eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Does reusing old info with new laptop work long term: (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/72631-does-reusing-old-info-new-laptop-work-long-term.html)

fantasticbb 04-18-2014 01:46 PM

Does reusing old info with new laptop work long term:

My first old suspended eBay account was back in 2006. Well, out of 20 more following by hehe..Anyway, this year i was given a new laptop as a gift and decided to take a risk by creating a new eBay account with the same old name and home address used in 2006 (different phone #) As you know, the new mc999 eBay system for newbies is as soon as you list your first item, the next day or sooner it is taken down. And your selling limits dropped to 0 which chances are either you will have to call to increase them or your account be put under review for 90 days as far a selling is a concerned.

This is what happened to me my limits dropped to 0. Therefore i didn't know what to do, all furiously-blinded called right away to request an increase and giving them all my legit. info tho which surprisingly the verification process did go through. They couldn't detect that it was me :shhh: at the end the increase was from 0 to 50 items-$2500. How sweet!

It's been 6 months and my account is still running normally :peace:. Can someone explain that to me? Is it really possible to create a new ebay account with the same old info but using a new laptop?

keepongoing 04-18-2014 02:06 PM

re: Does reusing old info with new laptop work long term:

they may not have linked you right away. people get increases then the ban hammer a few days later.

if you put your ssn on your orig 2006 acct and then use it again on this new one yes it will link u.

they may not have detected it over the phone, heck half of them are clueless to whats going on unless the system says something. when you run into a clever one be sure and know they will shut it all down they can find

BiN4RY 04-18-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fantasticbb (Post 546389)
Can someone explain that to me? Is it really possible to create a new ebay account with the same old info but using a new laptop?

No it's not possible. You just got real lucky because the reps didn't do a thorough scrutiny. Sometimes eBay will actually let you slide for a while if they see you have been banned in the past long ago, but have not broken any rules since. However, if something does raise a flag on your account later down the road and your account has been scrutinize through a manual review, your account WILL be shut down again.

fantasticbb 04-18-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keepongoing (Post 546395)
they may not have linked you right away. people get increases then the ban hammer a few days later.

if you put your ssn on your orig 2006 acct and then use it again on this new one yes it will link u.

they may not have detected it over the phone, heck half of them are clueless to whats going on unless the system says something. when you run into a clever one be sure and know they will shut it all down they can find

Yes, that's what i thought before taking this risky step. my account have been running calmly for 6 months+ and yet no detection . Just keeping everything under radar :)

fantasticbb 04-18-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 546396)
No it's not possible. You just got real lucky because the reps didn't do a thorough scrutiny. Sometimes eBay will actually let you slide for a while if they see you have been banned in the past long ago, but have not broken any rules since. However, if something does raise a flag on your account later down the road and your account has been scrutinize through a manual review, your account WILL be shut down again.

Not sure by "thorough secrutiny", but they did kind of background check by asking a series of questions of my parents etc...if i did get lucky i just want to enjoy this as much extensively as i can while it last :D...

BiN4RY 04-18-2014 02:31 PM

You should definitely enjoy it while you can, but be prepared for suspension later down the road. It's inevitable.

GreenBean 04-18-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fantasticbb (Post 546389)
It's been 6 months and my account is still running normally :peace:. Can someone explain that to me? Is it really possible to create a new ebay account with the same old info but using a new laptop?

Not wisely or sensibly.

You are operating with the monkey of ebay on your back all the time.

At any time the account might get reviewed manually.

A staffer will pick up the reuse of old suspended information

:rip:

okay 04-19-2014 02:28 AM

Re: Does reusing old info with new laptop work long term:

Tomorrow, I am going to register with my ss number and I'll report back when it's hammer time. How long before I list on such account?
:behindsofa:

GreenBean 04-19-2014 03:08 AM

@okay

go to your BED right now.

Do not waste your SSN.

:brick:

even if you are joking ;)

fantasticbb 04-20-2014 01:47 PM

Who edited my title tho?