Second MC999 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-11-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Second MC999

Hi folks,

Just received my 2nd MC999 notice with a 7 day suspension on listing items; I've sadly been Vero'd.

Is it game over or worth waiting and pushing on to see how it goes? I'm thinking I'm as well organising a new account now to get it up and running just in case.

What are peoples thoughts? Bin the existing and focus on the new or...

Got some PM's out to sellers now looking for a new account, hoping to hear back from them soon, ££ waiting

Thanks
R
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-11-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Second MC999

Definitely do not continue selling Vero on that account because that is on the edge and will be burned for good

Let that account cool down a few months , run other accounts, and hopefully you have items that are not Vero because you will just burn through account after account
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
rdavidson (06-11-2014)
Old 06-11-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the info!

Understand about pulling away from that account for a while, but will it not be flagged now to eBay internally?

Pretty gutted about it as it was doing really well, recently had it restricted due to high volumes of sales, so had to verify with eBay about the supplier of the items, re-submit my ID docs etc to them, managed to get that sorted all ok and have the selling allowance increased which was great; now busted so to speak. Will certainly leave it for a couple of months at least - only issue is I now have a case open where the buyer wants a refund, lets face it, it's pointless me fighting it; so I could be doing with getting some funds in to the paypal to refund them. I've positioned it with the buyer that I'll need to wait around 1week to get some funds in to the paypal so that I can refund him - will see what response I get. I also need to cover the seller fees that are due too which my next few sales would have covered. With that in mind; what would others do here? Pull the rip cord and leave the account as is or add some funds and leave for a couple of months before re-selling again?

I have a shed load of non vero items to sell that will get the new account going really well; just needing one of the sellers to reply back to me in order to hook me up with a new account but getting nil response so far

Having read the stealth guide, I can positively say I've not been linked to my previous suspended account or suspended stealth account (I got cocky!). To anyone thinking of buying it...stop thinking and start acting!
Old 06-12-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

You may want to use the code of the stealth and change your status to VIP in the forum so you have access to the VIP section.

The sellers here are good, you should message several of them and not just a couple.
Perhaps even stock up on accounts while you are at it.

And create some yourself using the stealth guide. If NONE of the seller ever respond to you (which I highly doubt), send me a PM
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
rdavidson (06-13-2014)
Old 06-12-2014

Longevity: 59%

Next time you get hit by VERO on that account it is most likely toast....It's flagged for sure and I don't know if I'd ever try VERO on that one again......depends on how sentimental you are about that particular account.....make some stealth accounts for selling and peace of mind.
Old 06-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Well, it's busted all together now, indefinite ban; I suspected and it arrived yesterday. New account up and running from one of the sellers who responded, very pleased with the service and end product! Just waiting on another one coming back to me to finalise a deal and will get that going too, better to have a stock I guess (should have organised this previously!)

Thanks to SaiJin too, as above a couple of the sellers have come back, appreciate the offer of you to step in and help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
Next time you get hit by VERO on that account it is most likely toast....It's flagged for sure and I don't know if I'd ever try VERO on that one again......depends on how sentimental you are about that particular account.....make some stealth accounts for selling and peace of mind.
Old 06-13-2014

Longevity: 77%

The Vero items always get suspend or limit for a month. I sell them like you but some account works but some account get limit. Some account get suspend. I don't know exactly how does eBay catch it and what is their standard to control it. My solution is I always have 3-4 accounts spare part to safe my selling alive on eBay. When I get MC I think there are some one (Some member can see your items and report it to eBay). I will change my eBay name for a while to avoid him and wait. Manage another account during get limit the account. That what I do
The Following User Says Thank You to arkimidisk For This Useful Post:
hapajenn1 (06-18-2014)
Old 06-18-2014

Longevity: 76%

i'm confused on this VERO policy for EBay . . on another stealth I had which had been built up (2-3 years, 50 feedback, solid selling history), I tried selling the "Beats By DRE" headphones (authentic of course, not a knock-off product) and got hit with VERO / listing taken down.

I didn't bother to email EBay to ask about it but was it due to the product itself is prohibited? Or, is it because I used a "copyrighted" stock photo (I simply google searched and found a professional looking stock photo) -- anyone know the reason for the VERO / listing taken down ?

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-18-2014 at 04:49 AM.
Old 06-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Dr. DRE is BIG risk, whether authentic or not...too many counterfeits out there

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-18-2014 at 04:50 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
hapajenn1 (06-18-2014)
Old 06-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Dr. DRE is BIG risk, whether authentic or not...too many counterfeits out there
Ok, but I'm still confused on the Official EB policy for VERO --

As stated I was on a decent Stealth (50 feedback, 2-3 yrs) and the "Dr Dre BEATS headphones" were on 30-day Buy-It-Now, for at least 3 months. Stock Photo.

Then suddenly, listing taken down by EB. The official reason stated that the images used were copyrighted, so doesn't that mean I could simply change the Stock Photo/image and still list the item?
Old 06-18-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

You could change the photos but beats by dre is a huge VERO, no matter how u list it you will have problems with take downs and account restrictions
Old 06-18-2014

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapajenn1 View Post
Ok, but I'm still confused on the Official EB policy for VERO --

As stated I was on a decent Stealth (50 feedback, 2-3 yrs) and the "Dr Dre BEATS headphones" were on 30-day Buy-It-Now, for at least 3 months. Stock Photo.

Then suddenly, listing taken down by EB. The official reason stated that the images used were copyrighted, so doesn't that mean I could simply change the Stock Photo/image and still list the item?
At this point, changing the Stock Photo to a photo that you actually take yourself is not going to do you any good. You have been flagged, and if you try to list the Product again, your Stealth Account will definately get restricted. The best thing to do right now is to take a break from that Account and let it breathe for a Month or two. Go to one of the many Vendors on here and purchase a new Stealth Account, and start over. And by starting over, I mean no more VERO products. There are plenty of products that are sold on Ebay that won't bring attention to you.
Old 06-18-2014

Ok, so then on the topic of VERO and "risk" item & product listings :

1. Some sellers can freely list as many high risk VERO as they want (ie, big time sellers who sell Dr Dre BEATS in bulk on EB without restrictions. This must be only b/c they are "top rated" and highly established sellers, right? )

2. What exactly defines "VERO" is it Any Brand Name, or only the more upscale & high cost ones?

For example, Clothing VERO:
- obviously the expensive brand names (ie, Coach)

What about Electronics products?
- obviously APPLE
- what about other Brands, such as SONY or Microsoft, etc? Where do you know to draw the line?
Old 06-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

There is an entire sub-forum here dedicated to your questions.

Read thro' it and then re-read it.

It outlines a heck of a lot of info.

Make a thread in that subforum should you have more questions.

Bascially, a brand name item can have what is know as IP (Intellectual Property) rights.
So its onsale, may be strictly limited.