Please Help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-02-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Unhappy Please Help

Hello Everyone, I have been on ebay for years with two accounts. I stoped using one and concentrated on the other which had feedback in the thousands with only three negatives. It took alot of work to get me that far.
My son, who is an adult, and doesn't live with me, stole my account and changed all the information. He listed several items on and didn't send them. I never new anything about this because I never checked the account or the email address. Well, he was suspended for seller non-performance, and so was I.
I trying emailing ebay many times telling them that I was a victim of account thef even though it was taken by my son. It seems that it doesn't matter, the accounts were related.
Aside from the fact that I can't believe he would disrespect me like that, I don't know how I should go about starting another account. I am learning about IP addresses and I called Verizon and was told that the addresses change every month. I don't know if I can believe it. I spoke to someone else at Verizon and was told if I cancel my account and start another I will have another IP Address. Then I read that if I use dial up I can't be tracked.
I also am trying a trial version of Hide ID Platinum, I downloaded it but how do I know if it is running?
Can I log into my old account and start a new account and still be safe?oCan someone help me? Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-02-2007

Longevity: 99%

Hi Ruby, sorry to hear about that. Someone will come along with more information soon, but if I were you, I would not use anything to hide your ID or a proxy. I hear they're bad for business, ebay doesn't like them and will suspend you if you use them. That's what I hear. I don't use them. As for the rest, please check the main stickee that relates to account creation and how to keep your account. I don't have the link handy right now, but it's at the top. You'll see it. As for changing your IP, I use dialup and it changes every time, but I hear you can change this yourself as well if you're not on dial-up. Again, other users will show you how.

Always remember to clear your cache and cookies every time. Do NOT log into a suspended account. Just forget it ever existed. Act like you're new, go to the register section and do NOT use the same address or user name when you're registering. Make something up, and fudge your address a little. When you put on a card, that will have to match your address so don't change too much.

I'd recommend reading around the group for a while until you get more the feel of it. Then try to re-register. The guide Aspkin provides is invaluable information! I highly recommend--no demand--that you read it immediately!

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. Feel free to ask any more questions. You'll no doubt have some.
Old 07-02-2007
Threadstarter  

Oh Jack, Thanks for the kinds words and support. I really appreciate it. I do have a few more questions. I don't know how to work around paypal. Do I need to start a new paypal account? I read that ebay and paypal accounts shouldn't be linked. If I don't link them, how do buyers make payment? Also, if I don't link how do I make paypal shipping labels? Ruby
Old 07-02-2007
Threadstarter  

He was selling some posters and ebay did take the money from his paypal account. So the buyers were refunded. What gets me mad is ebay did notify the original account that it was on probation but I stopped using that account, so I didn't know. Since both the accounts were linked,. they should have notified both of them. I would have known there was a problem and fixed it. Ebay should notify all linked accounts when there is a problem with one. They sure didn't waste anytime notifying both accounts when they were suspended.
Old 07-02-2007

Longevity: 99%

No need to open up a new paypal account if you don't need to. That's just more trouble and work. You don't have a negative balance or limited account--like mine unfortunately currently--do you? If the answer's no, just add the email to your current paypal account--no need to make it primary. You won't have a linked account unless you ask ebay to do this (in your paypal/ebay preferences). Just supply the email address to your auctions, and they'll send payment there. Simple. Can't help you with the shipping labels--I use a different shipping agent. Hope it helps. Jack