Please help a newbie MC999 after one week :( - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-03-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Please help a newbie MC999 after one week :(

Ok everyone so I do not want to create some sappy sob story for all of you but I am going to speak the truth as I always do. I have been unemployed now for almost 2 years, I cannot find a job no matter what I do and I know I am not alone. My unemployment ran out in December and my emergecny fund is at $5 as of right now. People will not hire me because of who I am and it is not fair, I am more than on the verge of homelessness at this point. So I FINALLY found a way to make income by selling virtual items on ebay. I would'nt even call it income, I would call it survival at this point. So with that out of the way I really am not looking for a lecture on why I am doing what I am doing, I think that should explain things.

So the items, They are from a very popular game and I know how to hack the game to get these specific very sought after and rare items. What I did was list each item as a "guide" to get the item and I made it very obvious that the item people were paying for was the item itself, I even had the specific pictures of the items taken from the screen with my phone. I mentioned that I would send a PDF file, a message on ebay with the guide, or a physical copy if it was requested to the buyer. I put free shipping and when someone would purchase the item I would send an actual guide that had instructions on how to meet me in game to receive the item. After meeting me I would mark the item as shipped. In the description it clearly states that you are not paying for the item, you are paying for a guide that I have written to receive the item in the game and paying for my time, effort, and the method I had come up with.

So everything was going ok for the past week, I have made a little nugget of about $250.

So when I received my ebay bill like an IDIOT I called to pay it, while talking to someone on the phone I asked a stupid question about listing items because I was nervous. The woman I was speaking to then said "ok I am looking at one of your listings" I immediately freaked out and told her I had figured it out. She then wished me luck with my business and we ended the call.

I knew I was ****ed.

I spent the next hour worrying and not being able to relax. I just started feeling better about it when I suddenly get a new email from ebay.

"MC999 Listing policy violation alert: Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item

Due to potential violations of copyright and/or trademark laws, we do not allow the sale of online game characters or gaming accounts. This also includes selling virtual items from such games even if they are included as a gift or bonus item. These games and their content remain the property of the copyright holder and as such cannot be listed on our site except by the copyright holder or their licensee.

We must respectfully ask that you refrain from re-listing this item in order to avoid incurring any additional policy infractions. Kindly note that we don't catch all listings that are in violation of eBay policy right away, if you see other listings which you believe is in the same violation, please report them by using the 'Report Item' link on the right hand side of every listing.

Please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations could result in the suspension of your account."

I have googled mc999 and I am now mortified. I really need to keep making money and I want to leep doing this. I have looked at alternate ways to do this by making multiple accounts and such but it seems I am screwed since this account has all of my identity information as well as my bank account and address.

Can anyone give me any advice on what I should do next? I want to keep doing this for as long as I can, at least until I can find a job.

I also should mention I have many, over 40, listing currently active so I am confused as to why none of them were removed yet or reported? I even had a customer make a purchase when I began writing this post! What should I do? Please help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2014

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Please help a newbie MC999 after one week :(

Get the guide and create stealths accounts asap....as simple as that.
Old 04-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

As of right now, you need to start thinking in "STEALTH", It's hard to lose an account but as of right now you have to learn to beat the system.

Get the Ebay Stealth Book, read it A LOT and read around the forum.
Old 04-06-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Lot of times you can be restricted and the items listed are untouched, not sure if this is a glitch or they just do not want to constantly be pulling listings that already are Listed for Sale all the time

Either way, you can no longer use any info used to make new accounts, and the item u sell is high risk

The best way to sell this type of item is open many accounts and list say 2 items over 20 or 30 , or how ever many accounts u may need

EBay tends not to bother accounts that look like they are selling on occasion

But not a good item to list on a new stealth account
Old 04-06-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

You will not survive selling virtual items on ebay any longer.