eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Should I close main ebay account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/6873-should-i-close-main-ebay-account.html)

vipers1999 09-02-2008 06:42 PM

Should I close main ebay account

I have been selling on ebay for ages and this past month been bombarded with many bad feedbacks (none of the buyers contacted us to solve the issues). This has drastically brought my buyer satisfaction down to needs work and just today it turned poor (not sure why, I havent received a bad feedback in a week). My 2nd account is currently in good standing and I know if I get suspended on my main account that account will follow. Would it be a better idea to manually shut down my main account before this happens? I have not been warned yet on the main account but I know that ebay can just cut you off with no warning. I am also going to purchase the stealth book tonight and read it backwards and forwards to prepare for the worst. For the past few months I have been going crazy with these new strict ebay rules and just want to be in piece already and sell like the good old ebay days.

digitaliz 09-02-2008 06:47 PM

Good old days are probably gone, but you are correct to assume that your account can go down at anytime without any warning and being prepared for the worst is the best solution.

aspkin 09-02-2008 07:45 PM

It's probably best to leave your main account alone for a month or two and work either on your second account or start work on a new account using eBay Stealth.

Jonas 09-02-2008 07:57 PM

If the account is neg bombed, then quit selling on it and use another.

If the account avoids getting suspended you can use it again. If it's a minor thing, then building feedback up will solve it.

If it's major then no matter how low your rating the account will be good again in 12 months when the percentage and DSRs reset as long as it's not suspended.

Closing the account usually requires a wait of some months or 45 days or whatever it was so you'd have to wait on that, too.

vipers1999 09-02-2008 09:06 PM

What I actually did is remove about 300 listings of the problem product which generated worse feedback so I can revise the listings to make them more clear. I'm taking my time adding them back because of the chance of suspension. I'm hoping I make it through this hurdle but if not there is always ebay stealth. A business partner of mine was just suspended and he has been on since the beginning with almost 10,000 feedback. His 30 day buyer satisfaction rate was actually in the low 4's so i have no clue why they terminated him. I can't understand what the upper management is thinking. I mean the stock is at an all time low. If Donahue just said hey lets restore everything back to the way it was in 2004 and just improve the interface, add needful features and just make the site better in positive ways, would the stock be that low today??