eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Don't risk it, LISTEN HERE PLZ (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/715-dont-risk-listen-here-plz.html)

likethemapples 07-10-2007 06:36 PM

Don't risk it, LISTEN HERE PLZ

You wanna open 1 or 100 new eBay accounts?

1) Read Aspkin's guide and follow instructions to the 'T'
2) Get a new machine and a different ISP for every account and I don't want to hear it. There is no way around it, it cost me a lot of money to learn that.
  • No Proxies
    No software NIC/IP spoofers
    No AOL
    No NETzero
    will do the job. eBay will get your MAC and your local IP somehow, someday we'll all know how.:confused:

kevinxu 07-10-2007 06:57 PM

is that true?

Chris Hanson 07-10-2007 06:57 PM

I don't know about all that. You can create multiple accounts on 1 computer.

likethemapples 07-16-2007 09:45 PM

Right...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 5321)
I don't know about all that. You can create multiple accounts on 1 computer.

YES AND NO. You try to get banned and open a new account on a new machine with a masked/proxy IP but from the same location and You'll get re-banned in 2 hours if you create a listing.

I found that you can open as many buyer accounts and use them no problem, same IP, same machine, no cookies deleted. The minute you sell something, whole new ballgame.

What about Internet Cafes? your thoughts?

georgesmith 07-16-2007 11:43 PM

aol works awesome for me!

exebayer 07-17-2007 01:05 AM

Hi,

I just did a test to see if AOL proxy actually hide my IP from eBay.
The result is not good, eBay KNOWS my real IP.

Here are the steps you can do to see it for yourself.

Close everthing, delete all cookies, then launch AOL
Type in AOL browse box WhatIsMyIP.com - 74.53.11.194
the result come back as AOL ip (not your real IP). Looks good so far!

Now type eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices in AOL browse box, login to your eBay account, then change your eBay password. After you change the password, eBay will email you saying that the password has been changed.

And in that email, eBay would say the request to change password originate from YOUR REAL IP, and YOUR REAL HOST IP!

Can anyone else confirm this, or confirm otherwise? It's a good thing that I know this now, I already setup many accounts, but I haven't start selling yet!

exebayer

georgesmith 07-17-2007 09:06 AM

Ok I changed my password on my account again, I still get the same info, total ip info. AOL ip and AOL host.

Maybe its because im on a mac :)

Chris Hanson 07-17-2007 03:47 PM

errrgg Macs..lol

likethemapples 07-17-2007 05:41 PM

:( I told you!!!!

Damn macs!

What about kinkos/libraries etc? LOL I can't believe I'm going this far...

I need to start selling on eBay again, illuminate me please. I've had 5 accounts closed. Goerge, you mentioned on another posting about your purchased accounts, how did that go?

exebayer 07-17-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgesmith (Post 5729)
Ok I changed my password on my account again, I still get the same info, total ip info. AOL ip and AOL host.

Maybe its because im on a mac :)

This is interesting! maybe it's not the Mac thing, but the Airport stuff that you are using.

Can any Windows user here confirm if AOL actually hide your IP? thanks.

exebayer

georgesmith 07-17-2007 06:34 PM

You are right it might be the airport thing, its as if the aol client takes over my airport driver or something.

JackNoMore 07-18-2007 03:15 PM

All I use are PC. Can someone confirm that the aol ip mask does not work for PC? If not I'll try something else.

georgesmith 07-18-2007 03:22 PM

Sorry I cant find out since all I have are macs. Though Im sure it will work for pc's if you configure your aol client some way. When you configure it to use your existing internet connection, maybe you can figure something out. Im sure if you use wireless you can just make aol connect to your wireless card and it should work, that is if it doesn't work for you now.

JackNoMore 07-18-2007 03:33 PM

It's a dial-up setup, about as basic as possible. Just the phone connected to the computer, connected to the wall jack. I've had no issues with speed. It's fast enough for basic listing.

georgesmith 07-18-2007 03:59 PM

Oh Im using the aol client through my existing internet connection. No Dialing.

JackNoMore 07-18-2007 05:09 PM

Forgive my ignorance George, but if one is using dial-up, would one dial the connection, get connected and then sign into the aol client to provide the shield? I was under the impression that it was all one step that you dialed into your connection while dialing into aol. I'm a little heat exhausted right now, so it's probably much simpler than my brain is comprehending..

georgesmith 07-18-2007 05:40 PM

I just load up the aol client and connect to aol's servers while im connected to my DSL connection. Since Im not dialing aol's servers, but Im using an "existing internet connection" it just says TCP/IP instead of dialing # and boom im connected to AOL's servers.

If you are on dial-up I think that makes it impossible to connect to AOL unless you use their dial up service. You therefore don't have an existing internet connection to use I think if you have some dialup service. I think the only way to setup the aol client to connect using your existing internet connection is if you have broadband since if you select a modem I think aol automatically wants to dialup not just detect you are already connected.

JackNoMore 07-19-2007 09:24 AM

This thread isn't working right. Test