eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   New Member Seeking Advice (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/70186-new-member-seeking-advice.html)

sillytally69 02-10-2014 08:28 PM

New Member Seeking Advice

I decided to register in hopes of finding guidance.

not only am I a new member on this website, but on eBay as well. I started my account about a month ago, mainly to make purchases, but about a week or so ago I began to list items as well. within that first week I listed 10 items and out of the 10 I sold 9 for approximately $300 total. I went on yesterday to list more and found out my account has a restriction on the number of items I'm allowed to post because I do not have an established account.

ultimately my questions to those of you who take the time to read this are

1. should I wait out the remainding time I have until I can list more items, and slowly gain credibility as a seller in the traditional way or is investing in an account that has already been established a wiser decision?
2. what are the pros/cons most commonly associated with both taking the time to build credibility on my own and taking the quick way out by purchasing an exisiting account?

I really appreciate the time you've taken if you've read this, and I'm even more grateful for those of you who reply. I'm new to this, so I apologize if I'm asking questions that seem elementary for this forum.

rocketman 02-14-2014 08:42 PM

Re: New Member Seeking Advice

Option one: You will not be able to list more items unless you been selling on ebay constantly for at least 3 months and then they will raise your limit.

Option two: If the ebay account is in your real information and you never been suspended before on ebay then you can verify your information with ebay and they will raise your limit.

Option Three: If ebay account is a stealth account because you will not give your information to ebay because you go suspended before, and you cant raise your limit, your best choice is to open more ebay accounts and keep all cookies/ IPS separate from all ebay accounts.

For more information you should checkout the ebaystealth guide from apskin.

Good Luck.

shani1212 02-14-2014 09:05 PM

Rocketman is right about ebay raising limits. In addition to raising limit, you also have to wait 90 days for limit to increase. Ebay will look into your DSR if all is good then they will raise your limit

GreenBean 02-14-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shani1212 (Post 528644)
Rocketman is right about ebay raising limits. In addition to raising limit, you also have to wait 90 days for limit to increase. Ebay will look into your DSR if all is good then they will raise your limit

Not a given that ebay wil raise limits automatically.

Few posts around where sellers have gone over the 90 days without limit increases.

pokerpro 02-16-2014 10:24 AM

My 4th stealth account just turned 90 days old and has seen no limit increase yet. The other 3 all were at 5K before their 90 day birthday. People say it over and over here, it's pretty random and just luck of the draw...I have found in stealth, patience is paramount.

ricardosway8 02-16-2014 04:18 PM

If your account info is real you can contact ebay to have your selling limit increase, if your account as stealth info the best and only way to avoid the 10 item per month selling limit is to make multiple eBay accounts and spread your sales. Over a time once you keep selling on the accounts and build a good track record the limits will increase. All the best

Speeder33 02-17-2014 05:55 AM

opening up multiple accounts is the way to go, worse case scenario is that you make too many and you have back-ups for the future

xxbossman111 02-19-2014 09:41 PM

I agree with pokerpro same here i have 10 account on 2 had limit raised after 60 days one account is 5 months old an limit still 10/1000

a.v.limited 02-23-2014 12:47 PM

as long as you hit your limits each month am sure it will expediate a limit increase. If you don't meet your limit it will take longer

GreenBean 02-23-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a.v.limited (Post 531379)
as long as you hit your limits each month am sure it will expediate a limit increase. If you don't meet your limit it will take longer

Please, you are making inaccurate statements AGAIN.

Read the threads regarding USA accounts before making yet more faulty statements.

Not all USA ( & Canadian) accounts get limits increased even though the seller is listing the maximum allowed monthly.

It is not a given that this will happen. Some users here have reported no increases after many months of trading.

:mad:

a.v.limited 02-23-2014 05:24 PM

yes agreed but do you not agree you have more chance on a limit increase by selling up to your allowance rather than 1 item a month ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 531438)
Please, you are making inaccurate statements AGAIN.

Read the threads regarding USA accounts before making yet more faulty statements.

Not all USA ( & Canadian) accounts get limits increased even though the seller is listing the maximum allowed monthly.

It is not a given that this will happen. Some users here have reported no increases after many months of trading.

:mad:

GreenBean 02-23-2014 06:13 PM

Maybe something got lost here.

Seasoned North American sellers are selling to their permitted limits montly.

No increases are happening.

MM78 02-24-2014 01:45 AM

Limit Increases are sometimes random a.v.limited, some accounts MAY get an increase but there is zero guarantee. As Greenie mentioned, some people have been selling for months with not 1 increase.