eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Advice - Am I missing something here (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/77958-advice-am-i-missing-something-here.html)

anderman 09-30-2014 02:01 PM

Advice - Am I missing something here

Hi Guys

Got permanently suspended for Vero recently. Got ambitious and instead of sticking to my usual items and I bought some beauty products that were store returns and a manufacturer complained I was selling counterfeit items. Ebay said the manufacturer have to admit they were wrong and retract the complaint before they could unsuspend the account. Many emails and proof later nothing happened so here I am.

So I got the guide and just wanted to get some feedback if I am missing something. I am planning to buy a 100/5000 aged account here and also create my own as a backup. I have 2 spare laptops never been used with ebay running Ubuntu. I got a new comcast Wifi connection and I was thinking of using my iphone with a new sim as a secondary internet provider and a USP store address.

I was considering adding a new account on my existing Wells Fargo so to have a new account/routing number but I am unsure if that will work or if I should just get one from BOA?

My biggest concern is the mismatched name. So I have a pretty unique long name. If I buy an account and the name is a complete mismatch will the bank not get suspicious if all my payments are extremely mismatched? But if my name is hmmm lets say Johnathan Geofry Von Hindenburg and I use John V. Hindenberger will that work better? Obviously I have to create my own account for this to work? I have never given my SSN or US drivers license to either Ebay or PP so they do not have it but they do have my correct DOB and a foreign ID on file.

My items are low risk - audio equipment - low end laptops and parts - some gaming hardware (thriftstore stuff). Seldom have $100+ items. $4k - $5k a month max.

toml3030 09-30-2014 03:07 PM

Re: Advice - Am I missing something here

Quote:

Originally Posted by anderman (Post 593198)

My biggest concern is the mismatched name. So I have a pretty unique long name. If I buy an account and the name is a complete mismatch will the bank not get suspicious if all my payments are extremely mismatched?

BofA doesn't care since they link all bank accounts opened under your SS# with one online banking acct., and they know that people have dba's and paypal accounts. I have a business and personal checking and two savings accounts, and each one is connected to an eBay acct and I have never had issues with withdrawals.

pokerpro 09-30-2014 03:54 PM

I have 4 Wells Fargo checking accounts linked to Stealth ebay accounts and no problem for the 12 months I've had them.

anderman 09-30-2014 04:35 PM

Thanks. I think I will get a BOA anyway but keep the WF for my backup. I have a good history with them (paycheck etc). I haven't seen bad comments about Wells Fargo here or BOA for that matter.

hehe Cant imagine managing 10+ stealth accounts - RESPECT! Just trying to get two going and managing is giving me sleepless nights.

Still looking into the LLC option the guide mentions. Does ebay still require the LLC's responsible person to give their personal info like Date of Birth cause I haven't been able to see away around the Name DOB link.

plumsake2 10-01-2014 12:15 AM

Quote:

I have 2 spare laptops never been used with ebay running Ubuntu. I got a new comcast Wifi connection and I was thinking of using my iphone with a new sim as a secondary internet provider and a USP store address.

Overall a good plan. You don't really need separate computers (changing IPs, making new user accounts, and everything mentioned in the stealth guide is good enough). Tethering your iPhone is a great option, just stay away from the iPhone app if you've ever used it before because that can easily link you.

Quote:

I was considering adding a new account on my existing Wells Fargo so to have a new account/routing number but I am unsure if that will work or if I should just get one from BOA?

Wells Fargo works fine with completely mismatched names, but it's still a good idea to use multiple banks just not to rely on one entity to handle your money. BOA is a good first choice, as are any of the big banks (Citi, Chase, etc).

All you need is a new account number and that's good enough to not cause a link to a suspended account. So basically, opening a new account is perfectly fine.

Quote:

My biggest concern is the mismatched name. So I have a pretty unique long name. If I buy an account and the name is a complete mismatch will the bank not get suspicious if all my payments are extremely mismatched? But if my name is hmmm lets say Johnathan Geofry Von Hindenburg and I use John V. Hindenberger will that work better? Obviously I have to create my own account for this to work? I have never given my SSN or US drivers license to either Ebay or PP so they do not have it but they do have my correct DOB and a foreign ID on file.

Some banks would, but the two you mentioned - WF and BOA - don't care.

Good luck with everything!

Univerzal 10-01-2014 02:26 AM

Great posts, couldnt agree more with the ebay app,only use that for buying if you must use it at all. Have fun

rsot 10-01-2014 04:07 AM

Welcome to the forums - BoA will work like a charm

GreenBean 10-01-2014 05:42 AM

Quote:

Hi Guys

My items are low risk - audio equipment - low end laptops and parts - some gaming hardware (thriftstore stuff). Seldom have $100+ items. $4k - $5k a month max.

On a new account these items are rarely considered low risk.

They are the very type of item that attracts issues.

:ranger:

anderman 10-01-2014 09:35 AM

Thanks for all the replies guys. Greenbean what would you suggest from a sellers perspective as a low risk item. I still have my amazon store so I can shuffle my products around. I was more thinking low risk from a vero perspective which was what got me into the mess in the first place.

GreenBean 10-01-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Univerzal (Post 593444)
Great posts, couldnt agree more with the ebay app,only use that for buying if you must use it at all. Have fun

that's even risky advice.

We recommend to never ever use the ebay app to reduce as much as possible chances of a link.

:ranger:

rsot 10-01-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anderman (Post 593564)
Thanks for all the replies guys. Greenbean what would you suggest from a sellers perspective as a low risk item. I still have my amazon store so I can shuffle my products around. I was more thinking low risk from a vero perspective which was what got me into the mess in the first place.

Low risk and vero don't go in the same sentence. To build feedback, low risk includes things like household items...business stationary

GreenBean 10-02-2014 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anderman (Post 593255)
T
Still looking into the LLC option the guide mentions. Does ebay still require the LLC's responsible person to give their personal info like Date of Birth cause I haven't been able to see away around the Name DOB link.

paypal is more the issue. paypal deals with IRS rules.

There are actually options with the choice of having LLC or EIN.

EIN is marginally easier as regards names. ;)

Look over Internal Revenue Service

User friendly and free to use.

Overall we do suggest to users to speak to a tax professional for these matters.

It is feasible to be stealth with these.
:shhh:

anderman 10-02-2014 10:14 AM

Hey guys thanks for all the responses. rsot I agree I should have been more clear, I am trying to stay away from anything that has any vero issues.

My previous non stealth ebay account was registered with my corp and had an ein nr etc. I paid the irs what i owed them being a good boy. Now there is no point in holding on to a corp with an ein nr I cant use. Thanks ebay.

anderman 10-03-2014 02:33 PM

Some more advice - (again) - :noidea:

OK so now I have a aged 100/5000 account (thanks to fox) and I have browsed a little and put some stuff on my watchlist etc and I will do this for a few more days but should I actually first buy something before I list an item for sale. The ratings is 0 but I would prefer not to buy something since I haven't changed the address yet (or the phone) If it is best to buy something first will something digital work better since the seller will email it to me not post it?

rsot 10-03-2014 02:51 PM

No don't do digital purchases! Or minimum if any - go for real stuff...look like a "real" eBay buyer...

anderman 10-03-2014 03:00 PM

So I should not list anything before I have bought a few $10 - $20 items?

plumsake2 10-03-2014 06:06 PM

Honestly I never had trouble selling items even with 0 feedback. Just stick to some low risk household or dollar store items at first. I also like to buy things I need/want (shipping supplies and such) from sellers who always leave feedback which kills two birds with one stone, but that only works if you have access to the address.