eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Just got a new pocket wifi router and used it on my phone (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/79276-just-got-new-pocket-wifi-router-used-my-phone.html)

ilmman 11-08-2014 02:17 AM

Just got a new pocket wifi router and used it on my phone

I just got a new pocket wifi router with a 4g sim card in it to use the internet for stealth purposes. I accidentally used the logged into the wifi on my iPhone 6 for like a minute before realizing I it could link to my main account which has an eBay app on it. I didn't open the eBay app or anything in that time (the wifi was literally on for 1 minute), so does that mean it will link to my main account to the stealth account?

I didn't open websites or anything, but eBay app does have that push notification so I'm guessing the eBay app is running in the background constantly.. thus linking me.

The other account is a friends account with his name on it and all his details are correct in terms of name bank, address etc..

ooooo.halo 11-08-2014 02:32 AM

Re: Just got a new pocket wifi router and used it on my phone

I doubt a minute of logging onto wifi will link you.
But i reckon using the app just might.
Read former posts.....dont use the apps. They are a recipe for disaster.
You mentioned friends account..Are you sharing the app...or are you using friends details.for an account. Not advisable to use friends details if you are.

ilmman 11-08-2014 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooooo.halo (Post 606142)
I doubt a minute of logging onto wifi will link you.
But i reckon using the app just might.
Read former posts.....dont use the apps. They are a recipe for disaster.
You mentioned friends account..Are you sharing the app...or are you using friends details.for an account. Not advisable to use friends details if you are.

Thanks, I was just at the phone shop getting a pocketwifi for a 4g connection. Then the guy told me to log into the wifi for the new account to check if the wifi works. I did it.. Then I immediately turned off the wifi and reset my whole connections. I didn't open the eBay app (but I think it was opened in the background and I think the app completely stops when the app has gone to background mode).

I'm not sharing the app and not using any of his account (he actually manages all the stuff on his side and I just need to send it out). I intend to use the new pocket wifi for a laptop he gave me to manage and ship sales and just purely that.

But anyways, if I understand correctly, I didn't open the eBay app to the front at the same time I was using the new internet connection so I think I should be fine.

Please advise if I am wrong.

Thanks.

ooooo.halo 11-08-2014 02:42 AM

A one off shouldnt hurt but just be careful not to do it again, though o know in your case you didnt have a choice.
My concern would be the app. You can clear a device completely but the app stores things related to log ins previously so the risk is very high using it. A browser would be better.
Ive just gotton up so forgive me if im not understanding the set up with friend. Is it friends account and he is selling and you are sending for him. Ie - you both have access to account?

ilmman 11-08-2014 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooooo.halo (Post 606144)
Is it friends account and he is selling and you are sending for him. Ie - you both have access to account?

Yes, I got the wifi for that reason so I can manage all the shipping easier..

ooooo.halo 11-08-2014 02:54 AM

I suggest you hang around and wait for some more advice from some longer term forum members.
My initial response is to say that both of you accessing the same account could cause problems....the change of ips, account activity etc....everything can pose a link. And the use of the ebay app can cause problems in itself.
Im stuck here so i suggest hanging fire to see what others say is a must coz i dont want to give you wrong advice.
My personal opinion is that sharing accounts may cause more problems than you think.
:-)

ooooo.halo 11-08-2014 03:15 AM

Can you not make your own account and source your own products?
My sister and i did a similar thing a few years ago to what you and your friend are doing....but the only difference is that she phoned me with the addresses. I never needed access to her account ever. Sharing accounts is never advised. Hence, i go it alone now :-)

ilmman 11-08-2014 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooooo.halo (Post 606153)
Can you not make your own account and source your own products?
My sister and i did a similar thing a few years ago to what you and your friend are doing....but the only difference is that she phoned me with the addresses. I never needed access to her account ever. Sharing accounts is never advised. Hence, i go it alone now :-)

Yer, we were doing that, but the volume is too great. Friend is giving me his laptop and I just bought a brand new internet connect (thus the pocket wifi) that will be solely used for that account only nothing else. I won't be logging any other eBay accounts into that laptop he gives me so that it will completely isolate from my main account to his account.

I'm only just worried that 1 minute of being on the phone may set off links in the end.

ooooo.halo 11-08-2014 03:38 AM

I'm only just worried that 1 minute of being on the phone may set off links in the end.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, of course theres always a risk, but risk is minimal if it was quick and not been done before