eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Mc999 due to message contents?? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/78043-mc999-due-message-contents.html)

autolife 10-02-2014 07:55 PM

Mc999 due to message contents??

Good day folks, just as my account started picking up I either made a careless move or eBay is being over suspicious...

I run two accts off two different cell phones, no WiFi, all cellphone data never crossing the two by any means.

For explanation purposes these are false states used to explain my set up:
Phone 1 has a New York shipping address.
Phone 2 has an Arkansas shipping address.

Recently I made a purchase on eb and used the wrong acct for which I needed the item to be shipped. So I corrected by emailing the seller a request to ship phone 1's order to phone 2's address and I'll assume all responsibilities for the package. Needless to say the seller replied in an eb message to have proof of the change.

Two days later, phone 1 pays eb fees via PayPal automatic payments, and gets hit with a 0 selling restriction the next day.
I got my information together and called the support number. Turns out, after 3 transfers, my phony eb name could not be found in public records. I was told to either wait a week, or create another acct with the hopes of the info magically appearing.

Now phone two has just paid eb fees via automatic PayPal payments. My questions are:
What are my chances of the same restriction happening to phone 2?

Am I still able to use phone 1's PayPal account for other transactions outside of eb?

Decisions, decisions.

Thanks in advance guys

galigusso 10-02-2014 11:32 PM

Re: Mc999 due to message contents??

Accounts are probably linked. I'm not sure if they will shut down your second account right now or it could happen in month/year. But this will always be a reason to limit. Usually this mostly happen when we do not expect the account to be limited.

From the other side - they usually run a batch before a holiday season to filter "high-risk sellers", so it is possible that first account was considered to be a high risk account after re-evaluation, and not because of this shipping address. It's hard to know until your second account is publicly linked.

bjammin 10-02-2014 11:43 PM

They would have to do some digging to detect that address in the messages. I do not think that they are going to be digging that deep, but they may. I actually feel that they did their damage when giving you the 0/0. And I think they are done with it at this point. I would create a couple more accounts, just so you can be prepared for the worse case scenario.

Can you imagine the time they would have to invest in everyones account if they went through everyones messages that was suspended or restricted? Unless you just did something so bad that they want to go out of their way to ruin you, then I do not think it will happen.

But again, prepare for the worse always!

galigusso 10-03-2014 12:57 AM

It will definitely take some time to scan messages/identify/restrict.. maybe several months? They just need to reduce the risk, they don't want to kill all stealth accounts - it's their revenue. But they want to control & limit them for the holidays.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjammin (Post 594157)
Can you imagine the time they would have to invest in everyones account if they went through everyones messages that was suspended or restricted..

autolife 10-03-2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galigusso (Post 594155)
From the other side - they usually run a batch before a holiday season to filter "high-risk sellers".

Definitely Makes a lot of sense. Thanks

autolife 10-03-2014 08:02 AM

Well to elaborate on the "High Risk accounts" phone 1 recently picked up sales in the branded memory area and dropped all other "safe" items completely. So they probably made an executive decision.

rsot 10-05-2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autolife (Post 594297)
Well to elaborate on the "High Risk accounts" phone 1 recently picked up sales in the branded memory area and dropped all other "safe" items completely. So they probably made an executive decision.

Branded memory area...is your source China? Be careful - many memory sticks are not what they seem...

autolife 10-05-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 594958)
Branded memory area...is your source China? Be careful - many memory sticks are not what they seem...

Very true I've found this out the hard way. Just looking to unload the good ones I've got.

autolife 10-05-2014 04:40 PM

Ok this just unleashed a new fear of mine. I've been searching the forums and could find no definite answer.

It seems as though eb is hitting all newer accts with a standard mc999 just for verification purposes. If I am using a stealth name (something misspelled or totally made up) how any I to pass that verification for each acct???

rsot 10-05-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autolife (Post 595093)
Ok this just unleashed a new fear of mine. I've been searching the forums and could find no definite answer.

It seems as though eb is hitting all newer accts with a standard mc999 just for verification purposes. If I am using a stealth name (something misspelled or totally made up) how any I to pass that verification for each acct???

It's difficult but documents can be done...if you think about it...and if you are asked

autolife 10-05-2014 04:57 PM

Makes enough sense. I'll wait until I remove all funds before I try again. My stealth name can't be found in public records which resulted in a restricted selling eb but functioning pp and eb buyer status. Don't want to poke at it too long and risk getting both permanently limited.

miketyson 10-07-2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjammin (Post 594157)
They would have to do some digging to detect that address in the messages. I do not think that they are going to be digging that deep, but they may. I actually feel that they did their damage when giving you the 0/0. And I think they are done with it at this point. I would create a couple more accounts, just so you can be prepared for the worse case scenario.

Can you imagine the time they would have to invest in everyones account if they went through everyones messages that was suspended or restricted? Unless you just did something so bad that they want to go out of their way to ruin you, then I do not think it will happen.

But again, prepare for the worse always!

They have bots for that.

Speeder33 10-12-2014 06:03 PM

Exactly, they have bots that go through messages.

You have to get creative when giving out an address linked to a banned ebay account. But I never recommend using that address again, even in messages.

GreenBean 10-12-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speeder33 (Post 597416)
You have to get creative when giving out an address linked to a banned ebay account. But I never recommend using that address again, even in messages.

Why anyone wants to risk a link is beyond me.

:violin:

newjerseymax 10-13-2014 06:56 PM

People don't realize bots scan everyday... Like little roaches they seek and search in every nook and cranny for crumbs and put it together and link. Even ebay forums was ways people got banned or linked in the past....