Electronics on stealth account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-28-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Electronics on stealth account

Hi guys I just needed abit of help. I've got a stealth account opened almost 2 months ago and been selling used items past 2 weeks to build feedback. I will have around 10 feed back next week. My main items that I need to sell are around $400 mark and wanted to know when I should started selling them. I am kind of in a rush as I've got bills to pay and lost my legit eBay account due to DSR rating and it was my only income. So I am having to use my savings just to survive in the mean time and can't afford for it to continue for too long. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I've already had a look around and couldn't find any answers hence the need for a thread.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Electronics on stealth account

Your going to need to age an account a number of months before being able to sell $400 items.
Old 11-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 81%

It's not advisable to rush into selling expensive items on Ebay unless it's one or two. Depending on how many items yoy have I'd advise you to make numerous accounts and spread the sales.

If you are desperate to sell these items and don't want your funds blocked, maybe you can sell outside of Ebay, Craigslist for example.

Last edited by sax4; 11-29-2014 at 06:36 AM.
Old 11-29-2014

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

The problem is not so much the price its the item category your selling too! Not to say price ISN'T a factor thats not what I'm saying but since its in the electronics category your extremely susceptible to a soft limitation/limitation/suspension...

Even if you sell and think eBay/Paypal doesn't care it can come back around in a couple months even if it seems like all is okay now. Like others have already stated its BEST to take your time and age your account longer. 400 is alot for one single item, and my assumption is you don't just have one you have many..

Goodluck
Old 11-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - all the best with stealth

You need to slowly build to that level - perhaps also consider buying aged accounts and selling slowly as well
Old 11-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I sell higher dollar items on almost all my stealth accounts starting after the first sale or two and even the first sale BUT my items and category are not high risk of any kind.

Electronics in general are very very hard and considered high risk in general. Take it slow, test it, etc..
Old 11-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

My issue with high dollar items is paypal...It is very easy to hit 12-15K selling $400.00 items at a pop. Spread sales as wide as you can.
Old 11-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Wow thanks for the reply guys! sorry for the delay in responding!
I bought the eBay account from here and the seller sold something but got it refunded or something along them lines like 2 months ago. I am guessing for the mc999 thing but could totally be wrong. So technically it is a 2 month old account. And a do have quite a few of them electronics to sell however I would probably sell 2 a week. I don't mind waiting for feedback from the buyer then re-listing it. If you still recommend me to wait how long would you say? I kinda wanted it to be started asap as xmas is almost here and pretty much after that the demand for it would drop significantly.
Old 11-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Forgot to mention I do plan on opening more accounts but just wanted to try this out for a month just to make sure I got everything okay as its my first time doing stealth and don't want to run the risk of accounts getting locked or anything like that.
Old 11-29-2014

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Exactly what yankee said. Test it out ..take it slow. I guess my post was more aimed towards eBay but you do have to worry about Paypal more in these cicumstances because your new. Also like yankee said spreading sales is KEY when your newer to stealth and or don't have any accounts that are in eBays/Paypal good graces.
Old 12-03-2014

Are all your items identical?

Normally opening more stealths would be a good shout if the items were not identical, but I think say 5 or 6 stealth accounts with low feedback selling identical high end goods would set off alarm bells everywhere.
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
Are all your items identical?

Normally opening more stealths would be a good shout if the items were not identical, but I think say 5 or 6 stealth accounts with low feedback selling identical high end goods would set off alarm bells everywhere.
Depends.
All new pictures that don't look like the same person took them, batch purifier to clean the pics, different pricing, different listing style, different item locations, different titles

Can be done. I am sure you are not the only seller of this item?
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet3 View Post
Forgot to mention I do plan on opening more accounts but just wanted to try this out for a month just to make sure I got everything okay as its my first time doing stealth and don't want to run the risk of accounts getting locked or anything like that.
There is always the chance of getting locked...unfortunately, nothing is 100%
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Wow thanks for the reply guys! sorry for the delay in responding!
I bought the eBay account from here and the seller sold something but got it refunded or something along them lines like 2 months ago. I am guessing for the mc999 thing but could totally be wrong. So technically it is a 2 month old account. And a do have quite a few of them electronics to sell however I would probably sell 2 a week. I don't mind waiting for feedback from the buyer then re-listing it. If you still recommend me to wait how long would you say? I kinda wanted it to be started asap as xmas is almost here and pretty much after that the demand for it would drop significantly.
what??????????????????????????? you have an account that has already had an MC999 and you want to sell x2 high risk items?

Not wise. This account is marked. You need to go slowly and earn trust with ebay & paypal.

Playing with fire otherwise.
Old 12-03-2014
Threadstarter  

No sorry lol think you misunderstood me. I bought the account from here where the seller of the account sold an item and refunded it or something along them lines. Am guessing to avoid the mc999 thing. To be perfectly honest I don't even know what that is but I've seen sellers saying its mc999 proof or something along them lines. Don't worry am still doing my research in to everything
Old 12-03-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
No sorry lol think you misunderstood me. I bought the account from here where the seller of the account sold an item and refunded it or something along them lines. Am guessing to avoid the mc999 thing. To be perfectly honest I don't even know what that is but I've seen sellers saying its mc999 proof or something along them lines. Don't worry am still doing my research in to everything
When you first make an account and list your first item a lot of times you will get an email heading MC999, now this heading can mean lots of different things, sometimes suspension, other times restrictions , it also can be something good like limit increases.

But the MC999 that the account seller speaks of is the one you often get when you list the first item, usually after a few hours, sometimes days you will get an email saying that you have 48 hours to call in or the account will be permanently,suspended, and when you call in they review the account probably check for links, IP address etc and also ask a few questions, and most times they will reinstate the account and you will be able to relist

So by saying its MC999 proof doesn't mean that you will never get another one it means typically that the seller has phoned in and verified the account by answering some questions
Old 12-03-2014
Threadstarter  

Ok thank you for the information. Do you guys have any recommendations on how long I should wait. I dont mind my funds being put on hold until the buyer leaves feedback as my items are brand new and is a big company so the odds of it not working would be slim and to be honest I don't mind giving a partial refund if its not working since they can send it to the company since it would be under warranty. Any ball park time frame would be great.
Old 12-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Electronics are vague but ppl have suggested 90 days...others half a year of solid building...ideas worth noting
Old 12-12-2014

Longevity: 55%

It depends on the item. Electronics is my main product category and I haven't had a problem selling from very early on. However if you sell for example Apple ipods the risk is a million times higher according to ebay that they are counterfeit compared to when you are selling Sony DVD Players. I think in this case the item will determine how long you need to wait and how strong your account needs to be. If there are counterfeits of the product around you should be careful.