended too.
what do you mean by changing the method?
I know stealth is one way. but it needs years to build a reliable account, and it will be impossible to bypass the PayPal SSN requirement or eBay photo ID requirement
Does not take years.

I build for the future and have for 4 years now but accounts I made this year for my own selling accounts have some crazy limits already on them and a several dont hold pp money any more.

Start with enough accounts to build over time and spread sales.

Dont need to worry about the SSN if you run multiple accounts correctly.
Old 10-24-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Does not take years.

I build for the future and have for 4 years now but accounts I made this year for my own selling accounts have some crazy limits already on them and a several dont hold pp money any more.

Start with enough accounts to build over time and spread sales.

Dont need to worry about the SSN if you run multiple accounts correctly.
thanks for your advice. I did stealth one last year, but just a bit tired of switching between different accounts. u must be very good at management to manage so many accounts lol
i have stay at my current status to see what happen. Hope when time pass by eBay would forget it lol. Stealth will be my last resort, but hope everything goes well
Old 10-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Hope when time pass by eBay would forget it lol. Stealth will be my last resort, but hope everything goes well
Sadly your approach is wrong badler.

1. You can NOT be tired of switching accounts - it saves you on risk of one going down and ALL following.

2. Stealth is not a LAST resort - it's a first and great resort - follow it well and it serves for a lot of protection.

3. eB and pp NEVER forget...wrong approach to hope that.

Anyhow, end decision is yours - lot of success stories with stealth methods
Old 10-29-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Sadly your approach is wrong badler.

1. You can NOT be tired of switching accounts - it saves you on risk of one going down and ALL following.

2. Stealth is not a LAST resort - it's a first and great resort - follow it well and it serves for a lot of protection.

3. eB and pp NEVER forget...wrong approach to hope that.

Anyhow, end decision is yours - lot of success stories with stealth methods
Great points here! Youre right maybe I should really start considering it now. eBay is acting too weird and it would be good to have several backups!
Old 10-29-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Get started right away, don't think that this will just blow over especially since u spoke to a rep and what u were unknowingly doing was turning ur other active accounts in, which may of quite possibly cut the accounts life down even more.

It will happen so , just make accounts and hopefully ur lucky and can get by 2-3 months( real lucky) and by than could have a few accounts that are matured and ready to sell on.

If u rely on this income there's nothing worse than having that cut off completely I and many others been there, go stealth it's the only way
Old 10-29-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I run 15+ account per week and rotate to a brand new batch the following week and continue doing so.

I have a record year of sales this year and the holiday season is not here yet.

Set your goals and put in the effort to reach them.

Once you set up a plan it is really not that hard to switch.

TIP-- Since I run so many accounts per week I run them Sunday to Sunday unless it is an item I can turn 100s of dollars on quickly and then and only then do I use BIN.

If no questions are asked I only have to sign in on Sundays and Mondays to invoice and or print shipping labels.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
badler (11-04-2013), biggunn (10-29-2013)