eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Selling limits have changed on your EB acct (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/71989-selling-limits-have-changed-your-eb-acct.html)

bjammin 04-02-2014 07:29 AM

Selling limits have changed on your EB acct

Here is what my email says:

Based on your account information and activity, it looks like user ID ******** is associated with your account. This usually indicates that both belong to the same person. At this time, you won't be able to sell any additional items with this account because your other account is restricted or otherwise not meeting minimum seller standards.

You won't be able to sell any items with your account until you provide us with additional information. There are 2 ways that you can do this--through My eBay or next time you sell.

Now, this is the messed up part. The account they are associating me with, I have never heard of. It is not my account or anyone that I know. So apparently, I am linked to another account, just not my own!

IPs have a log
Account has separate user ID on computer
Bank acct, vanilla visa, address, phone number...all different

I have not logged this account on in a public hotspot

What would cause a link to an account I do not own?

bigbill 04-02-2014 07:37 AM

Re: Selling limits have changed on your EB acct

Did you purchase off an account seller or make your own?

bjammin 04-02-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willkeelham (Post 541901)
Did you purchase off an account seller or make your own?

The account is homemade

GreenBean 04-02-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjammin (Post 541900)
Here is what my email says:

[I]Based on your account information and activity, it looks like user ID ******** is associated with your account. This usually indicates that both belong to the same person.

What would cause a link to an account I do not own?

This is straight out eBay conjecture or BS......they are not quite sure so they make like they are sure.

They are trying to bluff you....if the account is worth saving then save it

:croc:

bjammin 04-02-2014 09:43 AM

It is a 10/1000, 1.5 months old. It's not worth saving, but I will prob call later anyhow. I wanna see if they will at least say why they think it is associated with the other account. I am betting that they will not give that information, but I am curious. And I agree with you. I think it is just random BS.

GoteBay 04-02-2014 10:53 AM

Just think a little more. Stealth, correct!

1. You are using an address that may not be accessible. There are tonnes of us making Stealths everyday. Chances are somebody used the same address and their account is limited.

2. Somebody used a phone number and gave it up when their account was suspended. Unfortunately, you are using the same number.

rsot 04-02-2014 01:07 PM

@OP, what is the source of your phone number (provider I mean)?

bjammin 04-02-2014 05:07 PM

@rsot
It is an actual cell phone through ATT.

@gotebay
This has crossed my mind as well.

bjammin 04-11-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoteBay (Post 541933)
Just think a little more. Stealth, correct!

1. You are using an address that may not be accessible. There are tonnes of us making Stealths everyday. Chances are somebody used the same address and their account is limited.

2. Somebody used a phone number and gave it up when their account was suspended. Unfortunately, you are using the same number.

I had just called into EB about 5 min ago and got this account resolved. The link was that this number use to belong to another that had been suspended. Thought I would give an update!!!

inkidiot 04-11-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjammin (Post 544729)
I had just called into EB about 5 min ago and got this account resolved. The link was that this number use to belong to another that had been suspended. Thought I would give an update!!!

what happened when you called? because when that happen to me in the past. they said that they couldn't give me any information and that I was to remain suspended indefinately.

bjammin 04-12-2014 12:33 AM

First off, I logged onto eBay>>Customer Support>>Contact eBay>>Account>>Someone hacked into my account (something like that), then got my passcode to call in with. I did this so I could act like an idiot about what was going on with my account.

Rep asked what was going on.
I explained that I got this message and that I was not sure what was happening. Then asked if someone had hacked into my account. Then explained I was a private person and that I did not know how any one could get my information. Im doing all this acting like a dumb noob who just doesnt understand what the message was all about. And I am being very kind while being a complete idiot.
She puts me on hold, comes back and asks me what my relation is with So&So person.
I told her I had no clue who that was, and asked if that was the person that hacked into my account.
She tells me that no one had hacked into my account and that they linked me to this person and thats why they limited my account to 0/0.00 due to this person's listing violations.
I asked her why did this happen to me and how did someone get my info for our accounts to link.
She told me it was linked by phone number, and not to worry that she is getting this fixed so I can use the account within the next 24 hours.

GoteBay 04-12-2014 06:16 PM

Let me know how this goes, I would love to get back one of my accounts.

rsot 04-12-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Ah ha so it was the phone number...eB at least recognized that number can change hands

GoteBay 04-12-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Congratulations! I lost an account nearly a year ago because of either address or phone number. I have no idea whatsoever, I gave up on that account already.

GreenBean 04-12-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoteBay (Post 544941)
Congratulations! I lost an account nearly a year ago because of either address or phone number. I have no idea whatsoever, I gave up on that account already.

Until you get the actual Kiss of Death, always fight for an account.

If it fails, you can bury it satisifed you did fight. Often you learn tricks on the journey

;)

bjammin 04-17-2014 11:27 PM

Rsot, you was correct when you called it. It was the phone number. EB does recognize that this stuff changes hands form time to time.

GoteBay, I am surprised that you gave up on it. The first time I was nervous about calling, you had the encouraging words that pushed me to call. I agree with Greenie. Keep fighting til they tell you it is dead and there is nothing else you can do!

Lastly, I will always present myself as a complete dumbass that does not understand what the hell is going on when I call EB. And I will always call in the evenings, preferably after normal business hours. I am 2 for 2 on calling and getting the issue resolved by being dumb and calling late.

Play it to the Bone