eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   3 Ebay accounts went down -- diagnose needed (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/68343-3-ebay-accounts-went-down-diagnose-needed.html)

moomooj 12-19-2013 01:08 PM

3 Ebay accounts went down -- diagnose needed

In the last few days 3 of my ebay accounts were either suspended or restricted indefinitely. 2 of the accounts are old, 1 is relatively new. The newer one was the first to go. Called ebay yesterday, apparently the issue is linking -- "using the same computer". I've been doing stealth accounts for a while, used totally different bank, cc info for each. Using VZAccess Manager with iphone to tether IP address. And use different user account for each set of PP and ebay on one laptop. What did I miss that made them to link all accounts back to the same computer? Please advise.

qadaora4u 12-19-2013 01:22 PM

Re: 3 Ebay accounts went down -- diagnose needed

Did you use same pictures? Did you remove exif data from the pictures? They can link you through pictures

moomooj 12-19-2013 01:24 PM

The photos are different for each account, but taken with one iphone. No, I don't remove exif data.

I agree the exif data can serve as evidence of accounts belong to the same person. However, I speculate there is something else that red flagged before ebay actively checked on the photos.

Is it possible that it's the VZ Accesss manager? I check IP before logging onto ebay, they are always different, however slightly.

MM78 12-19-2013 01:47 PM

iPhone pictures that are not cleared of the data is a big thing, I'm pretty sure that's what got you. Also are you logging your IP changes, and making sure you don't get repeat IP's across multiple accounts?

JamesNorth101 12-19-2013 02:13 PM

Use a program like batchpurifier to clean out your EXIF data. Very important.

rsot 12-19-2013 03:03 PM

Are your listings similar too? Definitely can link like that too.

GreenBean 12-19-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qadaora4u (Post 512796)
Did you use same pictures? Did you remove exif data from the pictures? They can link you through pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 512829)
Are your listings similar too? Definitely can link like that too.

Already mentioned earlier in the thread.

Issue may also be VZ Accesss manager. The IP range is not differing enough to fool ebay.

Notice what was said in another post by the OP:
Quote:

Originally Posted by moomooj (Post 512798)
Is it possible that it's the VZ Accesss manager? I check IP before logging onto ebay, they are always different, however slightly.

:juggle:

moomooj 12-19-2013 05:02 PM

Thanks guys for all the great info. The eBay representative said specifically "same computer", would it be possible for them to see the MAC address even using different user accounts?

And also, is there an alternative for VZaccess manager?

GreenBean 12-19-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moomooj (Post 512886)
Thanks guys for all the great info. The eBay representative said specifically "same computer", would it be possible for them to see the MAC address even using different user accounts?

And also, is there an alternative for VZaccess manager?

As of today, it is not confirmed ebay 'see' the MAC address.

However, it is known that ebay,paypal & amazon look for SIMILARITIES.....

Have a think of those accounts and see what is 'common'.

I would consider a dongle or tethering personally. Again ebay perceives VZaccess as a seller with (maybe) something to hide

:juggle:

MM78 12-19-2013 05:16 PM

Why are you using VZaccess manager? If your tethering then you just connect straight to your iphone.

pyang2 12-19-2013 05:53 PM

What did you sell? Even the accounts are linked, eBay shouldn't suspend you if your sales is normal right? There has to be something that makes the account bad in the first place and then gets other accounts bad too.

moomooj 12-19-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 512890)
Why are you using VZaccess manager? If your tethering then you just connect straight to your iphone.

I used to have a blackberry and that was the way to access hot spot. I never though of accessing hot spot directly through Iphone. Will definitely give it a try.

moomooj 12-19-2013 07:04 PM

So I contacted ebay about 5 times for all three accounts on different days. At the end of each phone call the representatives all said to look into "prostores" and gave a brief description of the site. Almost sounded like a sales pitch. I'm wondering if ebay is deliberately pushing sellers there. Anyways, thanks guys for all the invaluable tips!

Omgoozle 12-28-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moomooj (Post 512911)
At the end of each phone call the representatives all said to look into "prostores" and gave a brief description of the site. Almost sounded like a sales pitch. I'm wondering if ebay is deliberately pushing sellers there. Anyways, thanks guys for all the invaluable tips!

eCommerce Solutions for Your Web Storefront | ProStores

Looks like an ecommerce solution for sellers to use on their private websites.

Basically he's telling you that you're not allowed to sell on ebay, but you should get an eBay-related subscription to keep giving them money after they've kicked you off.

Awesome. I flipping hate this company. I have no idea how they are still here.