Potential eBay account linking scenario?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-09-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Potential eBay account linking scenario??

I am concerned about a new account I am creating. After being suspended on my first eBay account recently I went ahead and created a new eBay account and new email address under a different IP on my laptop at home which was all fine.

Problem (I think) might be at work where I logged into my work computer to check my new email account.

I forgot that on that same computer at work I was checking my old email address (which was associated with the recently suspended account) and I'm afraid that eBay may have linked my old account with my new account because I checked my email on the same computer IP from work.

I cannot log into eBay from my work computer though because it's blocked by the company firewalls and security etc.

Although I can receive email from eBay in my yahoo and gmail inbox at work, I cannot access eBay even through the email they send (I tried clicking on the eBay email but all I get is "access denied").

On my new email account (gmail) I changed the settings to "do not display images" but only after I had already opened a couple of promotional emails from eBay in the new gmail inbox.

Since I cannot access eBay from my work computer, does this mean they cannot place the little "Web Beacons" through my email account or they can?

To make a long story short, I am thinking of opening a different eBay account now after I realized there might be a link created between this new account and the suspended account.

Is it going to be a problem if I open a different account with a slight variation of the new one? i.e. John Smith was the new one and now I will have to create Jon Smith because of the potential linking through my email?

Am I being overly paranoid about this? Remember, I cannot login to eBay from work at all but I CAN receive eBay emails in my inbox at work.

Fact is I never logged in to either one of these ebay accounts from the same IP but I did check two different emails (one yahoo and the other gmail) from the same IP at work.

Does checking my emails on the same IP at work create a link between the old suspended account and the new one?

Do I really need to create yet another new account or am I ok leaving it just the way it is?

I hope this isn't too confusing, but I would really appreciate any help/advice on this. Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Potential eBay account linking scenario??

Checking e-mail can cause a link if you dont disable images/beacons/flash objects.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
nostro (10-10-2014)
Old 10-10-2014
Threadstarter  

So by creating another new account I should be ok as long as I don't check email on that new account from my work PC, correct?

i.e. Jon Smith instead of John Smith?
Old 10-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Doing a thorough check on my firefox browser cookies I saw nothing from eBay. No eBay cookies at all!

This could be due to the fact that eBay acess is denied from work thus it makes sense that there are no eBay cookies stored in my firefox browser at work.

Does anybody know where the little "Web Beacons" would be found? I would like to check and see if indeed there are "Web Beacons" stored on my work computer.

Any ideas from anyone? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited by nostro; 10-10-2014 at 09:18 AM.