eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   HELP! -MC999 Listing Policy Violation Alert - Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/79284-help-mc999-listing-policy-violation-alert-trademark-violation-unauthorized-item.html)

babzy 11-08-2014 08:02 AM

HELP! -MC999 Listing Policy Violation Alert - Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item

Hi everyone

An interesting one here for you guys. Ive been reading many posts but haven't come across similar to this one i had.

Have a 2 year old legit private account, 100% FB, all PP verified , Above standard rating etc.. Got a MC999 for the first time with the following email - MC999 Listing Policy Violation Alert - Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item - no point here writing the whole email. No mention of selling limits restricted , no 7 day ban etc - just listings removed.

Here is the interesting bit......have been selling branded items for the last 9 months or so same as many sellers, i know for sure i got reported by a competitor.....at the time i received the MC999 i had 3 active listings with the same Title for each apart from the model number for each. In the email they said they have removed my listings.

However after loggin in i relaised that 1 of the listings almost identical to the 2 which were removed was active and actually sold a day after the MC999 and i posted out to customer.

Does this mean - i am unable to list any of the items now again or the two that were just removed? the Title for each was the same apart from model number?

Where do i see the this MC999 within my ebay account?

Does the MC999 expire after sometime so i can start reselling again, or whats the best method to proceed?

Anyone come across a similira situo where they remove some listings and leave one on? whats the point here?

If anyone can shed any light on this one would be much appreciated.

Cheers

JamesNorth101 11-08-2014 08:32 AM

Re: HELP! -MC999 Listing Policy Violation Alert - Trademark Violation - Unauthorized

I would not list the same item again on that account, at least not for 6+ months. Sometimes eBay just miss one listing. I would removed it if I was you to stop them removing it.

You cannot see the MC999 on your account anymore.

babzy 11-08-2014 09:07 AM

Re: HELP! -MC999 Listing Policy Violation Alert - Trademark Violation - Unauthorized

Thanks much appreciated for your response. They got me at busy period when i was looking forward to good sales :(

pokerpro 11-08-2014 01:08 PM

Yep, sometimes, they just miss stuff...but if you list that item again, you're almost certain to get a 7 day (or more) restriction, plus get watched very closely....if you want to keep that account, you'll lay off that item for many months.

holguin666 11-08-2014 02:44 PM

I had a MC999 Listing Policy Violation, they just removed my listing! if you have legit info to back up your product go for it, issue the process to get back selling it, but if not I recommend to stay safe and don't re-list...Most of times as you stated, the competition reports it...I had removed Norton antivirus licenses keys, I was selling a lot and cheap, but I am sure the competition reported me, so next time to stay safe i decided to blend in with prices not to low so I dont get anyones attention...cheers

ovidiu 11-08-2014 08:34 PM

I had removed Norton antivirus licenses keys, I was selling a lot and cheap, but I am sure the competition reported me

Did you have them removed via copyright violation or trademark violation?

YvlEye 11-08-2014 08:54 PM

Not that I ever had to deal with eBay :: cough :: a rep once told me, in a way that made it seem like they slipped off, that MC999 violations roll off after 90 days.

I personally would not risk it - thought I was selling legit stuff and got banged twice for it - so spent the time on the phone and eBay actually responded helpfully after 4 or so hours on the phone.

The irony is that I have a lot of media I could sell, that is mine from decades ago, but given the scrutiny I'm afraid to list anything other than my name lately.

jeffweico 11-08-2014 10:08 PM

The only thing I can suggest is that if your items are legitimate, you could approach the brand owner through eBay's VERO program and ask permission to sell. They will probably want to know where your items are coming from, but if you can prove they are legitimate and the brand owner gives you their blessing, then eBay should leave you alone.

rsot 11-09-2014 09:47 AM

Time to use stealth too your advantage OP - new accounts

babzy 11-09-2014 11:06 AM

Thanks guys for all the useful info...will lay of that item for the foreseeable future!

looks like time to get involved in stealth mode!

lolzcat 11-09-2014 01:40 PM

You can begin to relist if it is slow. Its generally a three strike rule but not always. Just give it a little time and start up again slow

babzy 11-09-2014 06:02 PM

Just had a rethink after re-reading the email again about the MC999.

To me the email suggests that you can relist the SAME item but follow the guidelines we have sent you? or are they asking you to make the same mistake again so they can ban you?

Any suggestions guys?......thanks in advance!

After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following action:
- Listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

The listing that was removed appeared to violate eBay policy or a rights owner's trademark. Please remember that you are responsible for the quality and authenticity of the products that you offer on eBay. It is against eBay policy to list any counterfeit items.

For more information please see our Replica, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy:
Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorised copies policy

- Insufficient description of the item or no photos of the item You may also consider these tips to help improve your listing: - Consider using eBay?s Completed Listing feature as a possible resource when deciding on a listing price: How can I see how much an item sold for (search completed listings)?

Please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations could result in the suspension of your account.