eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Mc999 makes no sense (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/71293-mc999-makes-no-sense.html)

ilovemymac 03-15-2014 10:52 AM

Mc999 makes no sense

Due to legal concerns, devices or software that allow you to reproduce, import, or use unauthorized copies of games aren't allowed on eBay. This includes the following items:
- Boot disks
- Game enhancers
- Mod chips
- Modified game systems
- Softmods
WARNING EBAY LINK
For more information go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/mod-chips.html

Your listing did not include an appropriate and working hardware to comply with our guidelines.
Original equipment manufacturer (OEM), bundled, or recovery software, is included with the purchase of new computer hardware. It is eBay policy that sellers can't list these types of software unless they are selling it with the original hardware.
You may relist the item provided that you follow the guidelines:
- OEM software listings need to include a hard drive, motherboard, or the whole computer appropriate to the item and must be in working condition.
- You also need to state specifically in your listing which hardware you are including.

OK this is weird. im not selling a computer. And i have 3 other things up all varations of the model that got taken down. All are minix boxes. you can see what it is by going to minix.us.
SO why is this one model not ok yet i have been selling it with no issue. I just dont know where they get the modified game console. yea it plays games. So does my iphone but its not a game console.

I took out the one video showing you can game on the x7 and shrunk the listing down a bit. Its like ebay is just looking for something to take it down. My listings on my other items are all almost the same other then a few minor changes for specs to each box.

I want to call but people say they ask personal info. This is a friends who years ago when i made the account let me use his info. He cant call in because he doesnt understand any of this. I have all his info DOB, address, and so forth. he has my wife do his taxes every year so i have any of that info he told me i could use.
Do they ask any other things that would not be included? Like house payment amount, do you have a car payment? I was told that if you sign in to your account and use the call link with the code and then just give name thats all but wasnst sure.

Im still not sure why this listing is taken down when i know i have the right to sell them from minix for 1. and 2 there are tons of other minix x7 on ebay from lots of sellers.

SaiJin 03-16-2014 09:46 PM

Re: Mc999 makes no sense

eBay can take down whatever listing they want even for a ridiculous reason or no reason at all.

Once they do, if you list it again, your account will be flagged and possibly suspended temporarily.

The best thing to do in this situation imho is to let that account rest and use your back up accounts in the mean time.

vogeltron 03-17-2014 04:07 AM

Any kind of electronics are considered high risk by eBay. Even if you try to list Nintendo games from 1990 they are still considered high risk. Its crazy.

rsot 03-17-2014 05:18 AM

Only eB knows exactly why it was not ok to sell these items - anything else is just theories...you may have been reported by competitor or got flagged by words in your titles or your account was new, etc....lot of possibilities

Other sellers might also have knowledge on tips and tricks to keep their postings alive - that takes experience to learn too.

eB can and HAS pulled listings up to 90 days prior

GreenBean 03-17-2014 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemymac (Post 537059)

Im still not sure why this listing is taken down when i know i have the right to sell them from minix for 1. and 2 there are tons of other minix x7 on ebay from lots of sellers.

On what grounds do you know?

Have you the relevant paperwork, approval from the IP rights holder or are you basing this on the fact you have listed before and been OK.

One thing most of us will acknowledge is that ebay will apply rules as they choose. These listings appear victims of this.

:mod:

ilovemymac 03-17-2014 11:04 PM

The issue is its wrong. They keep saying i cant list modified game consoles. Its not a game console. and minix is not reporting me its not a vero They have done it before to me first on the OUYA game system then i got it relished with no more issues. That was my fault though i didnt know then you couldnt advertise the emulators. I mean ebay says you cant list consoles that can play roms however the ouya advertises that emulators are freely available in their store. So why ebay lets any ouya console on their site who knows.

The point is its not saying im listing something that i am and its not allowed. It said 2 things. 1 it was a modified game console and 2. And that im selling oem software without the hardware. Where on earth do they get any kind of oem software? I think someone at ebay is not paying attention and just hitting mc999.
Someone said they got that mc999 but when they called in and explained and clearly pointed out look im selling THIS not what you keep saying. Clearly you are not reading my auction and he pointed out clearly where they were wrong

They told him it was ok to relist and he was correct he was not selling anything against ebay terms. I want to call in but again i dont know what they ask. Someone said not much someone else said they will go to great lengths to verify your identity.

pokerpro 03-18-2014 10:04 PM

They can ask (and have) things like your mother in laws birthday....or your father in laws name....previous address, car loans etc, etc...Not saying they will, but they have to me and my friends before. If you call in, be quick on your feet and steer the conversation away from personal info the second it starts to go in that direction.

ilovemymac 03-21-2014 12:39 PM

How do you steer the convo away from that? I feel like I'm logged into my account and I calling in with that code it gives me and give my name that's good enough I'm not asking to get any privite info I just want to explain why they are wrong. Someone clearly doesn't understand what I'm selling it's ok not expecting them too but it's obvious someone did not even read it.

bruceox1962 03-22-2014 11:02 AM

I have sold vintage game systems and games and have never had any problems.

ilovemymac 03-22-2014 12:21 PM

I dont know what is going on. but they flag things that are legal in every since. They seem to think its some kind of modified game system. I keep wanting to call and tell them what is going on but yea i cant answer personal questions