eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Listed My First Item and Got Suspended! I'm done! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/66451-listed-my-first-item-got-suspended-im-done.html)

webstravel218 10-28-2013 09:27 AM

Listed My First Item and Got Suspended! I'm done!

I did everything correctly new laptop, IP address, new mailing address, etc.
Listed 1 item of Monty Python VHS tapes still wrapped in cellophane for 19.99 free shipping 3 hours later I get an email MC999 I contacted Ebay gave me some song and dance about security reasons but wouldn't give me specifics. I was told I can't buy nor sell on Ebay again! I told them it's not like I put a diamond ring for sell these are VHS tapes. I'm going to create my own website. I'm not relaying on Ebay anymore.
By the way! Love the forum. :-)

ilcarletto 10-28-2013 10:04 AM

Re: Listed My First Item and Got Suspended! I'm done!

Sorry but would be interesting understand what went wrong. Maybe you could give us more details. I guess it is ok for the forum if you leave Ebay and open your own website (don't even think to have the same ammount of income, btw) but i personally would find very interesting, and helpful for the forum, understand where the problem is.

Freakzilla 10-28-2013 10:06 AM

Did you create your new account and immediately start selling?

If so this is the problem.

webstravel218 10-28-2013 10:20 AM

Well, you hit the nail on the head!
That's exactly what happened. I created the account last month and put my first item for sell yesterday. But, on the other hand I helped a friend of mine open up an Ebay account a few months ago and he has never sold on Ebay before and he listed an item shortly after the account was created which was a walkie talkie and he was not suspended.

ilcarletto 10-28-2013 10:25 AM

...em... well "last month" is not immediately... must be something else I guess.

rsot 10-28-2013 12:35 PM

Listing right away has not been my best recommendation - I like to browse and bid for 2 weeks before - that being said, you just let the account sit for 1 month?...what kind of questions did they ask when you called in OP? Odd that you would be blocked right away unless 1) you had a difficult agent or 2) you overtly failed questions....

ilcarletto 10-28-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webstravel218 (Post 498517)
I created the account last month and put my first item for sell yesterday.

even if I am Italian and english/american is not my mother language, this doesn't make any sense. The account was created one month ago and the first item for sale was yesterday... it is about 30 days wait period... there must be something else going in the "linking" direction.

webstravel218 10-28-2013 01:04 PM

Well it doesn't make sense to me either. I asked Ebay specifically why was I suspended? It's not like a put an expensive item up for sell. Again the b/s song and dance about for security reasons and I asked can you specifically tell me what security reasons? The Ebay agent said due to security reasons he couldn't tell me. I'm not going to waste anymore time on this. I have other irons in the fire.

Dmshark25 10-28-2013 01:13 PM

I just think because the holiydays are comming they really don't want that many new accounts selling, it's the busiest time of year , it does make sense, they don't want their reputation hurt from new buyers that don't ship an item or ship out late ,

Everyone's selling game has to keep up a notch during the holiydays , so new sellers may not be what ebay is looking for.

ilcarletto 10-28-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 498576)
I just think because the holiydays are comming they really don't want that many new accounts selling, it's the busiest time of year , it does make sense, they don't want their reputation hurt from new buyers that don't ship an item or ship out late ,

Everyone's selling game has to keep up a notch during the holiydays , so new sellers may not be what ebay is looking for.

on this side of the ocean holyday season will start not so soon but anyway, it is for people to buy stuff, indeed, but in order to get the money to buy stuff people need to work... or sell stuff. Don't understand your point.

GreenBean 10-28-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 498559)
Listing right away has not been my best recommendation - I like to browse and bid for 2 weeks before - that being said, you just let the account sit for 1 month?...what kind of questions did they ask when you called in OP? Odd that you would be blocked right away unless 1) you had a difficult agent or 2) you overtly failed questions....

Dropped your times have you?

Used to be you said 30 days

rsot 10-29-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 498644)
Dropped your times have you?

Used to be you said 30 days

Yes I have long supported 4 weeks - dropped my time in the range of 2-4 weeks now. You're right though - still should recommend the 4 weeks for new ppl here - duly noted.