eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Reviving my REAL ebay account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/80126-reviving-my-real-ebay-account.html)

solefoodbk 11-29-2014 08:08 AM

Reviving my REAL ebay account

Hi everyone.

My orginal eBay account and Paypal account were suspended due to non payment. This all happened like 4-5 years ago. I was a silly kid who didn't want to pay the fees after selling. :doh:

OK so my question is strictly reserved to the people who actually have experience in doing this. Are there any methods or ideas on the best solution to go about doing this? The thing is I know it is heavily is reliant on the rep I speak with.
:hail:

I'm good at talking with the eBay and Paypal reps but obviously somethings like this are simply out of my control. My realistic approach is to hopefully at least get my buying privilages reinstated so I can buy, and maybe down the line starting selling again.

I have plenty stealths its just I would really like having my real account back. I was never banned due to a vero or anything super serious, not to say not paying fees isn't, but its the least serious reason to ban someone, at least that would be my assumption.

Any help from the senior members I'd greatly apperciate it :)

rsot 11-29-2014 09:49 AM

Re: Reviving my REAL ebay account

How much are the fees in question? The issue is that even if you pay it off, there is a chance you won't be reinstated - just to clarify.

GreenBean 11-29-2014 10:26 AM

Modest too.

:rolleyes:

JamesNorth101 11-29-2014 10:29 AM

Impossible to say really.

Sometimes eBay will fully reinstate an account after overdue fees have been paid, sometimes they will not.

Best thing to do is pay the fees and keep your fingers crossed.

solefoodbk 11-29-2014 10:53 AM

(I fully understand I might not be reinstated, but its worth it in my opinion)

Its not alot is the thing! Its only a 60 bucks, thats chump change as far as I'm concerned if it means its reinstated. Have any of you guys done this yourself? Meaning calling into to reinstate your REAL account?

Now Paypal is a seperate issue I haven't yet tackled in regards to figuring out the amount I owe..can't be more than 200$.

I'm taking one step at a time. I guess your right jamesnorth101 just hoping I could get a little insight or tips on a better way to go about this. I'm defiantly not going to ask to start selling again so my plan is HOPEFULLY I get my buying privileges back, and then say 6 months later I call in and ask...

Any of you guys do something like this? GreenBean you have your real account still don't you? Have you ever had to reinstate it after a suspension? I'm talking strictly eBay now, not Paypal.

cokecola 11-29-2014 11:01 AM

I know someone who paid there 2009 account fees this year and started selling straight away with 100/3500 limit

solefoodbk 11-29-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobileah (Post 613752)
I know someone who paid there 2009 account fees this year and started selling straight away with 100/3500 limit

Did they ask to sell or did the rep just decide to give them their limits back?

Thats actually the year I had gotten suspended..

kingdomcome84 11-29-2014 08:34 PM

only $60. I would pay

yankee 11-29-2014 08:40 PM

I am kinda hung up on the REAL aspect? Because if you start using it and making money you are going to change it into a business EIN anyways so that you can save on taxes right?
What are your other accounts? They don't work and make money?

If you want a buyers account, just open one...I would still use a stealth name but that is just me. I like being incognito.

GreenBean 11-29-2014 10:14 PM

So ebay suspended you for non fee payment and paypal limited you because your ebay account was not functioning?

Did anything else happen? Any other issues?
Also, keep in mind your age.....

If this was from 2009, techincally you were underage. paypal may not restore the account. They can go for their pound of flesh.

:ranger:

J dub 1984 11-29-2014 10:47 PM

What's up with eBay and Paypal they gave me the boot and then let me back on. It said on the paypal account welcome back again...kinda weird no?

solefoodbk 11-29-2014 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 613988)
So ebay suspended you for non fee payment and paypal limited you because your ebay account was not functioning?

Did anything else happen? Any other issues?
Also, keep in mind your age.....

If this was from 2009, techincally you were underage. paypal may not restore the account. They can go for their pound of flesh.

:ranger:

Do you think paypal will go to that extent? I honestly don't recall what happened with my paypal account. The catch is..I've made one other account that is techincally linked and when I had started stealth I used my middle name thinking I'd beat them, obviously I was wrong.

Kinda assuming it won't get reinstated but whatever its worth the possiblity. I'm really good at speaking with them, and knowing when to hang up and get a new rep. We'll see. I plan on getting this taken care of before the year ends. I'll keep you guys posted and let you know what happens...

@yankee its just something I want to do. :noidea:
I can't say your wrong because your not. I just have invested so much time into eBay it would be nice to know I at least have a "clean" slate with them. Not to mention Paypal ugh. GreenBean has her real account still, I think? Alot of older members I believe still have their real accounts..

Just for the record I was 16/17 when all this originally happened. I obviously never in my wildest dreams would have thought this would have caught up to me later in my life. Karmas a ****

pokerpro 11-30-2014 12:02 AM

From my experience over the last 16 years, I think even if you pay it, they won't let you back on. And, I'm 99% sure you can't get the decision maker on the phone...it's not one of those goofy first tier reps that has that kind of juice....

However, I would pay it, because if you don't they are going to be on the lookout for anything that they can use to trace you down in respect to being linked to another account forever.

If you pay them, then they forget about looking for you at all. IMO that's cheap insurance in case you ever slip up, if you know what I mean.

And I still have some of have my original accounts, the ex got some in the divorce! lol.

solefoodbk 11-30-2014 12:42 AM

I couldn't have said it better myself. You said everything I hope to get from paying my fees on both eBay and paypal. Thank you for your helpful insight pokerpro!

This forum never seizes to amaze me, love it :)