eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Is eBay trolling me? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/83304-ebay-trolling-me.html)

wakitiwa 02-26-2015 09:00 AM

Is eBay trolling me?

I got suspended from selling about 6 weeks ago, today I got this email from eBay...

Congratulations! You've achieved Top Rated Seller status, meeting eBay's US seller performance standards. To make buyers aware of your commitment to customer service, eBay will identify you as a Top Rated Seller. You are also now eligible to opt-in to eBay's new managed returns process.

Having Top Rated status also makes you eligible for these additional benefits on any of your listings that offer a 1-day handling time and 14-day or longer return policy with money back option:

20% discount on final value fees
Increased search standing when you follow our listing best practices and consistently deliver great service
A prominent Top Rated Plus seal

To make sure you maintain your eBay Top Rated status, check your Seller Dashboard regularly. Remember, in addition to satisfying other evaluation criteria, to maintain your Top Rated status, you will need to continue to upload tracking within your stated handling time on 90% or more of US transactions. Once you've maintained Top Rated Seller status for three consecutive months, your status may be eligible for a grace period—time to get back on track without losing your discounts or benefits—if you fall below the sales or tracking upload requirements.

Again, congratulations and thank you for your hard work as one of eBay's best sellers.

:violin: @#$% you eBay

RosieTosie 02-26-2015 10:04 AM

Re: Is eBay trolling me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakitiwa (Post 645698)
I got suspended from selling about 6 weeks ago, today I got this email from eBay...

Congratulations! You've achieved Top Rated Seller status, meeting eBay's US seller performance standards. To make buyers aware of your commitment to customer service, eBay will identify you as a Top Rated Seller. You are also now eligible to opt-in to eBay's new managed returns process.

Having Top Rated status also makes you eligible for these additional benefits on any of your listings that offer a 1-day handling time and 14-day or longer return policy with money back option:

20% discount on final value fees
Increased search standing when you follow our listing best practices and consistently deliver great service
A prominent Top Rated Plus seal

To make sure you maintain your eBay Top Rated status, check your Seller Dashboard regularly. Remember, in addition to satisfying other evaluation criteria, to maintain your Top Rated status, you will need to continue to upload tracking within your stated handling time on 90% or more of US transactions. Once you've maintained Top Rated Seller status for three consecutive months, your status may be eligible for a grace period—time to get back on track without losing your discounts or benefits—if you fall below the sales or tracking upload requirements.

Again, congratulations and thank you for your hard work as one of eBay's best sellers.

:violin: @#$% you eBay

This seems to be a worldwide situation with ebay where the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing!, just about everyone must have had at least one of these emails after being suspended.

I tackled them about it once, asking how coukd they possibly send me an email like this when they knew full well they had already banned me. I actually got a reply saying it was a newbie rep who had sent it and that rep would now be sent for retraining. Then it happened again and was sent this time by a manager, so I messaged back could I take it this time that the manager would now be sent off for some serious retraining!, they didn't send me anymore emails after that, guess I hit the nail on the head with that last message back to them!!

yankee 02-26-2015 10:06 AM

Just an automation email. Why let it bother you?

pr0wake 02-26-2015 10:36 AM

Deserving of a solid LOL though!

Sorry for your suspension, but you're in the right place :)

J dub 1984 02-26-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prowakeskater (Post 645712)
Deserving of a solid LOL though!

Sorry for your suspension, but you're in the right place :)

Yeah I agree :lol:. Not laughing at the suspension and wish you the best in selling on there; but too be honest they do have some big hubs set up in certain area's depends where you live and some jack@sses that work for them. Back in 2009-2010 some asshole from lets just say a major company would knock on my parents door, no 1 every answered, I was living about 30 miles away at the time with my girlfriend. But one day I was there with a friend and my friend told the guy if he stepped foot on the property again he wouldn't hesitate to use deadly force.(ex-marine who got shot/ex-cop) Now a construction worker, the threat was enough, and they sent something in writing, then another later saying it was dismissed.
Just a cautionary tale for anyone that's operating heavily, I'm almost blew a f'n gasket when I found out they were showing up at my elderly parents house but then again that's why mankind evented benzodiazpenes

RosieTosie 02-26-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J dub 1984 (Post 645740)
Yeah I agree :lol:. Not laughing at the suspension and wish you the best in selling on there; but too be honest they do have some big hubs set up in certain area's depends where you live and some jack@sses that work for them. Back in 2009-2010 some asshole from lets just say a major company would knock on my parents door, no 1 every answered, I was living about 30 miles away at the time with my girlfriend. But one day I was there with a friend and my friend told the guy if he stepped foot on the property again he wouldn't hesitate to use deadly force.(ex-marine who got shot/ex-cop) Now a construction worker, the threat was enough, and they sent something in writing, then another later saying it was dismissed.
Just a cautionary tale for anyone that's operating heavily, I'm almost blew a f'n gasket when I found out they were showing up at my elderly parents house but then again that's why mankind evented benzodiazpenes

Hehe now there's a great cautionary tale J dub, over here in the UK we get pestered more by cold callers on the telephone trying to persuade us we can claim for that non existent accident we had way back when, or the other one is claiming back our missold payment protection insurance, even when we have told then tons of times that we don't need them and reclaimed it all ourselves donkeys years ago!

pokerpro 02-27-2015 01:38 AM

That e-mail is a very common occurrence on eBay.....not worth giving 2 seconds of thought to.

Dmshark25 02-27-2015 01:55 AM

There marketing email department has absolutely no connection to the actual seller whatsoever besides the email address you use to register with and than everything is just automated

Horrible system they have, I still get emails for selling on a seller account that was suspended 3 years ago

rsot 02-27-2015 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 645891)
There marketing email department has absolutely no connection to the actual seller whatsoever besides the email address you use to register with and than everything is just automated

Horrible system they have, I still get emails for selling on a seller account that was suspended 3 years ago

Same here - bunch of automated marketing garbage

RosieTosie 02-27-2015 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 645920)
Same here - bunch of automated marketing garbage

Hehehe like that one rsot, 'automated marketing garbage'!, isn't it just!

J dub 1984 02-27-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 645891)

@DMShark from what you said above it has no connection but when you hit certain numbers wouldn't it have to trigger something ( via their email) ? I had a lot of sales in volume the past two weeks and it offered me some promotion deal to open a store for 5.95 a month for a 4 month trial period for an account I've had since November. I'll continue this comment in another thread because I want to raise my selller limits and possibly take them up on the 24.99 promotion to have a store which will give some boost to my listings, I hope? Too much has changed in the past couple of years when I wasn't around. Bottom line I don't want to have to talk to them at all but I guess you have too for either things to be accomplished.