New Stealth Account Strange Issue - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-11-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default New Stealth Account Strange Issue

Hi guys!

Well a strange thing happened to me with a newer stealth account I created, and I need some advise.... Here's the background:

The account is about 45 days old, I always age them a bit and get browsing history before selling. I sold exactly one item, a non-brand pair of mechanics gloves just to get started and start building feedback. I got the BS new MC999 restriction, called in and had the restriction removed, yada yada yada...

However, when June 1 rolled around, my selling limits were exactly 0/0. Strange I thought, but I thought that maybe it was because I had yet to verify my Paypal account by attaching a bank account. So I did that and decided to call in to have my selling limits changed. However, the CSR proceeded to do the public record verification on me! I've never had this happen with a new seller account for no reason at all.

Ok, so now I think the account is toast, and I opened a BofA account that can never even be used. I obviously failed the verification, but played stupid when the rep said the verification did not pass. He then asked what I would be selling, and I told him basic stuff like the mechanics gloves that I had already sold. Basically, I just said I'm doing spring cleaning around the house and want to make a little extra cash, typical stuff.

He then gave me a 20/$1000 initial selling limit, even after failing the verification! However, he did say that in order to raise limits, I will need to fax in photo ID and utility bill. Now, I have no problem with photoshopping and faxing it in, but my question is...SHOULD I?!?! I mean, the account now has new selling limits which I'm fine with. I'm not sure if I should just wait it out, sell on the account in the same slow manner, build feedback, and see if the limits get auto-raised? Or am I now a target of T&S and I will be eventually suspended without faxing the necessary paperwork? The CSR did not specify a timeframe for faxing either. Here is a copy of the e-mail I received. Sorry for being so long-winded, and thank you in advance for any input!!

eBay document request SR# xxxxxxxxxx

Hello xxxxxx (xxxxxxx@gmail.com),

As part of our efforts to keep eBay a safe and enjoyable place to buy and sell, we ask members to verify their contact information and provide us with more information about the items being sold. These actions are not a reflection of your account’s activity, but rather a preventative measure.

We ask that you please fax us the following information:

- A cover letter with your user ID, email address and a valid phone number to reach you.

- A copy of the front and back of your driver's license or other government-issued ID.

Please include a copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement or utility bill if this ID does not reflect the address that is registered on your eBay account. We encourage you to black out any account numbers on this document for your security.

Fax all documents to:

ATTN: Seller Vetting

U.S. number: 1-801-I-SUCK

Please allow 3 business days for processing. Once the review of these documents is complete, you will be contacted via email. We appreciate your taking the time to provide us with this information and look forward to partnering with you in order to establish a strong, successful selling history on eBay.

Best regards,

Doucheface
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-11-2014

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: New Stealth Account Strange Issue

Myself, I would not fax in created documents....I'm sure there are some here that would...I just don't need the headache and problems that could arise from it...if I was you, I'd continue to use that account,and create some more, unlinked accounts. I'm a better safe than sorry type when it comes to stuff like this.
Old 06-11-2014

Longevity: 72%

I would fax in created documents, only if the account was "worth saving." Doesn't mean they won't give you trouble afterwards either. Tbh, creating documents is just sorta a pain for me. It's up to you to decide whether it is or not.. sometimes it's just better to move on.
Old 06-11-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the responses...I'm thinking about just selling on the account until it gets limited. I won't go crazy, and I'll follow my usual strict selling personal policies with new accounts. Has anyone had a similar experience that could chime in? Thanks!
Old 06-11-2014

Longevity: 59%

Good luck to you.......my gut tells me, if they let the account live, they may not mess with it anymore unless you cause yourself a problem by selling VERO or something.
Old 06-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

I have not been successful in faxing in documents. I tried a couple times, but they always wanted more information or for me to resend things.

I would rather focus my efforts on creating more accounts. That being said, I would not trust what the CSR says that you need to fax in documents to raise limits.

I would take it as a blessing that you can continue to use that account at a 20/$1000 limit and sell at the limits each month. You may get a surprise one day that it was auto increased.
Old 06-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%

I wouldnt waste energy on raising limits - just create more stealth accounts and avoid the steps you took that resulted in 0/0 limit (as a general principle)
Old 06-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Thank you rsot...do you think it was the lack of verified Paypal before calling in for the initial MC999 that led to 0/0? Would you always add bank account before calling? Thanks!!
Old 06-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%

The MC999 is being handed out more often so I can't say 100% it is related to Paypal BUT...I am a big fan of verifying my PP before I even start on eB....it has done me well in the long run.

I always have the bank account added and few transaction run outside of eB before setting up eB. I dont call eB much
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
dmb8183 (06-14-2014)