Additional Help for Extra Topics Not Covered in the Book. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-13-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Additional Help for Extra Topics Not Covered in the Book.

Hello everyone!
I am a newbie on this forum and just joined today, so I'll start the introductions.

A little about myself,

I am an experienced seller on Ebay and an ex-powerseller. However, like everyone else on this forum, I became victim of the Ebay/Paypal Monopoly and had my account closed due to…I honestly still have no idea today.

I am very grateful to have found a website dedicated to one of my biggest personal dilemmas, only to realize Ebay/Paypal had spawned an entire army of revolutionary sellers who are sick of the high fees, "live help", but most of all, the spontaneous suspensions.

Since then, I have opened many Ebay/Paypal accounts only to have them closed one after the other.
Recently, I have bought and read Askpin’s Ebook and was very impressed with the overwhelming information (That Ebay and Paypal had on me) that I did not know about…no wonder all my Ebay accounts were linked within a few months time and closed.
I am ready to open my first account under Askpins guidance, I am quite confident that I will not be linked if I do everything correctly and those dreaded MC055 INV Notices will become a thing of the past.

However, I still have some UNANSWERED questions that I’m hoping my fellow knowledgeable forum members will help me answer.

Assumed (Sign-Up) Information

1.) Is a virtual addresses ( non-accessible, indirect consent) safe for JUST SELLING with no intention to buy on Ebay or receive anything in the mail? I don’t recall any confirmation procedure concerning the actual physical address (unless it’s a reinstatement process with Utility Bill) so I was wondering if a preferably “Non-Accessible” Virtual Address (with nice house #, street name) would be recommended instead of a P.O. Box (which I understand Paypal/Ebay looks down upon very much and will be much more likely to suspect).

2.) Are virtual (forwarded #s) safe and undetectable by Ebay? I’ve heard some DOs and DONTs with forwarded numbers...

3.) Regarding transferring $ to the bank account, I would assume it would be recommended to use a variation of my FIRST name and the SAME last name? (IE: REALNAME: William Brown EBAY/PAYPAL NAME: Billy Brown). Reason I ask this is I don’t want any red flags going off on my bank account when deposits from PayPal arrive for Jose Cuervo, Bruce Wayne, Chee Shong Wuu ….etc

Bank Association

4.) Just verifying, Ebay/Paypal CANNOT see my information on my bank account? That means I can even open a new account online (IE WAMU), under my real information, along with other accounts that have been previously linked with suspended Ebay/Paypal memberships? I've heard contradictory things regarding Paypal having the Bank Account's registered name on file, but I don't know if this is true...Do we have a lawyer in here?

5.) Why is a Savings Account preferred over a Checkings Account when opening one (WAMU) to link with Ebay? Wouldn’t the constant transfer of funds make a Checkings Account more convenient?

6.) What are the steps to remove the $500 Bank Account Transfer limit from Paypal? I know Paypal will force you to sign up for some Premium Business Account with a lot of flab and even more fees, but will doing so reveal more information on me and put my PP Account under radar? (I know PP hates it when your funds goes anywhere but another PP account)

Suspension Link through Bank Association/Logins

7.) To confirm your bank account, you may either have Paypal make a deposit OR the much FASTER and EASIER way of logging in your Online Bank Account under Paypal. However, if I have several linked/suspended checking accounts under the same Bank Account Login, can Paypal document the Bank Logins to link suspended users? Once again, do we have a lawyer in here?

Suspension Link through Paypal Transfers

8.) When I finally do open a brand new Paypal account, I need to make a transfer to cover some initial operating costs/fees. Here are the steps I am likely to take....High Risk?

Clear cookies
Go to starbucks, hop on Wifi
Obtain new IP
Login contaminated and linked but unprosecuted previous Paypal account
Transfer $xx to New Paypal Account under …services?
Logout old PayPal account, finish latte
Go home, clear cookies, login new Ebay/Paypal account
Use the funds for initial operating costs/fees *cough* dollar feedback.

Suspension Link through 3rd Party Software/Hardware

9.) Would associating my new Ebay/Paypal with Email Clients such as Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird (that still receive “great values” offers from inDEFINATELY closed Ebay Accounts) give out any information (IP) when I click on Ebay Links? (IE: Responding to Ebay Member Message). What about actually shooting an Ebay Member an email?

10.) Should I refrain from logging in Ebay/Paypal on my mobile phone’s 3G (NOT WIFI) network? (I have done so on many previous occasions with previous Ebay/Paypal accounts)

Possible RED FLAGS to Ebay Suspension/Limitation from listing method

11.) Im guessing it HAS to piss Ebay off if you are HTML savvy (NOT USING AUCTIVA or Turbolister) and overload your $.35 listing with 10 pictures/moving text/a video playing, rather than paying for a “Picture Upload Package" (buy 3 get 1 free!) and a fancy “blue and red blocks” border. Im wondering a “newbie” Ebayer; showing proficient use and capability of HTML Listings would put him/her self under the radar. Can Ebay link a user with a past suspended-user through similar/same HTML code and Picture File?

Off Topic, but grateful for any valued guidance from knowledgeable sellers.

12.) Not really a question, but I’d like some advice for my listing template. The greedy part of me wants to start selling my product in masses as soon as I open my Ebay/Paypal Account, but I know better from reading Askpins Book. This is how I’m planning to list, would greatly appreciate any suggestions/opinions/criticism.

MYSTERY PRODUCT (Small dimensions, Low demand, 3-4 competing sellers MAX, Free shipping)
Duration: 7 Day
Price: $200ish start bid, $300ish buy it now (hoping for quick buys, rather than gaining interest for a bidding war)
Listing # per day: 2, 3 max? Askpin suggested keeping it <$1000 in sales per day
Listing Times: (Caters towards prospective buyers in the PST), Midmorning – Early Afternoon with 4 hour interval between listing (IE: 10:30 and 2:30)
My Advantage over competition: Better Margins, Superior HTML pictures/description (more professional listing overall), very competitive price, free shipping?
My Disadvantage over competition: Competing Established sellers with more feedback.

More about product: Grey Area product, looked down upon to sell, may receive one to two complaints from time to time, but not directly in violation of Ebay/Vero/Law. I’m afraid of sabotage from competing sellers (spamming complaints) but what can I do?

All in all, I would like to thank the members of the Askpin.com and Ebay Suspension community for making a Haven to individuals like myself, helping each other to once again shake hands with the fist that beats and feeds us.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-13-2008
Threadstarter  

I don't expect a member to answer all of my questions (1-12), nonetheless, quoting the question/situation you are very acquainted with a definite answer will be most helpful.

I'm hoping these issues will be covered topics towards Askpin's 2009 edition? :D
Old 09-13-2008

Longevity: 92%

Did you read or skim through the book. The reason is alot has been covered that you asked. Read the forums also as the answers are there. If you really want to get back on, you have to do a little leg work to do it correctly. Also, a modee one on one would help you alot in this case.
Old 09-13-2008
Threadstarter  

I did read through the entire book. I'm not asking general questions that have been covered in the book, but rather specific aspects that may arise a possible conflict.

With all respect, did you read or skim through my questions?
Old 09-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What is with the lack of manners these days? None of you are so damn perfect that you can not TRULY HELP EACH OTHER
ebaystrikesback, the forum and the book have a wealth of knowledge for all of us. But most of your questions are relative to specialized knowledge. Your twelve questions are an overload: tech. help is available. I suggest you consider using it.
Old 09-13-2008

Longevity: 91%

I know that searching through all the sections of the forums and all the threads contained in the various sections seems a little daunting. Let me give you a little search tip to make things easier (I think it's easier, anyway). Try using Google to search for more in depth answers to your questions. Using Google to search the aspkin forum allows you to use all the nifty Google parameters like quotation marks, plus and minus signs, and the like.

For instance - Google search (using the site: parameter): site:aspkin.com +"virtual address" for just +selling
If, after you've done further searching, you still have some questions, we'll be happy to help you.
Old 09-13-2008
Banned

Basically all you have to do is sit down and read the forum but I'll answer your question very briefly. This is what I do.

1. Just use a bogus address close to your own home. Choose a shopping mall as a adress to use.

2. Use tollfreeforwarding or gotvmail.com. Better yet just buy a tracfone from radioshack or walmart.

3. No need to use Paypal. Use ccnow which accepts Paypal on your behalf. Read ccnow threads made by member ebayhateluv. Just link a verified Paypal account to your eBay account and then use ccnow from the back door.

4. No Paypal cannot see whose name is on your bank account.

5. Saving account and checking account it doesn't really matter. Saving accounts are recommended.

6. You can remove the limit by a Simon gift account. But then again why even use Paypal when you have other option which do not freeze your money at any given time.

7. Just choose the option of the two small deposits. WAMU works like a charm.

8. No need to transfer money to your Paypal account. You could simply pay your eBay fees by the Simon gift account or by mailing in a cashiers check.

9. Simply log in to each email address specific to your eBay accounts. There will be no worries of linking so don't by doing the above.

10. Yes you should refrain from doing so because you'll still have the same ip adress if the same mobile device is used to log into several ebay/Paypal accounts. You'll get linked and suspended if you do so.

11. Just to be on the safe side don't use anything from a previous account. Use basic eBay listing formats and then use HTML after your account ages.

Hope this helps
Old 09-13-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
What is with the lack of manners these days? None of you are so damn perfect that you can not TRULY HELP EACH OTHER
I apologize for my apparent display of poor manners, I’d greatly appreciate it if you’d be so kind to point out where I may have made the offending statement. I will be compelled to remove/edit the remark at once. I'm here to be helped and help others, not to make enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
ebaystrikesback, the forum and the book have a wealth of knowledge for all of us. But most of your questions are relative to specialized knowledge. Your twelve questions are an overload: tech. help is available. I suggest you consider using it.
On the contrary GreenBean, I'll have to politely disagree with you.
I acknowledge my questions pertain to more specific and defined issues not covered in the comprehensive and generalized topics of the book.
However, these very same issues are likely to be the scenarios faced by several other forum members like myself.

I had taken the time to exemplify such circumstances and post it on the suspension forum as to benefit everybody who views it. I don’t think it would be very rational to imply that I had not taken the time to search the forum/book for my questions, but rather written an “overload of 12 specific questions”.

I apologize that you find my inquiries too specific and my questions too excessive.

Last edited by ebayerstrikesback; 09-13-2008 at 03:12 AM.
Old 09-13-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by John14789 View Post
Basically all you have to do is sit down and read the forum but I'll answer your question very briefly. This is what I do.

1. Just use a bogus address close to your own home. Choose a shopping mall as a adress to use.

2. Use tollfreeforwarding or gotvmail.com. Better yet just buy a tracfone from radioshack or walmart.

3. No need to use Paypal. Use ccnow which accepts Paypal on your behalf. Read ccnow threads made by member ebayhateluv. Just link a verified Paypal account to your eBay account and then use ccnow from the back door.

4. No Paypal cannot see whose name is on your bank account.

5. Saving account and checking account it doesn't really matter. Saving accounts are recommended.

6. You can remove the limit by a Simon gift account. But then again why even use Paypal when you have other option which do not freeze your money at any given time.

7. Just choose the option of the two small deposits. WAMU works like a charm.

8. No need to transfer money to your Paypal account. You could simply pay your eBay fees by the Simon gift account or by mailing in a cashiers check.

9. Simply log in to each email address specific to your eBay accounts. There will be no worries of linking so don't by doing the above.

10. Yes you should refrain from doing so because you'll still have the same ip adress if the same mobile device is used to log into several ebay/Paypal accounts. You'll get linked and suspended if you do so.

11. Just to be on the safe side don't use anything from a previous account. Use basic eBay listing formats and then use HTML after your account ages.

Hope this helps
Wow, appreciate the concise but very informative answers. You have been most accommodating good sir, thank you!
Old 09-13-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
I know that searching through all the sections of the forums and all the threads contained in the various sections seems a little daunting. Let me give you a little search tip to make things easier (I think it's easier, anyway). Try using Google to search for more in depth answers to your questions. Using Google to search the aspkin forum allows you to use all the nifty Google parameters like quotation marks, plus and minus signs, and the like.

For instance - Google search (using the site: parameter): site:aspkin.com +"virtual address" for just +selling
If, after you've done further searching, you still have some questions, we'll be happy to help you.
Thanks for the search tips! I will use them to my advantage
Old 09-13-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Ahh, I was just about to PM you actually. I've heard great things, however its very late in SoCal at the moment, I will contact you tomorrow morning.
Old 09-13-2008
Banned

If you got any other specific question, you will down the line, I highly recommend Modee!