eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   DO's and DON'Ts with a new account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/831-dos-donts-new-account.html)

Quickie 07-26-2007 06:29 PM

DO's and DON'Ts with a new account

If you're starting fresh and want to avoid detection/suspension, you need to do the kinds of things which give you positive points on the Bayesisn averages, and avoid those things that give you negative points.

DON'T

don't set up your account for SELLING the same day you open it.
don't bid, buy or enter any transaction the first 24 hours
don't sell in the first 15 days
don't sell before feedback 11
don't sell at round feedback levels (10, 20). eBay knows preloaded accounts start at these numbers
don't bid, buy, or BROWSE penny auctions, or ANY intangible auctions
don't coduct searches for the above
don' tconduct searches for or browse borderline or suspicious items ( ebay selling tools, get rich tools, firearms, wine, or any search with the word "feedback" or "FB" in it)
don't bid or buy more than one item per day
don't attempt to leave feedback for anyone within 24 of the auction end.
don't appear like you're in a hurry to accomplish something.
don't visit selling tool areas of ebay; you're a novice, you're not a seller yet
don't browse items in the categories where you were lising before suspension
don't write any messages to other members, not even a legitimate "ask-the-seller"
don't read or reply to any messages from members you're not in business with.
don't report anything to ebay (spoof, spam, inappropriate listings, violations, etc)
don't visit the feedback pages or Forum more than once a day, or less
don't click on the "bidders" list for items while browsing
don't place an excessive number of bids in any day
don't navigate through pages too quickly -as if you knew their content by heart -linger a bit
don't say anything stupid in ebay messages ("Can you ship to a different address?")
don't include email addresses, links, or photos in listings, just the gallery photo
don't even include eBay links (About Me, searches, etc); novices don't think of this
don't use value-added options in first 5 listings
Don't sell intangibles infirst 50 listings, AND first 90 days
don't re-use text and images from old listings without some editing, same for titles
don't make any changes to your address or registration info first 90 days (once a year ok)
do not under any circumastances tamper with the country of registration
Do not spend more than 3-4 hours per day inside eBay
Do not make 1-time payments for seller fees in first 90 days -let them pull from PCC on file
DO NOT do any searches for your other member ID's, nor browse their items or FB

DO's

Do browse several categoris the first day
Do visit "MY Ebay" often and explore all parts of it
Do customize features of My Ebay
Do place watches for items, and later remove them
Do follow the golden path: "search, view listing, view sellers other items, place watch, back out."
Do visit Help menus and areas.
Do visit the eBay member forums, browsing them every day (avoid Trust & Safety though)
Read only, while in the Forums, do not post; Newbies are shy
Do visit the eBay Community pages and click around there.
Do click on the banner ads in ebay pages, at least 5-10 banners per day (this feels good to ebay)
Do browse many different categories, avoiding the designer items (it can be misconstrued)
Do execute searches for popular and benign words (cameras, laptops, ipods, sports)
Do pay for your items quickly.
Do use only eBay messaging system to comm. with your business parties
Do start listing 1 or 2 items per day, not in same category as your suspended acct
Do use Sell-Your Item for first 10 sales, no other fancy tools
DO save links to big sellers' listings (50,000+ feedback), and re-enter eBay through those.
DO accept PayPal in your listings
DO ENTER EBAY SEVERAL TIMES PER DAY WITH COOKIES UNCLEARED
(goes without sayng: don't do anything stupid in between)
You visit once, you exit. you wait 1 hour, you visit again without clearing cookies. Don't do anything during that hour, just walk away and have lunch.

In the first 90 days, YOU HAVE TO BE AN ACTOR. Get good at it.

Cheers

Chris Hanson 07-26-2007 06:42 PM

I think your a ex ebay employee! :) You know too much

But some of your information i feel is incorrect. Like buying or selling within 24 hours?
don't bid or buy more than one item per day?

But thanx for the info. I saved this on notepad

leonid5000 07-26-2007 06:59 PM

i have seen this info before and 90% of this info is incorrect

1. don't set up your account for SELLING the same day you open it. wrong.... been doing it for many accounts
2 don't sell in the first 15 days .... what????
not going to comment on other staff.. just read the aspkin gide and follow that instead of this

Chris Hanson 07-26-2007 07:07 PM

Most of it is common sense I guess..

Quickie 07-26-2007 07:19 PM

Yes, My granfather used to say:
"I've been drinking and smoking all my life, and look at me , I'm 75 and still going..."

Some people can get away with a lot.
Others have experienced the opposite.
Each case is different.

Chris, you think like a pro.
A first time user is afraid to pres that "Bid" button the first day. Watched my sister; took her 5 minutes.

Cheers

Chris Hanson 07-26-2007 07:24 PM

It took me .30 seconds to press the button

leonid5000 07-26-2007 07:32 PM

It have nothing to do with luck. It is a program.. you only have to wach oot of people who tell ebay on you . The more times you get suspended the more experience you have and stronger you get. More you suffer the stronger you get.

Quickie 07-26-2007 07:43 PM

This is my sister:

OK, we press the "Bid" button now?
But what if I win it?
But what if I don't win it?
Can anybody see my bid?
Can I cancel it later?
But how do I know the seller is honest?
But what if he'll charge more later?
But is he gonna know my address?
But what if he comes over here and...
But, I don't even know this guy...

Just press the freakin button, sis!

Actually luck has nothing to do with it, which is why I didn't mention it.

Every case is different, and there are too many variables that are unknown.

Correct, indeed, I think I can trace most of my mishaps to some complaint by some buyer. It's funny how a complaint seems to start the whole thing. Then, you're put under the microscope.

Cheers

jamesy 07-31-2007 04:24 AM

When I first started using ebay about 1.5 years ago as a 100% greenhorn user, I had to raise some cash and fast. I was selling off a bunch of stuff from around my apartment and gave ebay a try. I have to say that looking at your list I must have broken at least 50% of your rules without realising and that account never got canned. I think you're getting over paranoid about things

Ballsack 07-31-2007 08:43 PM

There's no magic formula.

belerim 07-31-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 6585)
don't sell before feedback 11

Ridiculous. Not true.

You're better off selling from the getgo than trying to sell with 11 phony feedbacks.

I start selling with zero feedback on few accounts and have no problems

Chris Hanson 07-31-2007 11:33 PM

hey you all. The person was only stating what to do to get brownie points with ebay, not so much what not to do to get suspended.

Some come on quit bashing the person . They made a good post! :)

mattcafc 08-01-2007 10:30 AM

Some of that info is shockingly bad.

"don't sell in the first 15 days"

You can sell from day one. Ebay is advertised everywhere in the media as a good way to get rid of your household junk. Its not just a buyers site. Half the people only join Ebay to sell their items, so obviuosly start from day 1

"don't visit selling tool areas of ebay; you're a novice, you're not a seller yet"

Yes, maybe you're a novice, but hopefully you're not stupid. Anyone wanting to sell will want to maximise it, by finding out more. There is also no written rule that every new account, has to be a brand new ebayer, who knows nothing about ebay, and has no friends who know anything about Ebay aswell

don't navigate through pages too quickly -as if you knew their content by heart -linger a bit

Plain stupid. There is no programme being run, that monitors every users movements, as to what page they are on and to what the content is showing them. Go as fast or as slow as you like

Again stupid. You're putting the ebay world in one bracket, as to suggest new users only spend a small time on there, have never used ebay before, and dont know what they are doing, and will have little interest.

A new user, may have a friend who helps them like a pro, may have had an account years ago and just opened a new account (allowed if the previous account was closed themselves) may have opened a second account (Allowed if its the same details and still have original account) or may be a small business opening up an account etc.

DO NOT do any searches for your other member ID's, nor browse their items or FB

Because peopel are to stupid to learn you can search for a seller?

__________________________________________________ _____________

This guy really doesnt understand how detection works. There is no programme running that follows every users movements, time spent online etc, they can detect what is written on the screen infront of you (From the auction) they also cant make judgements, that every new ebayer is 1.Stupid, 2.Never used ebay before, 3.Would only want to use ebay breifly, and not sell many or buy many items.

Ebay is a business, they are more interested in their turnover than deleting peoples accounts. Most people get suspended because they have made simple mistakes in the sign up process, thats detects its a second account from a previous suspension. The rest will usually get detected because they are being reported to Ebay by someone for breaking selling rules etc.

Getting a new account isnt like breaking into the worlds more secure bank. There is no super software being run by Ebay to detect and kick you.

As long as you follow the simple rules, and dont leave any footprints a new account is simple to make, as a new identity.

coopster72 08-01-2007 11:16 AM

Thanks Mattcafc! Thats exactly the stuff I need to hear. From what I've read I do believe in the Bayesian logic system, the ranking, and that you can get automatically suspended for dropping too low. There seems to be too much evidence supporting this to be overlooked. I'm sure selling too fast can throw up red flags too, but I think your right, it's the mistakes that are made by jumping in too fast that really end up getting people suspended again. Titles, descriptions, pricing, and pictures all of which were studied by my competition. That is my biggest fear of getting back on. Being turned in by my competition. Redevelopment of my auctions is my top priority now. They need to look and feel drastically different so my competition will not know it's me. I for one knew every gallery picture, title, and descriptions for each one of my competitors for each item. I studied them as much as they studied me. Sellathon told me that. That is an essential part of sustaining income in any profession. Know your competition. I don't know, I'm new at this suspension thing. But mark my words, I am smart, and I will learn fast and learn right.

Chris Hanson 08-02-2007 10:39 AM

This thread should be a sticky!

Chris Hanson 08-02-2007 10:41 AM

Okay , I'm going to the library today to create another account. I'm going to upload 4 expensive items to sale right away. i'll let you know how it goes. I just want to see if I will get suspended right away. if it last, I will just use this account for a week and a half then keep it on the backburner. Throw away account

tyandlayne 08-02-2007 02:30 PM

Chris, How many accounts do you have and are you keeping them or are they suspending you right away??? Please reply...

Chris Hanson 08-02-2007 04:02 PM

right now I have 4 accounts. Just today I receive a 7 day suspension because of too many copyright infringments. I think some buyer was watching that account and kept turning me in.. But my other 3 accounts is fine and they are months old..

And I never get suspended right away. Never Ever!

ihatebay 08-02-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 6671)
right now I have 4 accounts. Just today I receive a 7 day suspension because of too many copyright infringments. I think some buyer was watching that account and kept turning me in.. But my other 3 accounts is fine and they are months old..

That's kind of like me, but I get these "abusing ebay" suspensions most of the time.

Chris Hanson 08-02-2007 10:31 PM

Well quit abusing Ebay then..LOL

tyandlayne 08-03-2007 05:34 AM

Chris when you sign up your accounts do you use a prepaid Mastercard/Visa with a phony name? And I just signed up for click n pay, have you used it yet? There is a code for you to put in your listing but since this is not an approved merchant I am just going to send them an invoice.. What do you think??? I sent myself for a request for money and the only info it send over is your email address.. When signing up for new accounts do you always use your same merchant account? (for example" If I signed up for more accounts with ebay would I have to sign up for more click n pay accounts or can I keeep it the same even though they see the email address)///?? Please get back to me on this one asap.... I listed some items yesterday (summer Capris) but no watchers yet, I usually see watchers within the 1st to 2nd day... I sell alot of name brand clothes.. Talk to you soon

KeithL07 08-03-2007 09:29 AM

Question for Chris ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 6671)

Chris, I just got the temporary suspension until I did their cheesy 15 step VERO tutorial and then my account was back up right away, just by completing the 10 minute questionaire. How close am I to being banned for good and how many more VERO warnings do I get until I am kicked off? These 3 this week were my 1st in over a year and a half!

Keith