eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Passing the eBay identity verification 'quiz' (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/82764-passing-ebay-identity-verification-quiz.html)

nickh04 02-11-2015 12:15 AM

Passing the eBay identity verification 'quiz'

I've made a few accounts and as soon as I try to list an item, I get hit with the 0/$0 limitation. I'm asked to call to verify my identity.

Mainly they just ask you to confirm your information on file, which is fairly easy. The problem I am having is with the address. Every single time the eBay rep cannot associate my stealth name to the address. I'm asked to give a second address, and yet again they cannot confirm. I answer none of the above to all the questions, and they say I failed the test. I'm then asked to send in a copy of my drivers license, or a bill.

Anybody know a way around this? I've had some eBay reps confirm my account anyway, but some reps will just send me the dreaded email which makes you send in a form of ID.

Looking forward to hearing from you fellow stealthers. Thanks.

pennslmmer 02-11-2015 02:51 PM

Re: Passing the eBay identity verification 'quiz'

this is common for new accounts. follow the posts on here so you can cover as much as possible... for your issue, what you need to do is have your account at least 80% verified and do not sell anything right away... let the account age for at least 3-4 weeks. yes..pain the ass but we all have to go through this... and it also depends on the item that you are selling as well.

zexaah 02-11-2015 03:55 PM

Don't list a vero item as your first product. Say you got your public records removed because you are a private investigator or part of the FBI. Be creative bro, you can say anything and they will give you a small limit to start like 500/5 or 1000/10.

rsot 02-11-2015 03:58 PM

Welcome to the forums - are you listing right away? I prefer browsing and bidding for 2-4 weeks prior to sales.

Are you starting off with risky items or electronics or...?

nickh04 02-11-2015 04:08 PM

My account is about 25 days old.
I have Paypal 100% verified. Been browsing and bidding on items for the past few weeks.
Listed a non-vero item (pair of sunglasses).
IP is in the same location as my stealth address.

Not sure what else I can do. Normally I would just forget about this account and try again, but I already wasted a CC and bank account on this account.

aking 02-11-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pennslmmer (Post 641335)
this is common for new accounts. follow the posts on here so you can cover as much as possible... for your issue, what you need to do is have your account at least 80% verified and do not sell anything right away... let the account age for at least 3-4 weeks. yes..pain the ass but we all have to go through this... and it also depends on the item that you are selling as well.

Some of what you state is not necessarily true, I always list the same day I create all my accounts and I always get 10/1000 limit. Also, my paypal's are not always at least 80% verified.

aking 02-11-2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickh04 (Post 641358)
My account is about 25 days old.
I have Paypal 100% verified. Been browsing and bidding on items for the past few weeks.
Listed a non-vero item (pair of sunglasses).
IP is in the same location as my stealth address.

Not sure what else I can do. Normally I would just forget about this account and try again, but I already wasted a CC and bank account on this account.

Your doing something incorrect if your getting 0/0 limit. Ebay/paypal Accounts do not need to be 25 days old, Paypal does not need to be 100% verified, do not need to browse, bid or watch anything, address does however need to be an actual real address in the same zip code as your IP address. Name also needs to match the address.

nickh04 02-11-2015 04:44 PM

Ok. I have learned that the address I chose was a 'business' address instead of a 'residential' address. And the name does not match.

Could this be the issue? Anyway to save this account?

For example, should I try to use the same bank account and credit card with another account since I'm not technically banned from eBay?

aking 02-11-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickh04 (Post 641378)
Ok. I have learned that the address I chose was a 'business' address instead of a 'residential' address. And the name does not match.

Could this be the issue? Anyway to save this account?

For example, should I try to use the same bank account and credit card with another account since I'm not technically banned from eBay?

That's most likely your issue. I would just make a new account. It won't let you use that bank account on another account anyway. the CC i wouldnt use either, if one of those accounts goes down, the other will be linked and go down soon after.

Start fresh with new name, address, bank and CC.

nickh04 02-11-2015 05:07 PM

Ok got it. Should I try editing my eBay and Paypal address to match the name since this account is a goner anyway?

GreenBean 02-11-2015 06:07 PM

Changing the address will not work. That old info still stays on their side.

Even non branded sunglasses can be a problem.

:pout: