Permanent Acct Possibly linked to 2 stealth accs... help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-29-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Permanent Acct Possibly linked to 2 stealth accs... help

I have written Aspkin directly, but I want some feedback from the community as well. This is what happened:

I know using the ebay app on the ipad is a BIG no no, but I deleted it about a month ago, and STUPIDLY started using 2 stealth accounts on it after that. I previously used another account before the 2 stealth accounts, on that ipad, through the app AND through the safari browser. That account is my permanent long-term account from 2011, with over 3000 feedback on it.

eBay has NOT permanently linked the 3 accounts YET, but I called in from my old account (non-stealth account), which started to have issues on, and I asked them if there was any link to other accounts, without giving them any other info. They did in fact say I had "1 or 2" accounts that showed links, although it wasn't a concern for ebay yet, enough to limit me. They wanted me to give them some user names and he would've said whether or not I was linked to the accounts I mentioned, but I told him I had no clue who they could be linked to.

I am FAIRLY CERTAIN that these 2 accounts are the 2 accounts that I started slowly selling on, AND I just recently added the same item for sale on them, as I have on my old account (which is another way they may permanently link me if that happens)

(Sorry for all the info, but I wanted you to get a clear picture)

If I wipe the entire iPad (which I just did), can I safely use it for those 2 stealth accounts now? Also, should I completely change the IP address I used with 24vc, with those 2 stealth accounts?

He said the link was NOT a concern yet, but if the system is triggered with more data showing that we are the same person, then we would be fully linked. He said currently the 2 accounts that were linked don't have enough matching info to get a full link.

How can I save them before a permanent link is made?
Suggestions?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-29-2015

Default Re: Permanent Acct Possibly linked to 2 stealth accs... help

I'm not completely sure, but restoring your iPad and having a FRESH new iOS should make it free to use. But restoring from backup might still make it dangerous
Old 01-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Oh sweet jesus.......DO...NOT...USE....THE...APPS.....WITH. ...SAME....DEVICE!

I don't care if you delete the iOS and reinstall the apps....do not use them on the same device.
Old 01-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Thats the issue right there. I get conflicting views. I didnt restore it at all. I just wiped all data from before. It's a fresh install of everything on the ipad.

BUT, according to MM78, you're saying if it EVER had the ebay app on it, and even if I wipe the ipad, it's now worthless to use on stealth accounts. Can traces really be left after a system wipe and a fresh install of the ios?
Old 01-30-2015
Threadstarter  

I will not be reinstalling ebay at all on the fresh install of ios either. I'll only use the Switch app... any thoughts?
Old 01-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Let me explain, When you install the Ebay/PayPal Apps....it CAN record your device's Unique Identifier which can never be changed. When you wipe the device and reinstall iOS and then reinstall the App....guess what? it already knows what Ebay ID was associated with that device, follow? So it doesn't matter if you wipe the device 100 times, it already knows and will link accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (01-30-2015)
Old 01-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobrockz View Post
I'm not completely sure, but restoring your iPad and having a FRESH new iOS should make it free to use. But restoring from backup might still make it dangerous
STOP NOW, please.

This is inaccurate info. Resets do NOT clear the phone.
You are correct. You are NOT sure. So avoid the advice because this is NOT CORRECT.

Do yourself a favor and READ the forum to ensure you offer working stealth help not wrong info.

Old 01-30-2015

Yes you have completely doomed all the accounts you have accessed on the iPad since you started using the ebay paypal app's, they really are non recoverable from, you are going absolutely nowhere, you need to make new accounts or buy them from here, but you cannot ever use that iPad for stealth accounts again!
Old 01-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Rosie! Rosie!

Bit over the top there.

The ipad could be used if access is made via a browser.

This is how I use my ipad. For me, the ebay app does not exist. I use the ipad and usually Firefox portable.

Dont be giving last rites too soon.

Old 01-30-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Rosie! Rosie!

Bit over the top there.

The ipad could be used if access is made via a browser.

This is how I use my ipad. For me, the ebay app does not exist. I use the ipad and usually Firefox portable.

Dont be giving last rites too soon.

Right, GB I was going by previous posts and threads on here that were so damning of ALL app use, even in iPhones that are also MAC's, does this mean I could actually still use my iPhone that has previously had the eBay app on it with out any worries about linking? as long as I only accessed eBay/PayPal using a browser?

Last edited by RosieTosie; 01-30-2015 at 05:13 AM.
Old 01-30-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Right, GB I was going by previous posts and threads on here that were so damning of ALL app use, even in iPhones that are also MAC's, does this mean I could actually still use my iPhone that has previously had the eBay app on it with out any worries about linking? as long as I only accessed eBay/PayPal using a browser?
Reset is completely fine on old devices so long as the apps are not installed.

From my mobile device i use a browser and for the two i multiply on, i use two separate browsers.

Yes, you can still use your device.
Factory reset it to completely remove all history and.cookies etc....then restart it like its a fresh device.
Just dont install the apps. Use browsers only :-)
Old 01-30-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
Reset is completely fine on old devices so long as the apps are not installed.

From my mobile device i use a browser and for the two i multiply on, i use two separate browsers.

Yes, you can still use your device.
Factory reset it to completely remove all history and.cookies etc....then restart it like its a fresh device.
Just dont install the apps. Use browsers only :-)
That's the thing though halo, the apps HAD been previously downloaded on the iPhone AND to the iPad, and I though once they had been downloaded they left markers or 'beacons' on that device, which ebay/PayPal would then pick up on when those devices were used again on any new otherwise unrelated accounts, and it has been stated on the forum that factory resets do not wipe those markers/beacons, this has been stated quite a few times in the forum as well. I stand to corrected if Apple macs, which of course the iPhone and iPad are, do not retain the markers/beacons from the apps, but I strongly suspect that they may retain those !! I know one of the biggest things with Apple macs is that they never get virus's, but this ebay/PayPal app markers/beacons thing is something else entirely!
Old 01-30-2015

Quote:
That's the thing though halo, the apps HAD been previously downloaded on the iPhone AND to the iPad, and I though once they had been downloaded they left markers or 'beacons' on that device, which ebay/PayPal would then pick up on when those devices were used again on any new otherwise unrelated accounts, and it has been stated on the forum that factory resets do not wipe those markers/beacons, this has been stated quite a few times in the forum as well. I stand to corrected if Apple macs, which of course the iPhone and iPad are, do not retain the markers/beacons from the apps, but I strongly suspect that they may retain those !! I know one of the biggest things with Apple macs is that they never get virus's, but this ebay/PayPal app markers/beacons thing is something else entirely!
Its the apps that carry the info, so as long as you dont download them, your device is as good as new to use :-)
Old 01-30-2015

Factory reset will give yu a fresh device.
If you then download the app, you are effectively bugging it with used info.
So as long as you dont download the apps to begin with, youll be perfwctly fine :-)
Old 01-30-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
Factory reset will give yu a fresh device.
If you then download the app, you are effectively bugging it with used info.
So as long as you dont download the apps to begin with, youll be perfwctly fine :-)
I know from the private message you sent halo that as MM78 has advised this thread creator, once the apps have been downloaded to a device, be it iPad, or iPhone, that device will ALWAYS carry the markers or bugs from the app, factory resets DO NOT clear those markers/bugs, clears just about everything else, just not the things that are vitally important to us here, ebay/PayPal markers or bugs from the use of the apps on old ebay/PayPal accounts that themselves no longer exist, the things they leave behind do remain on the device forever.
Old 01-30-2015

Quote:
I know from the private message you sent halo that as MM78 has advised this thread creator, once the apps have been downloaded to a device, be it iPad, or iPhone, that device will ALWAYS carry the markers or bugs from the app, factory resets DO NOT clear those markers/bugs, clears just about everything else, just not the things that are vitally important to us here, ebay/PayPal markers or bugs from the use of the apps on old ebay/PayPal accounts that themselves no longer exist, the things they leave behind do remain on the device forever.
The markers will only carry over, if you install the app.
Its the app that has the info, not your phone. Its only on your phone if you install the app.
Lol...gosh that was a mouthful :-)
Reset device is what i do, then dont install the apps :-)
Old 01-30-2015
Threadstarter  

So, what I am mostly understanding is that:

If the ebay app was on the ipad before and then a factory reset is done, and the ebay app is NOT INSTALLED AFTER THE FACTORY RESET, then it should now be fine???

I am getting conflicting views from what I see
Old 01-30-2015
Threadstarter  

I just had something even worse happen. I had a surge of complaints on my main account that I've had for 3 years. They put on a trademark violation on the account and limited it for 30 days. I called it in to ebay (since it's my account - not a stealth acct), and they saw I have an above average rating and keep everything clean on the account, handling all issues immediately and all... So they IMMEDIATELY removed the violation and the 30 day restriction for listing new items.

NOW, paypal put the 180 day limitation on the account. Paypal said it was triggered by Ebay and they will get back to me within 24-48 hours after they check if ebay cleared that violation.

Will they release the account if they say the paypal limitation was due to ebay and, ebay found that I wasn't really at fault and I was cleared anyway?
Old 01-30-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by talos View Post
So, what I am mostly understanding is that:

If the ebay app was on the ipad before and then a factory reset is done, and the ebay app is NOT INSTALLED AFTER THE FACTORY RESET, then it should now be fine???

I am getting conflicting views from what I see
Yes this is good to go after the factory reset Talos, I have now got this straight and you can rest assured that you have got it straight as well!
Old 01-30-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by talos View Post
I just had something even worse happen. I had a surge of complaints on my main account that I've had for 3 years. They put on a trademark violation on the account and limited it for 30 days. I called it in to ebay (since it's my account - not a stealth acct), and they saw I have an above average rating and keep everything clean on the account, handling all issues immediately and all... So they IMMEDIATELY removed the violation and the 30 day restriction for listing new items.

NOW, paypal put the 180 day limitation on the account. Paypal said it was triggered by Ebay and they will get back to me within 24-48 hours after they check if ebay cleared that violation.

Will they release the account if they say the paypal limitation was due to ebay and, ebay found that I wasn't really at fault and I was cleared anyway?
All you can do on this one is wait those 24/48 hours and see what happens, no one can really give you any useful advice on the chances of this one working out in your favour, it obviously should do, but this is PayPal we are talking about and they are a bit of a law unto themselves, they have suspended people before and not reinstated them, but your chances must be better than most as ebay have cleared all the flags and markers on your account, or at least that's what they have told you they have done!
Old 01-30-2015

MM78;

I apologize for giving incorrect info.

Please read this article I saw today. iPad + cellular through Verizon and is it possible to use the eBay app?

Verizon Wireless will let you dodge those sketchy 'supercookies'