ebay account suspension help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-08-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Angry ebay account suspension help

guys I been using ebay for years and have over 400 transactions with 100 percent feedback, I wasn't a regular user but in some months I was selling a lot and in some months nothing. I moved to two different houses in last few years but because I wasn't using ebay regularly I didn't notice that my main contact address and details were still the old one however my posting address was the current address.
yesterday I received an email from ebay that my account was block indefinitely because of incorrect contact information.
I spoke to them on phone and explain to them that I forgot to change my address details and I am willing to send any id to prove my current details but they are refusing to accept that basically they are banning me for life for using ebay which I think is unfair is there anything I can do to change their decision or should I say goodbye to ebay thanks for your help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%
Default Re: ebay account suspension help

This is odd to hear that they are unwilling to accept your documents.

You can try calling again to see if you get a different response from another rep.

In parallel, you should also be creating and growing stealth accounts so you don't have this issue going forward.

Best of luck,
The Following User Says Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
limelight (11-08-2013)
Old 11-08-2013
Threadstarter  

what they are saying is that because my main contact address and the phone number which was on that old house and not working is wrong they can't help me despite the fact that my postal address is up to date .
Also I am using one of my mate account from this new address with his permission and that seem to be working fine I am not sure if they will block that one or not I mean I am at new address now I was using the same laptop for both accounts now I am too scare to logon with my mate details just in case they block that's as well although his contact details are different and are correct ?
Old 11-08-2013

Longevity: 67%

Something doesn't quite add up to this story. Your not telling us something
Old 11-08-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Are you saying you use the same laptop for both account including your friend,s account because if that's the case were you did not clear your cookies, web flash cookies and you logged in there's a possibility they can both be linked together but I hope not. What kind of item you sold before you got ban?
Old 11-09-2013
Threadstarter  

basically i had two ebay account one mine and one was of my mate i didn't use my mate account for long time until recently i start using it and start selling some stuff from his account with his permission from the same laptop i was clearing the cookies and history everytime i was loging in and out although some time system did mix them up his address details are up to date but his account don't have my address details where i was posting the stock
It was all going well then i sold a preorder game from my account normally i was using my account for the most expensive item like dvds and landline phones because of high feedback i posted the pre order game on the day of release by royalmial sign for but buyer didn't get the game the next day due to royal mail the buyer contact the ebay and i received the email form ebay that the buyer has contact them for my information casue it was few months ago so the buyer didn't have my user id i suppose then he opened the case against me for product not received which i replied with the tracking reference at that i did notice that my address and contact number are incorrect but casue it was going through ebay and my email i didn't change anything next morning my account suspended although i can use my friend account with no problem.
i sold mostly toys,landline phones which were new and i had the prood for purchase for all of them
Old 11-11-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Why say goodbye to ebay?

Dont let them get you down with their ways.

Time to do even more.

Get several stealths up and running and sell even more and make even more money.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
r00tk3y (11-11-2013)
Old 11-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Agree with understanding stealth and making backup accounts.

As for trying to save this account, try again for a more understanding agent - be clear but professional. If you fail, try in 30 days, 60 days, and so on. eB can be bit tough to surmount these bannings but offer the documentation - perhaps you will be ok.

As for your mate's account....sounds like you are linked up.
Old 11-11-2013

Longevity: 73%

Ebay banned me a while ago, so I setup a stealth and got back on man, I did lose that stealth account, but that was because I was selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff. Don't let them win, there just a website, and like everything this world you can outsmart them. But, anyhow, I do have a question for you, and I just keep this stuff in the back of my mind for future reference, did they send something to your house and expect you to reply to it? How did they know you didn't update your address?
Old 11-12-2013
Threadstarter  

i sold some pre order games dvd and I post them on the day of release one of the buyer didn't get them on the next day due to some posting problem by the royal mail instead of emailing me he contact ebay and ask for my information and he also open a case for not receiving the item.
I receive the email from ebay that that user has request for my information I replid to the buyer through the resolution process providing him with the deliveries details but he didn't realize that my contact address and phone number is incorrect and I need to change them next day ebay block the account indefinitely although my postage send and receive address were correct on ebay.
My mate account is use to be working fine the only think they can link us is ip address which I can't change at the moment the only thing I am doing is using his account from a new user id from the same lap top
Old 11-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelight View Post
i sold some pre order games dvd and I post them on the day of release one of the buyer didn't get them on the next day due to some posting problem by the royal mail instead of emailing me he contact ebay and ask for my information and he also open a case for not receiving the item.
Ah the pre-order affair...know of it - I used to message buyers in advance in case of possible day or so delay...
Old 11-12-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Ah the pre-order affair...know of it - I used to message buyers in advance in case of possible day or so delay...
yes but it wasn't late in my case I post it on the day of release but they didn't deliver it next day and the buyer contacted the ebay instead of emailing me