eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Mc999 (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/71171-mc999.html)

ebazstealth 03-11-2014 03:01 PM

Mc999

I thought I had a good understanding of stealth. Set up account last week and attached my fully verified paypal. Posted my first item on Sunday, checked on it today (logged IP's, etc), had some bids and an hour later got the MC999 email. Called in and was told that all new accounts get this, verified my info, and transferred me to another department. They told me that my info could not be verified in the public database and that I would either need to give additional addresses or utility bill. This is a UPS store address. How can I get past this?

Speeder33 03-11-2014 03:19 PM

Re: Mc999

What were you selling? What was the price of the item? Important to learn what went wrong so you can avoid future problems

ebazstealth 03-11-2014 03:29 PM

It was a pre-owned hoodie (name brand kids size). Thought I would start with something that wouldn't raise flags. Have separate user id's on computer, don't clear cookies, use a dongle and record ip's. Can't figure out what happened. Awfully strange that the MC999 came about an hour after I checked the auction though, even though the rep said the address never passed validation from when I set it up last week.

bjammin 03-11-2014 03:32 PM

I can not help you on the why it happened. But I also got one of these last week. I have got an email an hour after listing on a brand new, fresh out of the oven, account. I noticed that it said I could call 24 hrs a day. So I called at about 11pm EST. I think all the hard arses work normal hours. I do not know if the time I called made a difference, but I know me and the EB rep shared a laugh and my account was ready to go.

Speeder33 03-11-2014 03:44 PM

This mc999 does happen on new accounts when you list too quickly after making a seller account. Usually they ask you simple questions, but sometimes they will ask you database questions. You can either try to send in a utility bill or make a new account.

ebazstealth 03-11-2014 03:48 PM

Yeah, that's my problem. No utility bill. Account made on the 6th, listed first item on 9th after doing some browsing. Not enough time?

keepongoing 03-11-2014 04:49 PM

ditch the account and start over.

this is not normal for new accounts to get the mc notice.

it does happen but I have had accounts with no such issues right from the beginning.

trust me not normal the account is flagged and yes some may be able to get around it eventually but go get another pp and start over not worth the headache in my opinion.

GreenBean 03-11-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keepongoing (Post 536159)
this is not normal for new accounts to get the mc notice.

I disagree. ebay have been handing out MC999 for new accounts since last November/December.

Have you not read the forum about this?

:heh:

ebazstealth 03-11-2014 05:35 PM

Well, I was fully expecting the MC999. Just didn't expect the problem with address validation. I think it's BS. They wanted me to give them a previous address. How the h*ll would a previous address validate the address I on my account?? They are liars. Something went wrong somewhere. I just need to figure out where I went wrong so I don't do it again.

GoteBay 03-11-2014 05:40 PM

You listed too soon. If you list a non-risky item using auction, that may fly without problems. "Buy It Now", have caused an MC999 before.

I usually wait at least a few weeks before listing on a new account.

You can start afresh, but DO NOT LIST TOO FAST.

ebazstealth 03-11-2014 05:49 PM

Did not use the buy it now option on this. But chances are listing too fast. I need some stealth discipline. Too eager to get going I guess.

keepongoing 03-11-2014 06:08 PM

I have used since nov and read about it, never got one

keepongoing 03-11-2014 06:09 PM

also I used BIN too and never got one, it surely is possible, I did not think it was common.

if it is normal, then that is def. new to me I have setup accounts around that time period and it was smooth right out the gate for them.

should he continue with these accounts ? I would say start over and hope for a smooth transition in.

the fact they are asking for previous addresses seems odd and off the norm...

gonzoman 05-03-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speeder33 (Post 536141)
This mc999 does happen on new accounts when you list too quickly after making a seller account. Usually they ask you simple questions, but sometimes they will ask you database questions. You can either try to send in a utility bill or make a new account.

I received an mc99 three days ago right after listing an item on an account
that was about 34 days old. Did I have to wait longer before listing?
They gave me some databases question, then asked for utility etc.
Name and address were real. DOB didn't match. I suspect it was the reason,
because I don't see any other reason for that. Item listed was not risky.

pokerpro 05-03-2014 12:04 PM

I'm curious, when you called in, did you get a rep here in the U.S., or were you talking with someone is Asia?

lolzcat 05-03-2014 01:46 PM

They always ask for previous address if they can't find you in the public database. Just tell them you haven't lived in the country long. Works sometimes.

gonzoman 05-04-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerpro (Post 550373)
I'm curious, when you called in, did you get a rep here in the U.S., or were you talking with someone is Asia?

Did you addressed your question to me? if yes, than the answer is yes
it was a US rep.

gonzoman 05-04-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolzcat (Post 550387)
They always ask for previous address if they can't find you in the public database. Just tell them you haven't lived in the country long. Works sometimes.

My plan is not to even get to the point where I get 0 and 0 limits. I think I
have a better understanding now on what to do from here in order to avoid it.
I will have to experiment.

BerryBlue 05-05-2014 10:21 AM

I suggest letting your acct age a couple of weeks and have a couple of feedback first before listing and selling.

gonzoman 05-05-2014 12:50 PM

It was about 35 days old. But yes, there weren't any feedback
since I haven't made any purchase. This is another issue that I
have seen debated in the forum. Some start to sell with 0 feedback
with no issue. I really think it was the name verification that brought
it down. Had it been named-addressed verified I think I would be clear,
but not 100% sure as I haven't see a direct answer in the forum regarding
that. I messed up with that part for sure.

exxomscp 05-05-2014 10:30 PM

I've had a slight headache regarding these MC999's.. My stealth account information seems to be put at risk quick enough. Most of the time they don't really give me a hard time, but I hate calling in and wasting time on the phone for pretty much just this; there was one point where I had to wait literally an hour. When trying to create many accounts to fall back on, this is getting very ridiculous. Wish I could avoid it altogether, but I can't seem to do so at the moment..

Is anyone else now getting MC999's instantly when you try to create a seller account? I received the red text notice immediately, without delay; located right before the verify PIN procedure. Never even listed successfully, the item was still left in drafts. I don't think I've ever encountered this before, are they starting to automate this? This was selling in a low risk category as well.

It's squared away OK now, but still, that was strange..

amannamedray 05-08-2014 01:11 AM

I'm curios about this MC999 also. I just started a new stealth account. I tried to list a cell phone case shortly afterwards. I got hit with the MC999. I called in and spoke with a rep. He reinstated the account for me after I answered some questions.

Once reinstated, I put up a few listings. Then, a few days later, I was hit with the big MC999, the one asking for a million documents. The account is stealth so I can't provide any real info to them, so am I correct to assume that this account is done, unusable?

Where did I go wrong? Did I just start listing too fast?