My Account to be restricted because eBay are after money from my deceased father - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-19-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default My Account to be restricted because eBay are after money from my deceased father

Hi Everyone, my account that i have had since 2005 is due to be suspended shortly because I received this message yesterday.
Attention!
Hello,

You have been discovered to be linked to a previous eBay account that is currently suspended for nonpayment of eBay fees. Your current account has been restricted from buying or selling until this previous balance has been cleared up.

For full information on which account you are linked to and the steps you need to take to pay the balance on the suspended account, please see the message that was sent to your My Messages.

If the balance on the suspended account is not resolved within 21 days from the date we sent this message, your active account will become suspended.

If the account that is suspended for nonpayment of eBay fees becomes reinstated within the 21-day period, please reply to the message we sent to your My Messages so that we can remove the restriction on this account.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

]Right then, i phoned them up and the call lasted over an hour on my mobile phone.
it turns out this account I am being accused of being linked to is in fact my late fathers, he sadly passed away in December 2007 and from what i was told yesterday the account suspended in 2008, the account is outstanding by around £145.00 this was 6 years ago B.T.W

I have the same name as my father and was living at home when my account was set up and because I was a minor at the time, my dad supervised my selling/buying and it was linked to his now closed down paypal account.
Ebay have asked for me to show them proof of my dads death i.e the birth certificate and a copy of my birth certificate which has the name of myself and father on it, Also this manager told me that eBay are exempt from European Law and have the right to this information, Hmmmm

So eBay are able to over power article 8 of the human rights act 1998 thee right to a private family life and they are able to breach Section 2 of the data protection act (sensitive data) regarding private correspondence, eBay I am in fact a Human Rights Lawyer and a good one to, the manager I spoke to yesterday, pardon my language (err! you are a nonce) you do not have the right to my private correspondence or in fact my late fathers, only what we have agreed to share with you and you cannot by law (European) use that against us.

Anyway my mother was diagnosed with throat Cancer a while back and we have come to terms with that and it is going to destroy my mother if i ask her for Dads death certificate because eBay are wanting a copy. Depending on what action eBay want to take, we will go public (like I am now,) depending on my mother.

She knows nothing of this yet because we cannot tell her, so guys and Gal's it looks like in 20 days a 9 year old eBay account comes to a end and I will use a family members to sell my stuff instead

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 10-19-2014 at 12:22 PM. Reason: resized
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-19-2014

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: My Account to be restricted because eBay are after money from my deceased father

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger666 View Post
So eBay are able to over power article 8 of the human rights act 1998 thee right to a private family life and they are able to breach Section 2 of the data protection act (sensitive data) regarding private correspondence, eBay I am in fact a Human Rights Lawyer and a good one to, the manager I spoke to yesterday, pardon my language (err! you are a nonce) you do not have the right to my private correspondence or in fact my late fathers, only what we have agreed to share with you and you cannot by law (European) use that against us.
This is where eBay get confused, they think they are exempt from everything, I personally wouldn't say they are allowed to request that sort of information.
The Following User Says Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
trigger666 (10-21-2014)
Old 10-19-2014

Default Re: My Account to be restricted because eBay are after money from my deceased father

First let me say that im.sorry for your loss and offer my.sincere thoughts to.what must be.a terrible.time.
I think that to ask for.a.death.certificate is.unacceptable.
The reason i wanted to mention it " incase you do.want to send it "" is to.say that.your.mum.would not need to know. You can apply yourself for it.
My.ex husband died a couple of years ago and i.had to take some time off from uni and in order to go back, i had to prove he had in fact died. There was no way i.could approach the ex inlaws for it so was advised that you can apply yourself for.it.or your doctor can get it for you.
My thoughts are with you at what must be a.stressful time :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to ooooo.halo For This Useful Post:
trigger666 (10-21-2014)
Old 10-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Im sorry for your loss & sorry for what you are going through.

Ebay are definately a cold bunch!

But if you really wish to save the account, and you dont want to bother your mother with this, then you should try places like this : General Register Office (GRO) - Official information on births, marriages and deaths
where you can get copies of certificates sent to you, as i am sure you know your fathers details.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (10-19-2014), trigger666 (10-21-2014)
Old 10-19-2014
Threadstarter  

Hi everyone, Thanks for the info and advice. Everyone who knows that is close to me are scratching their heads as to why it has taken eBay 6 years to do this. We had all moved on and then eBay bring the past back up.
Old 10-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger666 View Post

She knows nothing of this yet because we cannot tell her, so guys and Gal's it looks like in 20 days a 9 year old eBay account comes to a end and I will use a family members to sell my stuff instead
I am sorry for your loss.

You can attempt to deal with the matter.

If a solicitor handled his estate, they could give you a letter with the needed info for ebay. They supply ebay, in writing, a copy of the death certificate and offer to pay the overdue fees.

If you have noone, you can do this yourself. But that's a bit more difficult to achieve. At this point make a good effort to get the account sorted rather than go down the way of using another family's info to sell. ( That topic alone is for antoher thread).

You also should let your mother know of this situation.

I hope you can succeed here.

Good Luck

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
trigger666 (10-21-2014)