eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Changing IP Addresses (got it changed but got a question) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/673-changing-ip-addresses-got-changed-but-got-question.html)

omair8 07-02-2007 01:16 AM

Changing IP Addresses (got it changed but got a question)

Hey guys I just saw this site today and decided to join the forums. Anyways, I got suspended on ebay a long time ago. I then created a new account and that account got suspended. I now know why that account got suspended lol. Anyways a cousin of mine created another account that me and him both share but it has all of his personal information on the account. Okay i did something stupid today. Before I came across this site I logged on to my second ebay account that got suspended and sent ebay an e-mail. After that i logged on to my other ebay account, the one where both me cousin and I share. I then came across this site and read that ebay tracks IP addresses. At this point i was freaked out because I thought im going to get suspended again. I quickly changed my ip address and logged in to our account again. Is there still a chance that this account can get suspended?

aspkin 07-02-2007 02:40 AM

Sadly you'll probably lose it within a week.

omair8 07-02-2007 03:21 PM

oh great... time for a new account then:mad:

likethemapples 07-03-2007 04:36 AM

Omair,

Do keep us posted please! I am a true believer of the forum and its scriptures...but I (personal unfounded guess) somehow don't believe they'd ban an account for having the same IP.

I don't want to get laughed at, but wouldn't it be eillegal for ebay to pull such a stunt?

What do the experts say about MAC addresses? Besides IPs and Cookies, is there any other known way to track a PC?

Chris Hanson 07-03-2007 10:15 AM

You will not get banned based on only a Ip address. Now if some of the same information matches both accounts and you have similiar auction style and items, yes, you probably will get suspended.

omair8 07-03-2007 04:22 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. No, both accounts have totally different information and the account had that been suspended has not seen any items listed for sale at all. So the information of both accounts are completely different and the new account has its own listings that are brand new and never listed on any other account before. I'm in the process of creating a new ebay account, i followed all of aspkin's steps, i'm just waiting to receive my virtual credit card and then i can go from there. I have a feeling the account my cousin and I share will be suspended which is why I'm already at work to create another account.